1st Round PHX vs. Spurs

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by Dlev59, Apr 19, 2008.

1. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Re: PHX vs. Spurs Series

Sorry Coynejeremy, we must agree to disagree here. IMO, the entire aura and being of the San Antonio Spurs ...if it's possible to be both ...is dirty and boring.
  2. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound:

I hope we're cool. Something really got my juces flowing while writing that post.:MusicBigGrin:
    I can respect your opinion. I'm glad we all have such diverse views on here.
  3. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Oh CJ, we're totally cool. I enjoyed your post about the Spurs. It was very passionate. I like really emotionally attached fans because that's how I am.Also alot of my Spurs stuff is for fun! You know, they are the team that I love to hate. That's why I call them the Dastardly Spurs, like they are comic book characters.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

What happened to Barbara San Antone? Did she convert to full time Spurs fan?
  5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Pop's substitutions are so pretty.

I'm amazed at the amount of lay-ups the Suns give up. Parker walted down the lane uncontested the entire 2nd quarter.

Flip needs to take the leash off Stuckey. Putting pressure on the opposing defense is crucial.
  6. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I am watching this game and thinking to myself, I wish the Pistons would attack the basket like Ginobili and Parker.

What really is upsetting, CB and Stuckey can! Maybe not like the Spurs but they can be more agressive going to the basket, they just don`t.

OMG, Popovich playing "Hack-A-Shaq"!!!!!!!!!!
  7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Same here. All they need to do is be agressive. I really wish we would split time w/Rip/AA and play Stuckey/Amir more. We need quickness. It's so important defensively.

And the hack a shaq is awesome! I think Pop is doing it just to f with D'antoni. I don't remember him ever doing it against PJ. It's working great though, even though Shaqs making some, the whole team is so off it's rythm. 4th quarter is do or die time for the Suns.

Maybe they can call Marion asn ask him if he can guard Parker :)

edited to add;

I bet you Nash has nightmares about Bowen.
  8. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Weird 4th quarter, but the Spurs hung on. The big 3rd quarter was the key for them, when they outscored Phoenix 27-11. The Suns just couldn't get anything going on offense in that period.

And by the way, that little Hack-a-Shaq adventure was an utterly moronic move by the Spurs. Shaq hit 5 of 6 FTs during that stretch, which was almost half their points for the entire quarter!! David Aldridge asked about it before the 4th quarter, and Pop openly admitted it wasn't working.
  9. max

max All-Star

I don't know what happened to her. She used to have a knack for popping in whenever I wrote something bad about the Spurs.

Houstons been my team out west but they are not going to make it. Problem with PHX is they can't stop San's big 3. The Matrix used to do so much for them defensivly that in this series they may have been better served with Marion instead of Shaq. And of couse G.Hill's out.

My opinion, I just don't think their style is suited for the playoffs. Nash's all offensive game is perfect for the reg season but you can't let Parker do whatever he wants out there in the playoffs.

I am also wondering if there is somekind of G.Hill 1st round curse. This will be I think his 6th trip in the playoffs and his 6th 1st round exit.

Whatever the case, the Suns looked a lot better last season against the Spurs. But hey its not over with yet.

I am picking NewOrleans to make it out of the West, they look legit.
  10. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Who, exactly, could that talentless hack guard on San Antonio? Michael Finley? Shaq's doing a much better job on Duncan now than Marion ever has in his life. (Not that he's doing anything else, but...)

Matrix's chokejobs were a major reason the Suns lost to the Spurs in more than one series over the past three or four years.
  11. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

12. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I remember a certain thread early this season about trading for paul.... ummm i'd like to revisit my vote, WOW is that Kid clutch and seems to play better the bigger the game....

I think i'd trade both starting guards at this point for him, and There GM would laugh and hang up the phone.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Man would I love to see Shaq get swept. I have the feeling that PHX will defend at home though.
  14. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

There's probably still a long way to go before this series plays out completely, but it looks to me like my initial reaction to the Shaq trade was reasonably accurate: trading Marion made sense for various reasons (he might have walked after his contract expired this off-season, there were chemistry issues, and they probably weren't good enough to win it all as constituted), but trading him for Shaq did not make sense at all, and now they could be staring at a first-round loss followed by two more years of this over-the-hill giant at $20 mil per season.
  15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Don't know who looked more frustrated tonight. Flip or Steve Kerr and his wife:MusicBigGrin:
  16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

The Spurs are great. If Pop was our coach, he would've broken out the "soft" speech at least 3 times already, and told us the team they were sissies.
  17. b-diddy

b-diddy Second Round Draft Pick

i liked the shaq trade when it happened, and i still do.

shaq is not the problem, for the suns, its the other pieces. shaq / amare at the 4/5 is pretty tough. the problem is how soft the pieces around them are.

i think a huge problem is grant hill. prior to hill, the nash suns have always had a 3 point artist at the sf. the offense is set up for nash to kick it to the sf for an open 3. hill cant knock those down, so he turns down an open 3 and the offense bogs down. combine that with nash's terrible defense and this team has issues, and i dont think shaq is near the top on the list.

how different might this series have been if nash doesnt let the shot clock happen in game 1, or if duncan doesnt hit the 3...
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Shaq held his own tonight. It's not his fault they made that horrible trade.
  19. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Good job by the Spurs. 3-0 now; they have a stranglehold on this series. At least one of my teams is playing well so far.
  20. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I only have 1 team in the NBA. :yellowprison: