2007-08 general league thread (non-Pistons)

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dumars4Ever, Nov 2, 2007.

1. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Which was expected in my opinion...

I'm sure it didn't take much to sway players on how good the team would be.

What most people have missed is that they have become a terror defensively. Its not just the offensive output from the big 3. This team can really defend and excel in transition as well as half court defense.
  2. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

People make mistakes. So far I will admit that I did not think that the Celtics would dominate their opponents by this much, even early on.

Big people admit their mistakes. Those who throw them in their face, even it is a rather gentle toss.....

The season is a long one and my main argument against this Celtics team has always been that they are not deep enough and that with one significant injury to any of their Big Three, but mainly Allen will cause a precipitous fall off in their level of play. That along with their lack of skilled depth will be telling by the time May rolls around.

So lets just wait and see. 5 games does not a season make.

Have a nice day.

:hoops:
  3. buddahfan

As long as Big Ben is playing and starting for the Bulls, the Bulls will get up for the Pistons.

Other than that I think that on top of Big Ben's injury the team is not too happy with all this Kobe trade stuff and may be laying down on management because of it.

:hoops:
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Solid game from the Grizz tonight with Darko and Gasol both playing well together for the first time.

ESPN - Houston vs. Memphis Recap, November 13, 2007

5. buddahfan

Bynum continues to put up double doubles, night in and night out in only 25 minutes a game. 11 points and 12 rebounds last night. Still averaging a double double on the year and shooting almost 60% from the field.

Another Cato. I think not. Another Shaq. Maybe, though I am not sure that he is as tough as Shaq. But then again Bynum just turned 20 and he is already as good a rebounder as Shaq ever was. The most rebounds per 40 minutes that Shaq ever averaged was 14.6 and Bynum is averaging 17 rebounds per 40 minutes this year.

He along with some help from Brown held Mr. Fundamental to only 5 points last night.
  6. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Chicago is in trouble according to slamonline. The article has quite a few good points. The writer also got on Big Ben's case. Anyhow, I agree with the author in most points.

SLAM ONLINE | » The Running (Over) of the Bulls

7. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

That's a pretty good article. Still, as rough as things are for the Bulls right now, at least they're not the Heat. Despite Wade's return last night, they still lost at home to the winless Sonics, and by a wide margin. A healthier Wade will obviously make them somewhat better, but they really look brutal. It almost looks like they could miss the playoffs even if Wade and Shaq manage to stay healthy for the whole season, which we know is highly unlikely in Shaq's case. Shaq's decline over the last couple of seasons seems to be continuing pretty rapidly.
  8. mikhail1973

Shaq is turning into an aging Alonzo, but less athletic and not nearly as good of a defender. He doesn't scare the defenses anymore. He can't produce for the entire game.
  9. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Shaq's inability to produce for an entire game was already apparent last season, but it seems to have gotten even worse now.
  10. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Exit sparring session...enter basketball talk.

Boston, in my opinion has been the best looking team in the East so far and I don't think they've even scratched the surface yet as it pertains to soldifying team chemistry. I think the key is that they are all unselfish players who play completely different styles of basketball unlike pairing Melo with AI. There defense has been spectacular and Doc has done a great job of integrating the pieces. Can't wait to see how they stack up against our boys. Should be a great matchup!
  11. mikhail1973

Up Close With Mehmet Okur - HOOPSWORLD | NBA News, Rumors and Information

12. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

2nd quarter of Hornets-Grizzlies now, and Juan Carlos Navarro is going all Microwave for Memphis: 5-5 on threes off the bench!
  13. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Watching the Raptors-Pacers game. Make sure you check out sportscenter or whatever. Anthony Parker nailed a shot from 3/4 court at the end of the 3rd Q.
  14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

BOS has now played a good defensive team. They looked very beatable.
  15. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I only caught the last couple of minutes of the Boston-Miami game. Celtics were up double digits but somehow blew the entire lead and almost lost. They committed all sorts of bonehead plays in the last couple of minutes, and Wade had a chance to win it on the last shot but missed.

Meanwhile, the Grizzlies just hit three 3s in the last 13 seconds to send their game to OT!
  16. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Wow, Portland was up 17 going into the 4th quarter in Philly but choked it away and lost.

Big win for Cleveland at home tonight over Utah, with Lebron going for 40.
  17. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

The Nets, sans Vince Carter, are somehow down only 10 at home to Miami at halftime, despite having committed 20 turnovers (!!) in the first half!

[SARCASM] Dlev's annual pick to win the East[/SARCASM] looks good again. :pound:
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Ben Wallace is back!

9 points, 13 rebounds, 1 assist, 6 steals, 3 blocks. +17 on the night.

Although Kamen was 10-17 with 21 points.
  19. detteam

detteam All-Star

I was happy to see his numbers a little while ago. The only unsurprising bummer was to discover he went 1 for 5 at the line. Some things will never change.
  20. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Looks like Wade is back to form

4-17,and 15-20 FT'S :rolleyes: