2007-08 general league thread (non-Pistons)

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dumars4Ever, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Let's use this thread as a place for general topics that don't fit into other threads. In particular, other games we're watching that don't involve the Pistons.

Right now, I'm watching the Bulls down double digits at home in the 4th quarter of what could be an ugly loss to the Sixers.
  2. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Any loss to the Sixers is an ugly loss. LOL
  3. buddahfan

A double 20 for KG tonight in the Celtics win

:hoops:
  4. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Sixers won by 11, in spite of committing 20 turnovers. They outrebounded the Bulls by a pretty stunning margin, 55-36. Maybe all the Kobe trade talk has gotten into their heads, though maybe they're just slow starters. They had that terrible start last year before recovering for a solid season.
  5. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Wow, how much weight did Andrew Bynum lose this off-season? He looks majorly slimmed down.
  6. buddahfan

He is a lot stronger this year.

7. buddahfan

Big Ben 8 points and 9 boards total in two games in over 60 minutes.

Joe's move not to offer Big Ben enough to keep him in Detroit is starting to look better by the month.

8. linwood

linwood All-Star

I watched the last part of the Celtics/Wizards game. The big three in Boston looked pretty good. Rajon Rondo had a nice game as well.
  9. buddahfan

They also played a lot of minutes. Those minutes will catch up with them.

10. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Sigh. You know something? I get it. You are glad Joe didn't pay Ben and that Ben left. I really get it. Ad infinitum.
  11. buddahfan

I don't think you get it. Sorry.

I am glad that Joe didn't pay Big Ben the money he wanted. I would have loved Big Ben to stay for a lot less money which is what I now think his deteriorating skills are worth.

12. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

OMG. Atlanta beats Dallas? Yeah. And the Lakers are absolutely destroying Phoenix, who can't hit a 3 pointer? Yeah. The Bulls lose and look like they aren't playing defense? That too. I'm in an upside-down-inside-out basketball world today. Happily our Pistons look pretty good. Then again...don't we always look like world beaters in the regular season? Please let's just...pace ourselves. LOL.

Chris Rock has a hysterical routine that blames all the inner city crime on the media. I'll take a page from his argument and say that Dallas, Phoenix and Chicago all have "playoff contender" hangovers caused by the relentless eight months of hype last year. They all look like they have a championship hangover but...they didn't win it! The Spurs did. Like Chris says "The media did it! It was the media!" who spoiled these teams with media darling status.

Staying under the media radar is a good thing.
  13. buddahfan

Bynum had a nice game 22 minutes 14 points and 13 boards and most of it was not in garbage time.

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Minnesota almost beat Denver too.

The crappy teams seem more competitive this year.
  15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I watched the Warriors/clippers game and a couple standout performances there. Chris Kaman taking advantage of the sidelined Brand was a monster in the middle scoring 26 points and grabbing 18 boards. This was despite sitting in the locker room for 10 minutes in third quarter getting 3 stitches in over his eye. He could have easily exceeded a 30/20 if he had not been cut down briefly.

Although Baron Davis almost had a triple double with 22-8-11, he was a non factor in the 4th qtr and shot a horrid 33% from the floor going 8/24.

The bright star for nellys defenseless dudes was Kelenna Azibuike who scored 33 points on 12/17 shooting from the floor. I quickly checked the free agent wire in the AdV league only to find that 16 Mile had him on his team:messer:.

Good opening night home victory for the Clips, but I know by the time the local 11:20PM sports show comes on it will be all about the Laker victory over the Suns...:eyebrows: and the Clippers will get an oh by the way.....
  16. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Yeah the Bulls lost, and it clearly looks like they have been affected by the Kobe trade talks even though Chicago management is now saying that nothing is going to happen. Atlanta beat Dallas - another surprise. But Dallas started our slow last year and that didn't deter them from finishing pretty high in the standings.
  17. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I sure hope they hold off the trade until at least December so that my wife and a couple friend of ours can go see Kobe play in Salt Lake City on Nov 30th. It would be a huge thrill to see the Kobester in person, who I consider the best basketball player alive right now, morals and fan rivalry aside.
  18. buddahfan

If Kobe goes to Chicago he will become the main man in the locker room, not Big Ben. This could be affecting Big Ben's slow start who has been the main locker room guy and team leader for a number of years now both on the Pistons and the Bulls.

19. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

The Bulls laid another egg tonight, losing 78-72 at Milwaukee. I only saw the last 5 minutes or so, but just from the score you can tell it was an ugly game. They were down double digits near the end and almost rallied thanks to some atrocious Bucks defense, but they couldn't get over the hump.

Bulls do get their next three at home, including against the Pistons next Thursday, but then they go on their annual circus road trip for six straight games. They look pretty crappy so far.
  20. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I don't want Kobe in Chicago. The Pistons can easily beat the Bulls the way they are right now. Sheed can handle Ben, Tyrus, and Noah. Dice and J Max will help him as well. As far as I see Tayshaun might be better than Luol Deng if he keeps up his offensive agression. Rip and Chauncey will light up the Bulls backcourt too. Kobe in Chicago would make the Bulls a real threat. Even if they give up a lot to get him the Bulls would have the best scorer in the league and heck of a defensive duo.