2007-08 general league thread (non-Pistons)

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dumars4Ever, Nov 2, 2007.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

He can say attack the basket, and if they don't listen he can say it again, and again, etc.

This same group attacked the basket, and got easy scores way more under LB. If it's what their comfortable with, it's Flip's job to break the habit. Also my problem with the offense goes way beyond that (ISO's ball movement) lack of penetration.

Kinda OT to the thread though so i'll stop talking about it.
  2. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Actually, scoring droughts with LB were very common, ussually good D saved their ass. (And this good D gave to Stern a reason to ban handchecking.), OT but couldn't resist to answer. :sssh:
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Two teams at the top of the topsy turvy West both lose today. Suns rejuvenate themselves and keep Kerr and the big Cactus off the hotseat for at least one more day by defeating the Spurs on a nice 14-2 run to close out with the win. 36 year OLD Shaq had possibly his best game with 14 pts and 16 boards with Muhammad Ali and Republican presidential nominee John McClain and his trophy wife in attendance cheering them on. Hometown resident Charles Barkley was probably in da house too.. two losses in a row for the defending chumps!

Lakers Sunday night crowd went home disappointed as the ever confident Lakers had no defensive answer in the 4th qtr for the upstart Kings, who didn't even have Artest in the lineup the last 7 minutes. On the other end the Lakers weren't able to give the ball to Kobie either in crunch time, but he did take the final shot that clanged off the rim. Gasol is good scoring in the paint, but Mikki Moore and rookie Spencer Hawes just punished him in the paint on the defensive in and Beno Udrih was the spark leading the Kings with 25 pts and 10 assists. the Kings shot 55% from the floor and were the first team this season to shoot over 50% vs the lakers at Staples.

Kobe now has 13 techs and if he is getting close to the magic # 16 of sitting out a game. This will not bode well down the stretch when every game is a must for all of top nine teams in the west.
  4. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

D-Wade is out for the rest of the season to get treatment on his still ailing left knee. The Pistons have two more games left against the now even more hapless Heat.
  5. LA Dre

Riley priming his team to assure that they have best percentage of balls to get the # 1 pick in the draft. Poor Shawn Marion, the only fun he will have the rest of the season is hanging out on South Beach since I believe he is single.

I am not sure about his contract, but does he stick around for next season to play with a healthy wade and #1 pick or does he test free agency if he is indeed a FA?
  6. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

What's that? Shawn's finally got his chance to show the world what a grade-A superstar he is!

He is the #1 option. He has a team to support him. And he will be taking them to the playoffs.

:rolleyes:
  7. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Oh I'm so glad you mentioned this lpgrl. I recorded that game but haven't had time to watch it yet, and then watched DEN lose to them tonight. I only watched the 4th quarter tonight and it was way more than I could stomach. I don't care how good the Spurs are, I still detest them. LOL. I make it a point to never watch any of their games because I get so upset when they win against anybody.

I'm really only following our beloved Pistons and my one "affair" team Denver this year. So I knew I'd have to watch a few Spurs games, but I usually record them and then ONLY watch the game later if the Spurs lose.

I love when the big three are sitting on the bench looking miserable and despairing. I had no idea how much ill will I was capable of until the Pistons/Spurs
    rivalry hit me the year after the Championship.

P.S. Yeah, I know all about the defensive similiarities in our teams, half-court, older starting players, etc. That doesn't matter to me. I want Duncan to have the "deer in the headlights look", Ginobili to look very serious and long-suffering and TP to look lost. That's as good as it gets for me with the Spurs. LOL.
  8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I know how you feel LOL. I still get a kick out of watching them lose. I don't hate them (or at least i think i don't), but there must be some repressed anger or something. I think they're dirty, and TP and TD just bother me. I even dislike Bonner.

I can't really bring myself to dislike Ginnobli b/c half the time he looks like he has no idea what's going on, and besides the flopping i think he's extremely talented.

I really want to see them if we make the finals. I feel like we could beat them. The Pistons revert back to the LB Pistons when we play them. And Sheed goes off. It's refreshing.

On a side note; Bulls kicking UTAH's behind. They got Thabo back. He's like their Afflalo. All he's gotta do is play 5+ min and they win.
  9. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Don't know if anyone caught this but I kinda thought it was funny; Our boy Smush Parker finally got bought out by Miami yesterday. ...Just in time to be ineligible for the playoffs.

Kind of a jackass move by Riley but I like it!
  10. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Have to think that agents and players notice that sort of thing and will go into the thought process when deciding whether to sign a contract with such a jerk (may have been a good coach one time, but wouldn't want him near my team anymore), compared to how Joe treats players I'll pick Joe 10/10 times as my GM.
  11. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

That thought occurred to me as well round. ...which is one of the reasons that I like it (screw Riley/Miami).
    ...Another reason that I like it is that while Parker certainly isn't top tear talent, he probably could have helped Cleveland or another playoff bound team looking for a serviceable back-up PG.
    ...And yet another reason that I like it is the fact that Smush has been a bit of a jerk the last couple of years. I tend to root against jerks.
  12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Parker is pretty bad. But then, even Juan Dixon found a team. :)
  13. LA Dre

The Clippers sign 'Smush" today. No he won't play in any playoff games, but he gets a free ride back to the LA (Clippers played in Orlando and Miami their last two games) and he gets to hang out with all the beautiful people at the Staples Center again...

So don't feel sorry for him. He hung out at South Beach for awhile and now will hang out at Vence beach for the rest of the spring. Talking bout getting paid for nothing....
  14. LA Dre

Its good night in the NBA when the Lakers and Celtics lose on the same night and then add to that, the defending champ Spurs fall too. Lakers money in the bank guy Pau Gasol went down in the first qtr and won't be available on Sunday to stop the Rockets win streak. The Hornets moved to a half game of the lakers and Rockets for the top spot in the west with the 10 point win over the Lakers.

The Celtics 10 game streak was halted by the Jazz on their home court as Ray Allen slipped on the court in the first qrt did not return, but it was the Celtics defense that did not return to the floor in the 4th qtr and gave up 31 pts after holding the Jazz to only 17 in the third.

The Sixers continued to impress coming back from an 18 pt deficit and putting up 40 big ones on the Bullls in the 4th and won by 4.
  15. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

How the hell did the Denver Nuggets score 168 pts in regulation. Did Seattle play thinking it was an All Star Game (no D)?

Marcus Camby has a triple double in 26 minutes of action.

Denver shot 60% in the game.

16 3's.

8 players in double figures.

44 assts.

Like what CB would say, 'It's crazy, MAN'.

NBA.com: Supersonics at Nuggets Game Info
  16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

The Sonics looked like they were in shock. I feel bad for them. All that losing has got to be taking a toll, and now this.

I wonder how much they'll put up against us. Hopefully, they wasted it all.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Seattle squeezed off 6 more shots and had 32 free throws (only 3 less than Denver) and they lose by 52 points? That is weird.

74 points off the bench for Denver!

This hurts Seattle's defensive points allowed per game stat by almost a point per game.
  18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

:rofl: :D

Alex English, eat your heart out!
  19. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

You know all this regular season stats do not matter in postseason...

wait...they do not play in the postseason? Then this stats is even more meaningless!

Maybe it belongs to 'meaningless stats-or-something like' thread? (there was one)
  20. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Hey, HOW 'BOUT DEM CHICAGO CELTICS!!! If that isn't the weirdest look for the Bulls uniforms!