#1 seed CURSE

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by adpreston1988, Jun 4, 2007.

1. adpreston1988

adpreston1988 First Round Draft Pick

I doubt I'm the only one that has realized this, but the Detroit Pistons in 2004 and 2005 (the NBA Finals years) were the #2 seed in the East to the Indiana Pacers and Miami Heat respectively. In the past 2 years (2006/2007) the Detroit Pistons have been the #1 seed in the East. I think this might have played into the success of 2004 and 2005 and the failures of 2006 and 2007.

Remember the Pistons were built on everyone counting them out and being the underdog. That's what they were when they were the #2 seed. They were the underdogs to the Indiana Pacers and Miami Heat. The past 2 years they've been the #1 seed and have not been able to play as well being the FAVORITES to win it all.

So no matter what happens this offseason, I think the Detroit Pistons should strive to be the #2 seed in the East, even if they have to throw games towards the end of the season.

Also, I just read this article on ESPN NBA.com Pistons May Be Forced to Make Changes and if Flip Saunders is fired maybe Joe Dumars should hire the New Jersey Nets coach. He's one of the youngest coaches in the NBA and his youth and passion might run off on the players. Plus, he just said the nicest things about the Pistons organization and really respects it.
  2. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I wish it was all that easy.
  3. Oracle

Oracle First Round Draft Pick

I don't want to be associated with ANY team that is scared to be the best. The #1 seed is where any team should want to be.

The real question is if you're #1 because you're good, or somebody else was bad, or hurt. A true #1 is ready to take on all comers regardless of style or matchups.

However, as bad as things ended, just think...

We could have been the Dallas Mavericks.