2007-08 general league thread (non-Pistons)

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dumars4Ever, Nov 2, 2007.

1. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    That was funny. Shaq didn't even look upset or anything.
  2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

<<<<Radar>>>>

New Orleans Hornets​
  3. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

The NBA all star dunk contest.

I am still waiting to see what I consider the ultimate dunk

Player goes to the rack and intentionally throws it down off of the back of the rim. The ball goes straight up and and comes down before the player who dunks it while still elevated from the first dunk.

Okay I will settle for them dunking the ball on their second jump as it comes down from the rafters.

:pound::pound:

:hoops:
  4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

This BOS/Den game is one the worst officiated games i've seen in awhile.
  5. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

since LBJ and Meanie Greenies lost, is our loss to orl lot easier to swallow
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

One thing for certain the, Celtics did not quit, like some guys we know that hang out at the palace. But the refs did try to help them out by giving them that bogus three in the end via a odd angle three pointer that would have been called even short by Stevie Wonder.

Celtics league leading defense was throttled for 124 points as they lose their first game to a western conference foe. Camby almost had a triple-double falling short with only NINE blocks......

meanwhile Lakers lead Hawks 73-37 at halftime??? Who said Kobe's hand was hurting as he and Gasol have 19 and 17 points respectively.... Yeah we beat them a couple of weeks ago, but anybody think we were lucky that Gasol wasn't with them. Question to Joe? if we get there, can we beat this years Lakers???
  7. buddahfan

I think the announcer on the Indiana Purdue game tonight was Burnt Hamburger.

He mentioned tomorrow's Laker's - Sun's game that they are having on ESPN.

Then he said and I am not kidding. "It is the best interests of the league that the Celtics, Lakers and Suns have the best teams in the league".

I think he just threw the Suns in to promote tomorrows game.

Pretty amazing that he would be so blunt about what I have been claiming for years. But then for those who were around when the Celtics and Lakers were both at the top of heap in the 80s I am sure that they are not surprised that Hamburger would say it so brazenly during a live game that he was announcing now that the Lakers and Celtics are back at the top of heap.

8. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

..from a business standpoint he probably has a point. The Celtics and Lakers are easily the most prolific teams in the history of the NBA in my opinion. The amount of tradition and legacy in those two franchises is mind blowing. The Suns reference was obviously just a plug for the game like you mentioned.

All that being said...

I still don't think that I've seen any significant evidence that proves that the league is really doing anything to give these teams a sizeable advantage. I think the fact that the Celts have not really been championship calibur since the 80's is an indicator that favortism is either not prevelant or ineffective. In the end, both scenarios are probably not worth the time investigating.
  9. buddahfan

The Celtics lost last night but if you saw the game or read the reports it was clear that the officials did all they could to get the Celtics the win.

Our game against Orlando last night was also poorly officiated particularly in the 2d and 3rd quarter according to the FREEP game report. This is the second game in a row against Orlando that we have gotten the short end of the officiating stick.

We will have a tough time getting to the ECF this year. Only Stuckey and AJ can save us, but right now the writing appears pretty set on the wall.

Celtics get to finals, big money for NBA
    Superman and Magic get to Finals - Great story line but not as good as Celtics
    The King and Cavs get to the Finals - Great story last year but in America yesterday's story is old news. The Superman in the Finals story is better.
    Pistons get to the Finals. - No one outside of Michigan is interested.

The odds are very long for us.

Joe D. needs to change the team makeup over the summer and find a superstar that the media will love. It is a game of superstars and that is what sells and after all money is the final decider.

10. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

The Spurs won the championship last year and have won it more than any other club in the past 6 years or so.
  11. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I didn't see the game, but this recap says that aside from one bad call at the end, the Nuggets probably benefitted from the officiating, which George Karl even sort of admitted to:

12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

The Kidd-less Nets beat CHI

The Kidd-Mavs get blownout by the Hornets. CP goes off for 31. He must love going against Kidd and Nash. :)

Shaq looks not very good. Kobe looks fantastic. Go LAL! why? i don't know LOL
  13. buddahfan

Grant Hill looks like an all-star.

Lakers really miss Bynum's strength and bulk underneath.

14. LA Dre

That's the NBA for you...the Bulls had 8 players in double figures (not including Ben) and still lost to the Nets.

CPaul just proved that he is possibly better than Jkidd and the Hornets are better than the retooled Mavs..at least tonight anyway....
  15. buddahfan

Bad debut for Shaq.

He knocked out Bell with an elbow to Bell's head at a crucial stage in the 4th. After that the Lakers opened it up and won going away.

Bell later walked to the locker room with a bump on his head the size of an apple.

16. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

I wouldn't say that about the Lakers winning going away. Pulled it out in the last 20 secs. Shaq did what he does best and the Suns looked good letting him. But it looks like Fillup has his team setup the way he needed it to be now.
  17. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Imagine when Bynum gets back. :eek: The West (and possibly the title) is theirs unless the Spurs start to kick major ass when TP comes back, and KT starts playing. Even then Jackson has owned Popovich for quite some time so it might be useless.
  18. LA Dre

I see the Lakers everyday and I hate say it but if we meet them in the finals, we get beat this time...unless Kobe or Gasol go down and/or Bynum doesn't come back...

Their bench is more seasoned than ours and their inside game is much better as they know how to use the paint. gasol may not be that good defensively, but he lives in the paint and made 13 of 19 buckets from there tonight. To put it in perspective, the lakers scored 66 points in last nights game vs the Hawks and 56 tonight vs the Suns, both wins. (oh by the way we scored 26 in the paint vbs the magic last night and 24 tonight vs the Bucs. ....losses)

I only bring this up because we have problems stopping teams from scoring in the paint. Why couldn't Joe have grabbed kirk thomas for primo and Jr???
  19. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Um...you do not know what dumars has been trying...No trade doesn't mean that dumars was golfing...It takes at least two to have a sex...
  20. buddahfan

When Bynum returns this Lakers team has the potential to be the best Lakers team since Showtime.