1st Round Game 4 - At Orlando Sat April 28th 3pm

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

1) No way I could root for the Heat. Mourning, Shaq, and Wade are people my very fiber dislikes.

2) Chicago is a young, inexperienced team. We do not want them gaining any more experience by extending the series. Ben Wallace is about the only guy on that team who is prone to getting worn down, and I doubt that is going to happen this year. Scott Skiles simply did not play Ben all that many minutes this season.

3) Now, if Miami was going to win the series, yes, it would have been great if it went long since Shaq would be worn out coming into our series. However, even this has a problem. Every game Wade plays he seems to get better.
  2. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

And now it's time to say goodbye...
    [​IMG]
    Nicknames brought to you by the Orlando Sentinel.
  3. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I'm sure Rip could use the week off, I know I could use a week off from watching the other team get relentless cheap shots in on him. :yellowprison:

Pistons need to finish this one in 3 qtrs, let the bench get a fresh taste of playoff basketball for 12 minutes or so.
  4. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

:laugh: @ lurker's photo collage.
  5. max

max All-Star

There are a couple of good articles over there.

Saunders calls shots in Detroit - Orlando Sentinel : Orlando Magic Saunders calls shots in Detroit - Orlando Sentinel : Orlando Magic

Orlando Magic must win against Detroit Pistons to avoid 4-game sweep - Orlando Sentinel : Orlando Magic Orlando Magic must win against Detroit Pistons to avoid 4-game sweep - Orlando Sentinel : Orland

So far this series had been coached better than anything we have seen since Chuck Daly.
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Agreed 100%.
  7. roscoe36

SSSShhhhhhhh! :sssh:

WDFN is streaming the pre-game show. Interviews with Pistons VP John Hammond and Flip Saunders to come by 3:00.

Sports Radio 1130 WDFN The Fan | Detroit

Click the NOW STREAMING AGAIN graphic.

You will need Windows with Windows Media Player and Internet Explorer.

Or you can listen with Firefox if you are running IE Tab.
    http://www.pistonsforum.com/82901-post1.html

I can't guarantee how long they will stream, but they might stream the game audio!
  8. roscoe36

9. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Alright, it's over, the Pistons finally got the :sweep:. We just knew they'd find a way to make it interesting, and the Magic led by 5 with about 3 1/2 minutes left, but the Pistons totally out-executed them down the stretch. Sheed and Rip hit several big shots, in spite of struggling for a lot of the game, the Magic turned it over two straight times, and Sheed locked down on Darko in the post.

Flip Jr. and Delfino played really well to help the Pistons back in it in the second quarter, and Tay finally started coming up big in the 3rd quarter. Too many offensive rebounds for Orlando, but it ended up not mattering in the clutch.

CB played 45 minutes, but if Steve Kerr was right at the end of the TNT telecast, the Pistons-Bulls series won't start until next SUNDAY at the earliest, which would mean a whole week off, even if the Bulls finish off Miami tomorrow. I'm not sure that's accurate, but I think it might be--I know that the date of every game in the finals is already set, so they'll probably spread things out between the rounds to avoid some extreme situation where a team might have more than two weeks off before the finals start.
  10. majestik

majestik First Round Draft Pick

Just woke up and logged in to check the results. Congratulations to the Detroit Pistons on the sweep and some well earned rest before the next round. Looking at the box score it seems the starting 5 erned their money tonight. We will need some more production off the bench real soon cause this is gunna be one heck of a series coming up...
  11. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

You are CORRECT, sir!!
  12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Well, coach Hill made one minor adjustment. He brought out Darko 3 minutes earlier in each half. Too little, too late. Which is exactly what all the Orlando fans expected from him. I liked seeing Darko do well, as long as it was in another loss. Good bye Orlando, hello Chicago.

Hill also played Reddick a bit, but he took away minutes from Arroyo, the only real point guard for Orlando. Bad move. He should have directly replaced some of Grant Hill's and Nelson's minutes.

For the series, the biggest disappointment for Orlando was Ariza, who simply never made himself a factor at all. Ariza, Howard, and Darko are all around about 21 years of age. Orlando will do well to keep this trio intact for future seasons.

