#1 reason to fire Flip

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by 16 Mile, Jun 2, 2006.

1. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

This is in all seriousness, outweighing the lack of D, the lack of developing a bench, the favoratism towards Mo, the lack of discipline, the lack of adjustments, the #1 reason is that he looks like a racoon right now.

The man is sunburnt, bright fuscia, except for where his glasses covered his face. WTF???? An elimination game, and he's hanging out on the beach getting sunburnt? Darko getting burnt in Orlando was funny. Flip getting during the playoffs is offensive. How is he not spending every waking moment studying film, getting his team ready, devising adjustments.

Joe, the man got sunburnt during the ECFs, fire his butt now.
  2. booggerg

booggerg First Round Draft Pick

hahah good call on the sunburn. I didn't even notice that until now.

It'd be even funnier if he was already sucking on a fruity drink with an umbrella during the post game interview.
  3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Flip did a terrible job of coaching this year but was the seasons failure totally his fault? I say no. Let`s not make Flip the escape goat here.

The players and the coach should share the blame on the seasons failures and triumphs.

They both sucked at times, and they both looked good at other times. Flip will be back, some of the players will not. Let`s just hope we don`t see a repeat of the coaching shortcomings by Flip or the lack of effort and execution by whoever the players may be.
  4. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Hey 16 you ought to be a happy, happy man. You got your wish by getting LB out of here and now you want to crap on his replacement. Spare me. If anyone should be hunkered down in shame for this pitiful post season it's you.
  5. booggerg

16 - if that indeed was the case. Then you weak man, weak... tsk tsk
  6. SKluck

SKluck First Round Draft Pick

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I saw that during the pressconference, it's so funny.
  7. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

I doubt he will be fired. Ben will probably be going. You can't have a team where the coach and co-captain can't work together. Get a defensive minded asst, sort of like in the NFL. Flip was too intimidated by the personalities on this team and their egos to coach them effectively. He let them do what they wanted, when they wanted. Joe needs to address this. The team needs a regular bench rotation for all 82 games next season.
  8. Tally

Tally First Round Draft Pick

At first I thought it was a bad makeup job...Nixonesque. But I think you may be right.
  9. booggerg

A guy with Flip's money, you'd think a trip to miami wouldn't really be a big deal. Apparently, it was enough of an event for him to go and soak up some southern sun.
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Flip is not going anywhere. The players lost this as Flip was a perfect 0-0 from the floor and our allstars and weak bench were 27-81.

Yeah part of the blame goes on Flip, for not playing bench until literally the HCA was clinched, and Joe for assuming that we had enough gas in the tank to get done it this year with what he had, and Bill davison for letting LB go in the first place.

Joe will give Flip a bye, and he will have to get enough players during the summer that will give the starters enough rest so that they won't be burned out by next June..the real winning time.

We will be back!!:nod:
  11. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Happy? You're the one who should be happy, just like Jason Whitlock celebrating that Detroit lost proving you guys were right about Brown. But you guys ignore reality, Brown quit, he wasn't fired, and if negotiating with Cleveland During the playoffs isn't quitting, I don't know what is.

BTW, the real losers here are the win now club, cause Joe has followed their advice, we haven't won since, and we've lost Darko, and probably Delfino. My biggest fear was always going into the post badboys blackhole, let's hope Joe can get a coach who will actually coach the players given to him, and this doesn' happen.
  12. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

yeah. it's funny now how the win now club is changing thier tune about developing a bench it's sad that the win now and later camp's point has to be proven like this. darko's gone, arroyo is gone, delfino wants out and we still didn't win the championship.
  13. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Flip is not a proven winner. That would be the No. 1 reason why you'd let him go, but Dumars should have known that before he was hired here. He was brought in to improve the offense, and he did -- during the regular season.

Flip will be back. The Pistons can't keep parting with coaches. Makes it too tough to get quality people in here.
  14. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Hey, broken record: People have always been in favor of developing the bench. And when the bench players get out there, as Pistons fans, we hope they show a little damn enthusiasm when they're out there. I'll take Hunter's D over Arroyo's matador act any day of the week. Darko should have gotten more playing time, but his attitude sucked. He asked to get outta here and Joe D granted that wish.
  15. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

If you are right about Flip -- and I think you are -- how can this possibly be addressed, except by replacing him. Flip's personality is what it is, and any even if Flip tried to change, the current crop of players would not take it seriously. This shortcoming of Flip's is a real problem.
  16. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

The other telling thing about Flip was Chuck Daly's surprisingly candid comment in a pre-game interview (was it game 5 or game 6?) that Flip was "nervous" when Daly spoke to him before the game. Flip is only human like the rest of us, but if he looked worried I am sure his players picked up on that. Not good.
  17. anakin

I think it starts by evaluating what the internal problems are. Is it one player or is it a whole sale distrust? What type of issues are they complaining about? In the end is it easier to address the replace/work with the player or the coach. Firing another coach, really looks bad and generates organizational instability. RC was a pain in the %%%%%, LB was whiner/hard driver and now Flip is a dumbo. Where does it stop? The players and/or management has had a complaint with the last 3 coaches.
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I think coaches will come here for whatever. Work 2 years get 3 years of severence. Nice.
  19. anakin

Drew Sharp article from Freep:

"Saunders laid into them during a time-out in the first quarter, telling them that they were not responding to the challenge from an energy standpoint.

But there was nothing left, nothing else to do but stand there and absorb their deserved beating.

Their poor performances underscored a fundamental flaw with this team that the players can't bring themselves to acknowledge. They don't want to face their own limitations so instead they questioned the coaching strategy."

Just for additional perspective.
  20. Robert Michael

Robert Michael First Round Draft Pick

Hire Chuck Daly.