1st Round Game 2 - Orlando Mon April 23rd 7pm

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, Apr 22, 2007.

1. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Maybe Slippie's avatar and his posts were meant for each other too?:)

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think it is supposed to be a fat samurai.

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I know he composes his posts (composts) when heavily inebriated. Do you mean to imply he picked his avatar when he wasn't sober too? :MusicBigGrin:

:burp: <-----------Slippy in writing mode.

I hate it when Slippy is the on duty moderator. Here is an example of the latest pm warning he sent me:

Deerest Darsh,

Shtop acteeng like an ash.

---Shloopy-----

4. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree. I don't mind playing the starters heavy minutes at home. You usually have the juices flowing and running on adrenalin with the crowd. Plus you need to make sure you win those home games. On the road you are basically trying to steal one, but you've got to take care of home court.

At a cricket game its awesome. At a basketball game its an insult to do the Mexican wave. Can't say I've seen it happen too often.

Got to see the first 2 games. We are just doing enough to win, but the intensity level does look better, especially from Sheed.

5. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I like what Magic said during the TNT broadcast about how his Lakers goal was to get the starters on the bench for the fourth quarter and sweep the teams that you have to sweep. I think the Pistons should be playing the same way. They need to see that there are veterans that need as much energy as possible in upcoming rounds. (Webber, etc.)

6. Play On Players

Play On Players First Round Draft Pick

I hope I never get to a point in my Pistons fan career when I think any series in the Playoffs is boring.

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The Magic are so loathsomely boring.

Darko fatigue.

Howard, another young super specimen lacking any refined skills.

Nelson. An experiment gone horribly wrong.

Turkoglu, has trouble being the man.

Hill, smiling his way to elimination.

There is little emotion. The Pistons are trying to put together solid 48 minutes and stay healthy. When the games get desperate, and we feel afraid that the Pistons might lose, then it isn't boring anymore.

It's ecstasy.

8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I guarantee that the next game will be more exciting. The Magic will play better, the crowd will be more into it, and the odds are that the Pistons won't get such an all around performance from so many different players.

All it takes is for 2 Pistons to be on, but in the last 2 games, hardly anyone had an off game. We had 6 difference guys coming through for us.

As far as Howard... I know he's fun to watch. But was he really deserving of an All-Star appearance this year? He has less finesse than Shaq, can't shoot free throws, and turns the ball over every other touch.

I think he is 3 more years away from real domination.

9. Play On Players

Play On Players First Round Draft Pick

I think the fans and the media are making this series seem boring because everybody knows the Pistons are the superior team. The players know it, the coaches know it, the fans know it, and the experts know it. As a player, I'd probably find it hard to play with intensity if I felt it was going to be a walk in the park, everyone saying it ought to be a sweep. But as a fan, I'm 5 kinds of excited just to be watching the Pistons ball. Say what you want, but in my mind, Detroit basketball is never boring.

"We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about."~Charles Kingsley

We're supposed to be the greatest, most loyal fans in the world so let's start acting it and get pumped!!! OWW!:cheerleader:

10. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Chauncey said that on his resume he's missing one piece - playoff sweep. I wonder if he is implying that Pistons will go for the throat this time, something they haven't done in a long long time.

11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

The Pistons are doing one thing right...that's staying away from Darko.

12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

14. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

What's sad about it? That's a commendable attitude that rookies playing for all but about three or four coaches in the NBA (and veterans playing for at least half of them) should take – although maybe they should be a little more dishonest when talking to the media.

For a pathetic little Dukie, he seems to have his head on straight.

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's a little sad that he is resorting to mental defenses to keep his coach from completely breaking him. He was getting a lot of playing time heading into the playoffs and was doing a pretty good job. Shot 42% 3's in April.

16. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Do I detect a little bias here? Wait, it can't be biased if it's true, right?

Anyway, I'd go so far as to say that Darko has been their best player so far and ought to be starting. Let Battie bring some energy off the bench. And with the Pistons showing a lack of interest in getting up on jump shooters (can you say Turkoglu?), it does seem like stretching them even more with another shooter might be a good idea.

I stand by my prediction in another thread - if the Magic hadn't made the playoffs, Hill would have been the next coach out the door.

17. max

max All-Star

I don't where this boring thing started. Been hearing that a lot on talk radio, mainly on the Pistons flagship station ( way to advertise a series guys ). Maybe if we lost a game it would be more exciting. Granted its not as interesting as the later rounds but Its been more fun to me that playing Milw again.

Has to be some entertainment value in beating a team that has 3 x-Pistons on it? Hills 1st playoffs with the Magic.

18. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Orlando is a bad team that tries to play like a much more talented team, and Detroit's not doing anything but trying to set shot-clock era records for slowest pace, running about five offensive sets and hacking away on D.

It's just bad basketball.

19. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I don't get it. I really don't.

The Pistons are winning each game at home by about 10 points. So it is boring and nobody likes it.

If we totally blew them out it would be even more boring, I suppose.

If the games were any closer people would complain that we are doomed in round two when we play a good team.

I'm wondering...what is it exactly that we were expecting?

20. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm not saying I am not happy, just that this series is boring because after following the Pistons all season, and being somewhat aware of who the Magic are, I don't feel the Pistons are threatened at all in this series.

And that tension, for someone who has been watching the NBA for over 20 years is necessary for me. I need to feel like every second, every shot counts. Against the Magic, I'm biding my time waiting for the real battles to come.