2007-08 general league thread (non-Pistons)

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dumars4Ever, Nov 2, 2007.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Once again the Mavs fail to beat a team with a winning record and pretty much sealed their fate as a first round casualty again IMO . This time however they will be a 6 or 7 seed. The Celtics do what no other team has done since the Kings did it 2001 and that is do the Texas three step with wins over the Spurs, Rockets and Mavs. Believe it or not those Celtics are pretty good:)

The Lakers have taken two straight victories over the Mavs and jazz and now are 2-2 since Gasol went down. They ended the Jazz 19 game home winning streak by streaking to a 24 point lead before half of the Jazz fans had taken their first sip of beer.

It was said that David Stern was estatic that his two favorite teams are both at the top of their respective conferences and headed for a certain date with ratings destiny in mid June. If the Lakers can win with both their 7 footers sidelined, what will they be like when both are in the lineup??

Sterns final four dream matchups would be Celtics beating Cavs in ECF and Lakers beating Suns in WCF. Although the Cavs and Suns may not get there due to seeding matchups, the refs and NBA media folks will there best to assure that the Laker/Celtic rematch of 1987 is rejuvenated
  2. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Geez, that is a depressing scenario. Now it seems like they are both very good basketball teams and I shouldn't begrudge them their success. But both of those teams have won enough Championships, I don't care how long ago it was. I'm still planning on it being us in the ECF and maybe even the Finals. But if it can't be us, I like to spread the wealth and avoid this whole dynasty thing, even if its from 20 years or even ten years ago. Lakers? HELL NO! Celtics...maybe, but only for Garnett to get his ring.

If it ends up those two I won't watch a single game of it. I didn't watch a single game of LeBrons and Dastardy Spurs either. I really hold a grudge. LOL.

GO PISTONS!!!!
  3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

The Cavs fall to MIL. Ben Wallace didn't play; don't know why.

Maybe he will only play against us from now on. :gun1:

NOH runs away from BOS. That's 2 (or is 3) 15+ point leads lost by the celts. 2-1 in those games.
  4. LA Dre

Ben sat out yesterdays game too vs the Raptors, but the Cavs won that one at home.. The reason he sat out yesterday was due to back spasms, so probably the same tonight too.

Certain players just like to play vs some teams no matter what the pain is.
    Chris Kaman missed five straight games before the playing the Pistons on 3/1 and has not played a game since.... I think Ray Allen missed a couple of games prior to the first Piston meeting, but was right there for tip off.
  5. LA Dre

The Hornets were able to slow down the Celtics 113-106 after Boston had taken down the Texas Threesome earlier in the week. Chris Paul must have had Ray Allen over to his place the night before and fed him some of his crazy juice as Allen was the only starter who shot below 60% and he had two TO's in crunch time as well as missed 3 three pointers down the stretch.

As far as the Celtics go, if you can score above 95 on them, you can probably beat the. In 8 of their 14 losses they have given up over 100 points and in two others they gave up 95 and 96. The Pistons have only averaged 83.3 vs the C's in their three meetings this season and managed to beat them once., but will need to score more in the playoffs IMO to beat this defensive bunch in a series. Any low scoring affair is going to favor the C's ....(per Stern Directive):stirthepot:
  6. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

To be fair to the Celts, they did play great 'D' in that 3 games at Texas, especially in the 4th quarter. And that's how you win playoff basketball.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Down goes Dirk. That didn't look good.

high ankle sprain maybe? Lucky his knee didn't tear.

That looks like an injury that will be with him into the playoffs.
  8. LA Dre

Dallas will be first round casualty whether Dirk is able to recover or not. They have not beaten a winning team since Kidd showed up. Looks like they gave away to much??
  9. LA Dre

Lakers fall behind by 26 to the Warriors at the start of the 3rd qtr and came all the way back to briefly take the lead with less than 6 minutes in the game. But alas they ran of gas, despite Kobe's 36 pts and 14 brds and Odom's 19 pts and 22 boards. Steven Jackson hit 6 three pointers including 2 in the last 45 seconds to secure the victory.

Both teams scored 44 points in the paint, and both teams hoisted an average of 26 three pointers. The Lakers grabbed 60 rebounds and lost probably due to their 18 TO's.

The Laker radio announcers as well as the call in fans were very critical of the loss... I felt I was listening to a live version of the Pistons forum after one our losses...:)
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Ouch. :P lol
  11. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

maybe this is proof that sometimes fans can get a little too attached / excited about a player just because they are on their home team:

:.. ReSignPrimoz(dot)com ..:
  12. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Primoz anecdotes are pretty good.
  13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I was on the Wiz board just randomly trying to see if there was any update on when Arena's would be back and they have a thread called

"The Amazingly Sucky Juan Dixon Thread", and it like over 100 pages LOL. I don't even recall him playing for them, but then again i only watched him play in TOR.
  14. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Dixon is from Baltimore, and he's the all-time leading scorer at the U. of Maryland, plus he led them to the NCAA title in '02. He was drafted by the Wizards in the first round, basically as a "favorite son," but he kinda sucked for them in the few years he played there. Dixon to the Wizards was more or less like Mateen Cleaves was to the Pistons--a local guy his whole life, a big star in college in the same area, led his team to the NCAA title--except Dixon sucked less in the NBA (Mateen couldn't even stay in the league).
  15. LA Dre

16. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Thanks, Dre. I thought that analogy might help explain why Wizards fans would be inclined to spend so much time and effort discussing someone who hasn't been a significant player in the league.

Anyone who showed up here without knowing about the 2003 draft might wonder why a certain Serbian 7 footer gets so much attention in these parts!
  17. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Makes sense. I didn't bother reading through it. The length scared me.
  18. LA Dre

19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

The Bulls come back form 17 down to beat the Cavs. I don't know if it's Ben no longer being on the Bulls or my intense hatred for all things cavs, but my Bulls/Ben Gordon love has come back. Thabo Sefalosha is awesome defensively, and Noah played well.

Meaningless win, but good game for them.
  20. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

it seems cleveland only plays us tough anymore... really ever game i catch of cleveland they look terrible... just like there record shows they should be, they only seem to get up to play against us... and for the most part we don't see them worthy of being a rival lol