1st Round VS Edmonton

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Superstarov, Apr 16, 2006.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Don't blame Manny. 3 goals is too much. But this is the 2sd? best scoring team all season. Earn your GD pay.
    We need more cowbell.
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

recap:

The offense was lousy for the entire series.

Legace was lousy for the entire series.

The officiating sucked today (they were almost as biased as the CBC announcers).

Thank goodness for the Pistons!
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

How many games is that Russian primadonna holdout, contract backstabbing little fedorov wannabe at in his playoff goalless streak? 25? 26? Your leading points producer cant go scoreless in the playoffs and hope to win. Plenty of scapegoats, Datsyuk is the most obvious.

It's time to move Dats for a goalie. We can keep Zetts because he is learning how to find the net in the playoffs and finish. Mr. Dipsy Doodle is a joke. That crap never worked in the playoffs, and it still doesn't work in the playoffs.

At least Feddie was a two way player.

I'm mad. Embarassing to blow a 2 goal lead. Pissed.
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Me too.

Deflated and Pissed.

I feel like I just got done watching a Lions game.
  5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Please do me a favor ...after 24 hrs, shut this post down. This was my most disappointing loss ever cuz I knew we didnt have a goalie that could steal a game 4 us. Datsuk was gone, but we lost back to back last playoffs 1-0, 1-0 to Calgary. If we could have only give up 1 goal this series we'd have won in 5! I'm so WAAAHHH!!!
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Scoe bring back the Wayno avatar. That's why the Wings lost, you went Darko on us.
    I gotta Datysuk bobble. And I still think Manny aint the prob. And neither was CuJo. Sure I'd like a young Hasek. And bring Bowman back.
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Definitely need to bring Scotty Bowman back....and give him a helmet, some pads, a goalie stick and put him in the Net!:frusty:
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Presidents Trophy...

So we are 1 for 11 with the PresTro.
    How about other teams? What's their success rate when they put up the best reg. season?
    This team was 2sd best in scoring and 2sd best goals against. Most points, WTF? :mad:
  9. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

I really think Datsyuk isn't the obvious scapegoat. Sorry, I know Micro is a Ruskie Hater, but I think the blame sits firmly on others. If anyone watched the games, Datsyuk was winning big faceoffs, and every time he had the puck I was trying to fight through 2 guys and getting drilled into the boards, and no one on the Wings was sticking up for him. Not to mention, I actually think he played alright considering that he missed the last 3 weeks of the season, and the 1st game of the playoffs with an injury.

It is time to blame Shannahan though. As one of the leaders of this team, his play was pathetic. He'd skate into the zone with the puck, about 10 feet from the nearest d-man and shoot the puck on an awkward angle from the top of the circle. He had no moves whatsoever. He had no passion. And the only thing that warranted Shanny on camera was him whining to the officials like a basketball player.

Now, I've singled out Shanny. And I DO think that the teams leading point getter (Dats) can contribute in other ways, after all, he had more assists than points in the season anyway. However... regular season vs playoffs, just so we know it's more than those 2 that didn't score goals.

Shanny: 40 g, 41 a, VS 1 g, 1 a
    Zetts: 39 g, 46 a, VS 6 g, 0 a
    Homer: 29 g, 30 a, VS 1 g, 2 a
    Dats: 28 g, 59 a, VS 0 g, 3 a
    Samuelsson: 23 g, 22 a, VS 0 g, 1 a
    Schneider: 23 g, 38 a, VS 1 g, 7 a
    Williams: 21 g, 37 a, VS 1 g, 1 a
    Lang: 20 g, 42 a, VS 3 g, 3 a
    Lidstrom: 16 g, 64 a, VS 1 g, 1a

So, aside from everyone's least favorite Wing, apparently Datsyuk, who else didn't "Bring it"?
    Shanny
    Lidstrom
    Samuellson
    Williams
    Homer

Who played well? Lang and Zetterberg.

Okay, if someone scores 20 goals in 82 games, then they are at a one goal every 4 games average, which means that Shanny should be at a goal every other game average.

Up yours Shannahan!

I've thought this guy was a classless lump of poo ever since he used his players option to come back to the Wings at a pre-determined (pre-salary cap) amount of money. And it was way too much. More than he could have gotten anywhere else.

So all of you whining about Datsyuk: Up yours too!

