1st Round Game 3 - At Orlando Thurs April 26th 8pm

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, Apr 22, 2007.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Sheed wants no part of Darko.
    Pistons 94
    Hills' and Darkos' 90
    I bet Sheed shoots all 3s or short player shots in this game.
    Wouldn't be suprised if Darko outscores him and Darko is an afterthough in Hills game plan.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Actually TFD, no one in the Pistons org wants a piece of Darko anymore. :pound:

3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

"Hasn't had to" gets my vote. When Orlando combines for 7 total shots in the paint in the first two games, nobody needs to to do the dirty work.

4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    DETNEWS | Weblog | Pistons Blog

By Chris McCoskey:

5. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Actually, Carlos does wind up with much better shots than Jameer does. Even the ESPN guys were complaining about Jameer's dribbling the other night. How many times does he dribble completely around the half court. But even then, it takes second place to the number of times he dribbles down among the trees and comes up with ZIPPO.

The only way the Magic has a shot in game three is not going to happen. They need to start Arroyo or Dooling at PG and Darko at the 4.
    That way they just might avoid digging themselves into a big hole right out of the gate. But then, their second unit would not have any punch.

Jameer's only chance to have any kind of game is to play most of his minutes against Flip Jr and the bench.

Not gonna happen, tho!! Pistons should continue the broom treatment, in that case.

6. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

Hey Lazy,

Just wondering if you noticed while looking over the stats that the Pistons have won every 1st and 3rd quarter in the series and the Magic have won ever 2nd and 4th quarter in the series?

Battie plays the first and third quarters while DMC plays the 2nd and 4th quarters. So far it seems as though B-Hill's starting lineups have been pretty ineffective and I can't see any chance of him changing them.

Pistons will win the series in 4, maybe 5 if the take a night off. But for the sake of the fans and interest in the series I would like to see Darko starting against our frontline. I think the games would be closer and more exciting.

Gotta do something to liven up this series.

7. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

About 45 seconds ago I took a break from work and came to PF.com. Saw on the homepage that jackattaq was the most recent poster, and immediately concluded:

Sometimes it's a drag to be right.

8. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Or, option 3. No matter what the Magic do the results will continue unchanged. Maybe, just maybe, the Pistons are a superior team that will sucessfully rise to whatever challenge is presented.

Gotta say, this series has the weirdest flavor ever. There are more Piston fans trying to figure out ways the Magic can win, than are Orlando fans period.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Does anyone here really believe that Orl will be able to avoid the sweep?

I know history says that Det doesn't sweep teams, but this has to be an exception.

10. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

For the record the Pistons have lost 6 of their last 7 Game 3's.

I think Ariza deserves some more playing time. I don't like Brian Hill's comments that he won't change anything saying that 'this is not the time of the season to start changing things'.

Ok, so you are the 8th seed playing the 1st seed and you're down 0-2. When exactly is the right time to start changing things??

If Cola had that attitude in that series against the Magic in 03, he wouldn't have inserted Prince, and we would have lost that series. (To be fair he should have started playing Prince far earlier in the season anyway, but still...)

You've got nothing to lose Brian, time to show you've got a pair.

11. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I think the Pistons are going to win tonight, despite the problems we generally have with game 3. But if for some reason we lose, I can already hear the kvetching. Be careful what you wish for folks.

12. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

The Magic are brutal. And the Pistons are playing down to their level, doing just enough to win. I want the Magic to play a little better, so we don't pick up some really bad habits. Even if the Magic played the best they could, we'd still win in 5.

The Bulls aren't going give Sheed wide open 3's. Hinrich knows how to run an offense. Skiles knows how to coach.

Hopefully, we stop playing around, blow these clowns out by 30. Get Flip and Dale some burn, and prepare for Chicago. But if not, and we sleepwalk through this series, I'd like to see Orlando at least make an effort to make some of our guys work.

13. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Sweep is not goal of Pistons

The "News" is already setting them up with excuses for not taking care of business. Also, nice attitude coach. OF COURSE YOU GET BONUS POINTS FOR SWEEPING YOU IDIOT! It's called "rest," and making things easier on yourself for the next round. Every time this guy speaks, I get closer to an aneurysm. At least Brown waited until AFTER they gave away a chance for a sweep to start making excuses.

Sweep the Magic. Get it over with. Make your lives easier. REST.

What NBA coach needs to be told this?

14. mikhail1973

Um... OK...

:hmmm:

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

All this talk from guys who are not philosophers.

What can they say?

The only proper statement in sports when you have to comment on a series is that you are trying to win one game at a time. If you don't say that, then you get in trouble.

Just think if Flip made a comment about how he is scouting the Suns and trying to come up with a strategy on how to beat them in the finals.

16. mikhail1973

Personally, I would think it's an idea to get everyone off his back. It's funny too.

17. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I get all that, but the fact that he's getting annoyed and making comments to the point that there is nothing advantageous to finishing a series early, given the chance, is ludicrous.

For my money. I want this guy explaining that he's going to hit the game tapes and figure exactly what they can do to maintain their strangle hold on this series and make things easier for themselves.

18. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Dwight Howard...

"This is a must win. We know what we have to do and we've been battling them. We just need to get a new outcome. My main thing is to come into this next game really focused on stopping my man on defense and rebounding the ball. The offense will come, and I'll get my shots. But the main thing is defense because that's where we'll win games."

Not exactly sure this is the right approach. No 30 for Howard, no wins for the Magic. Seems like he needs to be more aggressive rather than sitting back and waiting for offensive opportunities to come to him. He can get both Sheed and Webber in foul trouble, but that isn't going to happen by concentrating on defense. It's not as if the Pistons have been killing them off the block.

19. Play On Players

Play On Players First Round Draft Pick

How'd you get inside my head?? What am I thinking right now??

20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We are like a cat toying with a wounded mouse. It's just laying there as we paw at it, hoping it might show some sign of life... so that we can pounce on it again.

You dog owners won't understand.