2007-08 general league thread (non-Pistons)

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dumars4Ever, Nov 2, 2007.

1. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Yeah they wore them last year too. Maybe I'm missing something but is St. Patrick's Day really a big enough deal that you design special uni's for it? I thought St. Patricks Day was just about getting drunk and not remembering what you did the next morning? :sssh:No? Apparently not. Those unis are really really wierd though.
  2. linwood

linwood All-Star

St. Pat's is a pretty big deal in Chicago. They even dye the Chicago River green!

[​IMG]
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That's true. Lot's of Irish on the South Side.
  4. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Looks like it's true colors came out----toxic waste.
  5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

So BOS came back from 20 something down and has taken the lead (last time i checked) against the Spurs and i don't think Ray Allen is playing.

Scary.
  6. linwood

linwood All-Star

Looks like old man Cassell may be a good pickup for the Celtics. 17 points and 5 rebounds off the bench, filling in nicely for an injured Ray Allen.
  7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Yup, he's still got it. Hit a huge three that was essentially the game winner.
  8. raxrets

raxrets Starter

Pleas to not tell again that this was meaningless game for spurs( as it was used as an excuse why pistons won): add some "meaningless" losses to spurs and they are out of PO-s.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Anybody notice how Chris Paul's ankle was suddenly a non issue today? And we thought Kander was good.

Equal press coverage here. Delfino went 0-3 with 1 rebound and 4 fouls in 17 minutes.

Other former Pistons news:
    Darko with a weak double double.
    Nazr with an average night off the bench.
    Flip Murray with a nice night at the starting PG spot. 14 points, 4 assists, and +14.
    Big Ben not having his best night. 2 points, 4 rebounds, 3 fouls while getting torched by Orlando's bigs (72 points by the starting SF, PF, and C for the Magic).
    Mo Evans = 10 points. Not much else.

I'm not going to include Joe Smith here. Gotta draw the line somewhere.
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Anybody think that we are not giving Orlando any credit??

After trailing the Cavs by 5 at halftime, the Magic blew by them in the second half outscoring them by 19 and took down the Cavs tonight 104-90.

The magic have won 5 in a row and 8 of 10. In other words they are keeping up with the top 2 in the east stretching their conference lead over the Cavs by 6.5 games. (thank you), and only 4.5 behind us.

All this about the west and the Rockets, but no one has mentioned that the top 3 teams in the East have won a combined 24 of their last 30 games.
  11. LA Dre

Four straight losses for the Spurs and they were healthy tonight. They could be a tought first round match up and could be seventh seed favored to win in the first round. :sssh:
  12. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

the question is: how much gas he has in the tank. C Web had a good
    influence on last year's Piston's team. but he could not finish.

13. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

didn't watch the boston game live but was following it online and seemed that cassell was taking most the shots down the stretch.... one game ok.... but notice how many assists he had (if i recall right he had none), i just think when allen comes back there's going to be some chemistry issues..

Just to many ballers and not enough balls. Cassell's comments about just being a role player to get the ball to the big 3 sure didn't last long. LOL

Be interesting to see how it goes.... and it doesn't matter as a win anyways because you know SA doesn't try to win games in the regular season.... or does it matter when its not against detroit?
  14. LA Dre

Still much will be made of the Celtics tonight if they blow out the streaking Rockets. I am sure a nationwide poll would love the Rockets to win this one.
  15. round

I'm really torn on how i want this one to go.... part of me wants boston to keep getting hyped more and more... but on the other hand i want to see them spanked at every chance...... lol
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The best case scenario is some sort of brawl where the game doesn't officially get completed and Stern spends the rest of the year punishing them with suspensions and ridiculous calls.
  17. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I say the Rockets will blow the Celtics out for win # 23..........you heard it here first!!!!!!!
  18. LA Dre

Well I'm glad that you didn't predict a Pistons blowout or we would have lost one tonight:)

The Celtic defense was just to much for the rockets..The C's are for real even with out Ray Allen. They wouldn't allow Tmaac to shoot and (11 shots) and the Rockets made Leon Powe a star tonight. To make sure there was no comeback, Doc leaves KG in there until less than a minute and a half left in the game even though they were up by 20+ and Tmac and Battier sat at the 5 min mark.??? Just his luck that a scrub didn't take him out.....

Tell me which TNT commentator was more in love with the Celtics, Kevin Harlan or Doug Collins? At one point I expected Tommy Heinson to come on and sing more praises/ Did we get this much praise when we had the best record in 2005-2006?

How bout the Heat, finally won a game on the road over the sad sack Bucs

Mavs still have not beaten an above .500 team since da kidd showed up as they lose to the Gasoless Lakers at home....
  19. round

not that i really cared who won the game.... but i sure think the celtics are playing at such a high level are they going to be able to take it higher in the playoffs....

i mean come on... did you see garnett going in for the dunk with 2 mins left up by over 20 and acting like he just scored the winning bucket in game 7.... (show some class guys and sit the guys.... houston had already pulled there one starter)

karma will come due.... maybe not the pistons but somebody is going to bring them down.... HARD
  20. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I'm going over hill and dale (actually driving, riding a ferry, and more driving) to see the Phoenix Suns play the Sonics tonight. I just couldn't chance it that I might not have another opportunity to see some of these teams live when the Sonics leave. Linwood, we'll have to be carpooling to Portland to see our Pistons maybe as soon as next season. It's very sad. And inconvenient too.

Anyway I'm really psyched to see Steve Nash play live and I though I would share it with you guys. I don't have much orange or purple clothing but Bill Simmons says that if you start wearing fan colors and merchandise of another team, you are committing fan bigamy. So I'll just be a casual internet fan tonight I guess.Except when I stand up and yell "Stevie!" every time he does anything that borders on the heroic. I like when he starts hitting those threes when the team is in trouble. Just like clockwork.