Our #1 goal scorer should have been more than one step from invisible. Franzen scored 1 goal too, and Malbty doubled Shanny's goal output.

Up yours Shanny! I hope I never see you in the red and white again!
  10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

The president's cup is the sorriest trophy in sports history! Reward the best team for what? The regular seasonmeans nothing to me anymore. I will never post on a regular season game as long as I live. As far as regular season hockey on TV, the Wings just killed it. How can u sell the regular season when no game really matters? This team is so aggrevating that they could not even respect their legendary Captain enuf to hold a 2 goal lead in the final 15:00. If the pistons werent contenders right now, the city would have burned the JLA and Hockeytown DOWN!!! Damn it...Damn it..Damn it..We could have been the city on the map of winter sports Champions!!! What a choke job by Legace! Shoot him out of his misery! Long live the king..the king is dead!!...killme

kill me...

kill me....

i feel like Bob Geldof as Pink in that toilet stall at the end of "THe Wall" before the song "Crazy" is played!!!!!

kill me...

goodbye cruel world, its over...walk on by"
  11. roscoe36

I love you.
  12. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

U have to get rid of three Wings...WHO GOES?

1. Shannahan
    2. Legace
    3. Williams
  13. Superstarov

Who goes? Shanny for sure. He will be asking for too much money, and coaches get hypnotized by how well he played in the past, so they'll continue to play him, ala Brett Hull.

Legace? I don't know if we need to get rid of him. But we need a #1, and Legace isn't it. He was forced into the number 1 spot because of the CBA. He's the best back-up in the league.

Williams? No. He's young, and his best hockey is still ahead of him. But I do think he shouldn't be playing the point on the Power Play.

Here's who's under contract next year.

Pavel Datsyuk $3.9 million
    Robert Lang $3.8 million
    Mathieu Schneider $3.3 million
    Henrik Zetterberg $2.65 million
    Kris Draper $2.128 million
    Kirk Maltby $1.406 million
    Jiri Fischer $1.387 million
    Tomas Holmstrom $1.368 million
    Mikael Samuelsson $1.2 million
    Niklas Kronwall $990,000
    Cory Cross $893,000

Also, sorry Micro, I read that Lilja is in negotiations.

So we need Lidstrom, Williams, Lebda, and Franzen back.

Maybe Cleary. Maybe Draper. Maybe Legace.

I also think Chelios is still worth a contract, the guy is a genetic freak.

We've got some good prospects coming in next year.

MacLean should be there. Hudler should be up. Kopecky? Filppula? Kindl?

Goalies? We have Howard and MacDonald. We also have a Swedish goalie Stefan Liv.

Next year should be time for Igor Grigorenko too.

We'll see. I think Holland needs to retool this team. And he's got cap flex room now, and who wouldn't want to play for the Wings?
  14. roscoe36

Chellie is not so much a freak, as he has an insane offseason conditioning regimen that keeps him in the best possible shape. He's legendary for his physical training.

Sorry I dumped on Dats, I know he is your boy, but if I have to watch him go scoreless in next year's playoffs, I will probably have a canipshun fit and end up in an asylum.

He had the stones to ask for a big money deal, and he played Russian Roulette with the franchise. Money talks and bull walks. Micro don't like that.

Shanny can go to hell, and there is no way I re-sign Lidstrom for more than $5 million a year. Lilja is a complete bum.

This team needs a makeover. They simply are not built for playoff hockey. The goaltending is soft, the players are even softer. I watched all series to see a big hit from Detroit and it never came. They are simply not physical enough to compete when the stakes are high. All of that puck possession is wasted because they are terribly slow and passive.
  15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

It's hard for me to go off on Shanny since we didn't win anything until he got here. Lidstrom/ Shanny = Nasty/Stack [deal wise]
  16. Superstarov

Well, this may be unpopular, but I don't give a crap...
    In recent years, we haven't won a cup without Fedorov either.
  17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Feddy was here for '02? Any way he's gone, we've moved on with out him.
  18. Superstarov

19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

If I had to lose 3:
    SY
    Lidstrom
    Drapes
  20. Superstarov

I'll say:
    Wooley
    Shanny
    Legace
    Osgood

And I might say that with a touch of "good ridance" under my breath to a few of them.

Draper is under contract.

We should see some new blood anyhow.

I mean, new to the league, not new to the NHL.