'08 Trade Ideas

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Jan 21, 2008.

1. M.Blunt=Q.Doobie

M.Blunt=Q.Doobie Second Round Draft Pick

2nd tier star. lol. hes playing like the best center in the league. Last night he put 33 and 16 on yao ming. and held yao to 16 and 5. Hes more than solid on offense and defense. In a word he is unstoppable, and hes only 23. And i agree, exchanging draft pics would make the deal completely fair. I should have said that in the last post. My mistake.

respectfully submitted,
    Marcus De Sade
  2. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Given how lousy the Timbers are I think that it would only be fair to let them keep their unstoppable 2nd tier baller so they can at least stay within 25 of their opponents on most nights.

:hoops:.
  3. M.Blunt=Q.Doobie

in some cases your quote would be valid, however in this case, since the twolves are so bad that opposing teams need not cover anyone but jefferson, he is consistently beating double and triple teams. on a team that demands man coverage on all starters, big al would be scoring and rebounding even easier. again he isnt a second tier star, rather he is the second best center in the league at worst. dwight howard is the only one who can match up with him.

respectfully submitted
    Marcus De Sade
  4. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

unless you have reasons to believe he's going to have the impact of MJ or Shaq I am not going to trade away 3 starters... (AJ is going to be a long time starter in this league).

Star players don't mean championships.... Stars are all over the league, they come and go to retirement without a championship.

I think he's going to be a great player in this league but I am better that we already have a star in the making in AJ.
  5. buddahfan

Jeffererson's whole NBA career has been with abysmal teams. What evidence is there that the guys knows how to play on winning team that shares the ball on offense and emphasizes defense and teamwork above everything else?

:hoops:
  6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Jefferson falls into the second tier of centers based on Sprocket points normalized for minutes played.

The top group is...

Camby
    Howard
    Bynum
    Duncan
    Stoudemire

Jefferson falls with Kaman, Thomas, Biedrins, and Yao, but substantially ahead of both Sheed and Dyess.
  7. M.Blunt=Q.Doobie

what evidence do you have that amir johnson is going to have any impact in this league let alone be a long time starter.
  8. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

as much as you have about green... were both guessing...

But, I do know for a fact that you want to trade Two starters, one a 3 time allstar and one that is one of the best all around small forwards in the league.

If i am wrong were stuck with one miss, and we'll move on without a huge amount of money lost.... If your wrong we lose to great starters and have a huge amount of money tied up in that one miss...
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's a little weird when a new poster shows up out of the blue and actively lobbies for a total rearrangement of one of the most successful NBA franchises for one specific player.
  10. M.Blunt=Q.Doobie

al jefferson, 2 games last week he went 39/14 and 26/20, amir johnson couldnt do that even when he was in the d-league. last night against yao ming, jefferson held yao to 16/5, while he went for 33/16, its not much of a guess with him at this point hes proven what he can do. prince is struggling this year, and as much as some homers dont want to admit it, you can always get another rip, hes a mid range jump shooter. anyways prince is 28 and hamilton is 30, while jefferson is 23 and someone to build a franchise around. you make trades when your players are at their peak and about to start declining so you get the most value for them, and replace them with young talent to go foreward.
  11. M.Blunt=Q.Doobie

jefferson was just one idea, there are a lot of players to consider. but first you have to face reality, that the point is to win championships, and 2004 is getting farther and farther away, our players are all older, and the fact is no matter how much you like the old pros, we arent going to win with this squad. rasheed has played his best ball, so has dyess, billups and hamilton...tay is still young enough to improve over the next couple of years but i dont see it. you need to trade while your players still have max value, and that wont be the case in 2 years, and maybe not even next year.

as an aside,.......i dont think seniority has any value on this forum, as i saw a poster with 5,000 or so posts, in another thread declare he wouldnt trade chris paul for chauncy, and then, although im hoping this was a joke he said he wouldnt trade paul for stucky.
  12. buddahfan

That is too funny.

As they say in investing.

Do your do diligence.

1. Watch some film of him playing
    2. Talk to people who have coached him or at least read what they have to say about him.
    3. Talk to other players who have played with him or against him.

Now one can argue yes but that was in high school and the D-league.

So my response is what evidence did people have of Lebron or Kobe becoming NBA superstars when they were in high school? Answer. See above. 1 - 3.

So you may say, but look at Kwame Brown etc.

So I will say. Read about AJ's work ethic and attitude and compare these to Lebron's, Kobe's and then Brown's.

Join the AJ bandwagon now. You won't regret it, I can guarantee it.

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's just that you are proposing to rebuild at a point when we are in serious contention for an NBA title.
  14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The other thing that Joe Dumars mentioned earlier this week is not only are Rip and Chauncey leading their team with All-Star numbers, they are also mentoring the young backcourt of Afflalo and Stuckey. You don't blow this current lineup up without a major risk. Right now, there is no need to do it.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

M. Blunt = Q. Doobie a/k/a Marcus De Sade:

I really didn't mean to suggest that you shouldn't be listened to because you don't have seniority. It's just that we've never heard of you and you immediately suggest a really radical trade proposal and then defend it vigorously. It is hard to tell whether you are being sincere or not since we didn't have that "get to know you" period.

For all I knew, you were Al Jefferson's agent trying to pump us his market value.

The guy is a very exciting player no doubt and he does fill a huge need for our team. So, it isn't an unreasonable opinion that you have.
  16. buddahfan

Al Jefferson's agent posting on PistonsForum.com.

You got to love it.

Another example of how we have Modded our way to top of NBA forums.

17. M.Blunt=Q.Doobie

the pistons are not in serious contention for the nba title. they couldnt even get there the past 2 years, let alone win it, and now they are 2 years older (4 of our starting 5 in their 30s and tay is 28). the thing that most forget, is the year they won, the bench had as much to do with it as anything. i know mike james is trash now, but when we had him hed come off the bench and rain 3's for 10-12 mins. we had okur on the bench who is a starter now on a pretty good team, and we had corliss 4 years younger than he is now. you cant pretend our bench is that good now, or that our starters havent aged.

as for amir ive known of him since he was mr basketball, and ive always been a fan, im just realistic about what he is. he may well develop into a a starter but he isnt there yet, right now there is only potential, and id trade him in a second for a proven young big man, or slasher.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Do you realize how much money you can make with that assurity?

All you have to do is bet your entire life savings on every team except the Pistons, and you are guaranteed to win. If I were you, I'd also lever up all of my available assets and pour that money into the bet as well... cause you will get it all back and then some.

Also, if you eliminate all of the other teams who are 2 years older and haven't won a title in the last 2 years, you can increase your profits twenty-fold.
  19. buddahfan

Right now AJ is a +2.4 on the Roland rating. This is the tied with Sheed for 4th highest on the Pistons team and higher than any Pistons bench player. He has played in 11% of the Pistons possible minutes this year. As that percentage goes up, which it will so will his already positive contributions. To say that he is not contributing now when he is on the floor is ludicrous.

In the meantime Al Jefferson's Roland Rating while playing on one of the worst teams in the NBA is only the team's fifth best and 4th best among players who have played in at least 33% of all the minutes.

I think the biggest problem with AJ's game right now other than lack of experience and less than adequate strength, both of which he is addressing by getting more experience and noticeably stronger, is like Sheed's; i.e., staying focused. Whether that will improve over time only time will tell

Detroit Pistons NBA stats and data from 82games.com
  20. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

TO TAY AND 53:

The other day , my 8 yearold daughter told me that "even if Rosa Parks wasn't famous or didnt do what she did, I'd still like her." I had no comment.

Meaning: not every post should even be dignified with a reply.

and SCENE.