2007-08 general league thread (non-Pistons)

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dumars4Ever, Nov 2, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

OMG, look at that box score from Bosh

40 points, 14-16 shooting, 1-1 from 3-point land, 11-11 from the free throw line. 5 rebounds. 5 assists. A steal and a block.

40 points and only missing 2 shots all night, including FT's??? How often does that happen?
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Two teams with the best records in the NBA, Celtics and Pistons lose back to back games to open the second season. Once again the Celtics played it all the way to the end, but Baron Davis hits a fall away walkoff bucket to win the game (witn .03 on the clock) for the Warriors who played without their other top scorer Stephen Jackson.

Two teams that were the epitomy of league with the 1st and second best records and also the first and second best defense both give up over 100 points on consecutive nights and lose both games. Looks like the Celtics have finally come down to earth....They have Suns on Friday and the Blazers on Sunday and Clippers on Monday before retuning home next Wednesday to face the Cavs....
  4. LA Dre

If we had got that line and effort from just one of our players last night vs the magic maybe we could have eeked out a victory....
  5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

They're doing it on purpose. Celts don't want to play ORL, and we don't want to play CLE. It's alot easier to coordinate our losses rather than wins. The Pistons are doing fantastic on their part, BOS is having a little more trouble losing b/c the officials are keeping them in the game, but when it's all said and done i think it will work out. Gotta keep a 3 game distance or so, so the league doesn't get suspicious. :sssh:
  6. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Losing on purpose? Nah, I don't think so.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Anybody know if the traded players will be in uniform tonight? Ben Wallace, Juan Dixon, etc?
  8. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Yao. He's good. He's very good.
  9. LA Dre

Dixon in uniform and scores a 3 pointer with less than 40 seconds for Pistons. Bulls and Cavs traded players did not dress.

Cavs eek out a 1 point win with two D leagers, damon jones and superjames...

James hits two FTs with 6.9 seconds left...which is why you never go into a final minute of any game with the cavs and the point differential is less that 3 points.....Its King James time
  10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

BOS needs to stop losing.

and seeing Ben sitting in the box in CLE made me really irritated.
  11. raxrets

raxrets Starter

very strange night: lbj wins, playing alone, clippers buries utah, seattle kills portland, atlanta banishes GSW into hell and finally phoenix keeps healthy bos under 80...halloween?
  12. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I didn't see any of the Boston-Phoenix game last night, and I'm glad I didn't. From the recap and boxscore, it looks like it was almost unwatchable. Both teams had 20 or more turnovers, and they also had only 14 assists...yikes!
  13. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

For 2 straight games now, Nash has less than 10 asst. Nash normally has more asst in a game alone during the Pre Shaq era. Don't know if it is good or bad for the Suns.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's b/c they are scroring 20 points less. It was cool seeing the Suns play a grind-it-out game. They have given up on the free-wheel attack strategy.
  15. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Man, I thought that game was great. The turnovers didn't bother me that much, because it was just so different for the Suns to play that way. The matchup between Amare and KG was intense! Lots of effort to play D by the Suns. This is one of those games where the numbers don't tell you much about the viewing value of the game. The Celtics perimeter defense looks formidable to me. I thought it was highly entertaining and exciting. I'd be happy to see a best of 7 of this matchup down the line.Of course, I would prefer our Pistons were in the Finals.

On another note, how upsetting it is to me that I will have to watch LeBron's Cavs if I want to follow Ben's continuing path through the NBA. I adore, adore, adore Big Ben no matter how he is playing or where. But the Cavs? Oh God, I am truly a LeBron hater and never watch anything he is in. This is a sad development in my Big Ben fandom for sure. I mean I can't watch LeBron with his little cute Jay-z hand signal. (By the way, Chris Rock does this little triangle hand symbol too. I mean is everyone a Jay-Z lackey?) What does that hand sign mean anyway? If anyone knows let me know. Maybe if it's not too repellant (repellant would be that it means that anyone who does it enough is destined to become a global corporate icon with the help of Jay-Z's cult) I could understand. But LeBron skipping around the court in the playoffs with his triangle hand sign...gimme a break.

Anyway that Boston/Phoenix game rocked IMO. Very physical. KG looking like a dirty player several times. Talking trash to Amare the whole game. Too much.
  16. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

A very good Hornet team ran into Ginobili and the Spurs at the AT&T Center in SA, resulting in the reality - you must come through the Spurs if you want to come out of the west.

If the Spurs remain healthy, they will represent the west in the Finals.....................Period.
  17. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

KG has never stop trash talking ever since he join the league. And doubt that he ever will.
  18. LA Dre

New players provided dividends right away for cavs, as they blow out the Grizz by 20. Ben gets a double-double , Joe Smith scores 14, Wally Z scores 10, Delonte West shot poorly, but handded out 6 dimes
  19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

It's the Roc-A-Fella symbol used to represent "The Dynasty". Jay created the sign on his release of his Dynasty CD, and now it's the world-wide hand sign to show allegiance to the R-O-C and Jigga.
  20. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Did anybody watch this game? If so, how did Ben look?

I tried to, saw him in a Cavs jersey, slapping hand w/ Lebron, felt like i was going to throw up, and promptly changed the channel. :)