1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

1st Regular Season Game vs 76ers - Nov 2nd, 2005 - 8pm EDT

Discussion in 'November 2005 Games' started by Superstarov, Sep 5, 2005.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Hunter played really well in the preseason. I think he could be a weapon for the Sixers. Don't sleep on him...

2. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

More opportunity for the bench to get its act together as a unit for the playoffs.

3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I liked Hunter when he was in Orlando.. just didn't get the PT... even more in Phoenix... but it looks like he'll be forced into a starting role to start the season... their backup 5 is weak at best.... Hunter will also get in foul trouble by being over agressive.

4. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Can we use the bench and get the win

No more pre-season. Using the bench has to be implemented in the context of a W. That is going to be Flip's task. No Hunter to help on Iverson. Interesting to see how we defend him.

5. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

Hunter's D

Lindsay Hunter's defense has to be the most OVER-RATED aspect of any player I've ever seen. He does a good job on D but he isn't ALL-WORLD or ALL-NBA. I think the fact that L. Hunter can't do ANYTHING other than play defense makes some people think that he superior to almost any other defensive guard in the league.

Arroyo gets ragged on non-stop for his defense, but few people give him credit for being a great passer, a decent shooter, a pretty good penetrating PG and his greatest talent is his ability to "force up-tempo" basketball. When Arroyo is in, the Pistons score and force tempo. When Hunter is in, they SPUTTER. I would have preferred cutting Hunter and keeping BOTH ACKER and DUPREE. However, since Joe landed a 2nd rounder for our "last cut" I think he did pretty well.

GO PISTONS !!!!

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

If you can't see what Lindsey brings to the defense, you need a better TV. When AI says that no one defends him better than Hunter, I'll take his ovservation over yours. AI is a former MVP and perennial contender for the scoring title.

7. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Booooooooooooooooo!!!!

(MotownPride throws tomatoes at Jackattaq)

8. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

No, that title goes to Iverson's "will to win" ... which includes the willingness to do everything but allow another star to shine on his team.

In the NBA, no defensive player can really lock down everybody. But Lindsey is absolutely relentless in pressuring ballhandlers, and he'll do that every night. It's an ideal complement to Chauncey's strength and Tay's length, and it's unique on the roster we have right now.

9. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Jackattaq

I would acknowledge that our offense tends to sputter when LH is in. He actually has a number of weaknesses as a player-he is only an average ballhandler and playmaker and, at this point in his career, a well below-average shooter. He is also something of a 'tweener with no real defined position.

However, his defense is top-notch. His D on Wade last year in the playoffs was phenomenal-he absolutely gave him fits. And yes, as Micro noted above, Iverson has called him the toughest on-the-ball defender he's had to deal with.

I think he was over-used last year, but as a situational substitution he's a huge asset to the team.

10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

So some folk can't see what Lind does on defense.....sad....just sad. As LanierFan said in this league NO STAR can be totally shut down, although Rip did his best to prove that theory wrong in the finals by allowing Bruce Bowen to get into his head:doh: But lindsey is one of the best on the ball defenders in this game, if not the best. find me another PG that moves their feet that well on D and stays in front of their man, and often can turn their man as a result, PUUHHLEEASSE.

Anyway, I feel like I am 6 yrs old and it's X-Mas eve. I just can't contain my excitement. Jus like a little kid I wanna go home from work right now and go to bed so tomarrow can hurry up and get here.

11. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

Pistons Will Win

Perdiction for Tonight.

The Pistons will win 93 to 81. Philly will be without Dalembert and he is Key for them in shot blocking. Detroit will come out like game 1 of last year playoffs little slow, and Philly will have some energy and once the game settle in Detroit will show that there a better team.:eyebrows:

12. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

vthomp

We don't suit up until tomorrow.

13. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, I was thinking almost exactly the same thing for tomorrow. Philly is kinda banged up. Plus it's in Detroit. Detroit will be pumped, I think.

Detroit 96

Philly 85

14. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

lmao!

I'm predicting the Pistons will shut out their opponent tonight...unfortunately they will go on a scoring drought that will leave them scorless the entire game as well.

15. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Motown

That, my friend, is a solid prediction!

I'm still a little iffy myself. You know, new coach and all, and with it being the first game. :laugh: :P

16. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Did I miss something? Is Larry back? :laugh:

17. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

prediction

Pistons 105 Sixers 89

More scoring this year so why not start with a 100 point game? Star of the game? Carlos Arroyo with a near triple double....14 points, 10 assists and 9 turnovers.

18. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ouch, good thing LB isn't here anymore. 9 TO will get you the seat of honour in LB's dog house.

19. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

:laugh: might be at this game too. i predict we start off the season with a commanding victory. no dalembert so they have nobody down low (good way for rasheed to start), and if tayshaun plays korver he absolutely annihilates him.

20. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I don't predict a blowout, but a good win ecause philly has already played a game in the season. We still have a good sized win though i think.