1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

2007-08 ALL NBA Teams

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LA Dre, May 8, 2008.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

NBA.com: MVP Kobe Bryant Highlights All-NBA First Team

No Pistons on the 2nd or 3rd team this year despite the TEAM having the second best record. No big deal though as CB, Sheed, Rip and Tay got a couple of votes

2007-08 ALL-NBA FIRST TEAM
    PositionPlayer, Team (1st Team Votes) PointsForwardKevin Garnett, Boston (118) 612ForwardLeBron James, Cleveland (117)610CenterDwight Howard, Orlando (86)546Guard Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers (127)635Guard Chris Paul, New Orleans (124)629
    2007-08 ALL-NBA SECOND TEAM
    PositionPlayer, Team (1st Team Votes)PointsForwardDirk Nowitzki, Dallas (1)189ForwardTim Duncan, San Antonio (25)397CenterAmaré Stoudemire, Phoenix (30)412GuardSteve Nash, Phoenix (2)311GuardDeron Williams, Utah228
    2007-08 ALL-NBA THIRD TEAM
    PositionPlayer, Team (1st Team Votes)PointsForwardCarlos Boozer, Utah174ForwardPaul Pierce, Boston (2)151CenterYao Ming, Houston (2)71GuardTracy McGrady, Houston (1)137GuardManu Ginobili, San Antonio123
    Other players receiving votes, with point totals (first team votes in parentheses): Allen Iverson, Denver, 116; Carmelo Anthony, Denver, 89; Marcus Camby, Denver, 59; Chauncey Billups, Detroit, 38; Baron Davis, Golden State, 32; David West, New Orleans, 24; Rasheed Wallace, Detroit 22

2. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

No AI on any of those three NBA teams eh? Wow. I thought he had a nice season. He plays practically 48 minutes every game. He plays the 1 and the 2 position, did journeyman's work at the point alot of the season when all the Denver point guards were injured and before Carter came. Also wasn't he the #3 or #4 scorer in the league? That ought to count for something.

And don't tell me it's because he's a selfish ball player and doesn't make his teammates better. His assists numbers were nice and steady. He steals and gives the ball to his boys all the time. The West was very tough this year. Denver won a ton of games and many of them against impressive opponents. In the East they would have been the #4 seed.

Oh well...who cares. It's just an individual accomplishment award. There are some really excellent guards on those three teams and he did get a good amount of votes.

Still I can comfort myself with the knowledge that Allen Iverson's jersey outsells most of the names in there. In fact, I'm sure I heard it announced that #3 Philly and #3 Denver are the highest selling jerseys.

GO A.I.!!!

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think these teams really speak to the level of talent in the NBA today.

There is a lot.

Btw, it is good when Pistons do not win individual awards. Their heads tend to inflate in that circumstance.

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yep, winning the Ring four years and the head swelling still hasn't come for a couple of them....:sssh:

5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

With no Pistons in the top 15 of the NBA, it just speaks to how Joe D has assembled this group as a team with no superstars (now that Darko is gone). When the Pistons play both ends of the floor as a team, they are fun to watch. When they don't, well, it can get ugly....