Tay went scoreless in the first half. Surprisingly, he hardly shot the ball. But then he started to take over in the 2nd half, at one point putting us in control of the game making 10 straight Piston points.

Webber scored inside and out in this one. Rip hit some shots. Billups abused Nelson badly pretty much whenever he chose to. It seemed criminal when Orlando's coach put Nelson back in the game after Dooling helped get Orlando right back in the game late in the 4th.

Dyess did not do much. Darko bothered one shot of his and maybe that threw him off some. Delfino did some good scoring in the 2nd quarter, but did not get in the rotation in the 2nd half. Which is kind of odd since he was just about the only scoring off our bench in that first half.

No Hunter. Murray played for quite a bit, did not do much really, either good or bad. He scored from the free throw line a bit. Both he and Delfino played right to to the end of the 1st half.

Dale Davis played a bit. Other than providing some toughness, not much to say about his game.

Sheed did a bit of scoring here and there. His three was huge in getting us back in this one three mintues before the end of the game. (We were down 5 before the 3).

The announcers said it was unusual for Rip to shoot 3's. Good example of the national announcers not paying attention to individual teams not named Miami or the Lakers. Rip led the league in 3 point shooting percentage last year. I think the new ball threw his shot off to begin this season, but since the switch back Rip is doing fine as a three point shooter.

Of note, Tay did most of his damage from the outside. In the first half, it was not that he was missing, he was just not shooting. Tay remains on fire.

Sheed showed the world he can actually do a post up move, burning Darko with one, getting inside him along the baseline for a dunk.

In the 2nd quarter, after Darko came in and helped Orlando get a ten point lead, Delfino scored 8 points as we got the lead back. In the 4th quarter, Orlando was down about 10 and Darko took over for a spell to get his team back even. Lots of little runs in this game. Two of our runs came at the end of the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

This was a very close game, our experience won out in the waning seconds of the game. And our ability to make free throws. We made our last 9 straight or so. GO PISTONS!!!!! (Again, May 5 is the earliest possible next game.)
  13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Great win and even more impressive that they were able to comeback and close it out after getting outscored 18-7 to open the 4th qtr and then close it out themselves 17-8. Its started with that 3 by sheed when the Pistons were down 85-80 with 3 mins left.

Sixteen points from the bench, but once agian it was the starters that took care of business. Tay woke up in the third quarter and Billiups made the shots and the plays down the stretch to secure the victory

Darko almost pulled this one out singlehandedly and Howard played his best game. Like Grant Hill said in the post game comments, the Pistons were not a good matchup for the Magic and the Pistons were better. Even Brian Hill stated that he hopes the Pistons win the whole darn thang.

Ghill has to ponder retirement, but here's hoping Joe throws him bone in the offseason as he would be a great asset off our bench next season.
  14. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

What is your source on this date?

I know it is a Saturday. Are you saying that if Chicago sweeps tomorrow that the league will delay the opening of the series until next Saturday, so that the opener can be on Network TV?

:hoops:
  15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That delay will hurt the Pistons IMO... They cannot be off that long. Plus it gives Nocioni more time to heal...
  16. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Exactly!!

I said that in a previous post. The Pistons don`t play well after a layoff. The worse thing that can happen in this series would be Detroit losing game 1, IMO.

The Bulls confidence will already be soaring after defeating the defending champions - to come to the Palace and beat the Pistons in the opening game of the series could be fatal for Detroit.
  17. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I think it has to do with the finals, like I said in my previous post. The dates for the finals are already set in stone, so you might have teams waiting super-long, like two weeks or so, if they got through the earlier rounds in a hurry.

I don't know if the time off will hurt the Pistons that much. I don't know a thing about how Chicago fared in similar situations this season, but the Pistons have already exorcised the previous years' no-sweep "demons," so why can't they come out strong against a tough opponent even if they do have a long layoff?
  18. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Yes, but given how hot their shooting has been against Miami, don't you think the Bulls would also be disappointed by the long layoff? I bet they would rather jump straight into round 2 as well. Their fans are probably saying, "damn, now the Pistons are going to be really well-rested."
  19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Source is mlive.com, I believe in this mornings aritcle. Note, I cited the source over at the other site. I always copy my game report from over there. Little blips like this occur.
  20. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

He had a bunch of steals, 4 in the second quarter.