2007-08 general league thread (non-Pistons)

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dumars4Ever, Nov 2, 2007.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The most similar player I could find was Antonio McDyess.

Per 40 this year:

12.7 pts/ 10.3 reb/ 2.0 ast/ 1.1 stl/ 0.1 blk @ 58%

2. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Yeah, that's Dyess after all the years in the league and horrific injuries. Just proves the point that Brown is nowhere near the 1st pick.

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Don't forget that Dyess is a member of the best starting five in the NBA.

Also, when you play with Kobe, you pick up the scraps.

4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Are you saying that McDyess is a fifth wheel?
    :stirthepot:
    :pound:

5. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

The Bulls players that played with Michael also picked up the scraps, but those scraps had a bunch of rings inside the boxes.

:hoops:

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He's like training wheels on a Formula One car.

7. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

News Flash: The Best Starting Five in the NBA as it was commonly referred to by sports announcers, PTI, ESPN and the national sports media referred specifically to:

Chauncey Billups
    Rip Hamilton
    Tayshaun Prince
    Rasheed Wallace
    Ben Wallace

2004, 2005, 2006

Nazr, CWebb and Dice are not in this elite company. Which is why I continue to refer to our starters as the Best Starting Four. I notice the phrase hasn't caught on.

The Larry Brown Pistons were the best. Even 2006, they still had it residually.

8. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

ESPN just announced that the Lakers made a trade...but, not involving Kobe. They got Trevor Ariza from Orlando in exchange for Brian Cook and Mo Evans.

9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Brian Cook sucks.

10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What a blockbuster. Mo Evans will put the Magic over the top. This changes the balance in the NBA.

11. buddahfan

Actually, this is a very good trade for the Lakers. They dumped two guys whose idea of defense is to wear deodorant for an athletic player with above average defensive skills and decent enough offensive skills.

This trade will definitely add a couple of wins to their total for the year. Will it be good enough to get to the NBA Finals? Stay tuned.

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Was this Cyber Monday or Black Monday?? Most of the favorites lose tonight to teams that only hope they may make the playoffs.

Knicks beat Jazz 113-109?? How come Pistons can't beat the jazz?? Starbury was better than Billups vs Deron?

T-Wolves beat the Hornets 103-94, for only their second win of the season

Wizards beat Mavs in Dallas 110-98 with no Arenas in the line-up

Kings beat Spurs 112-98 handing San Antonio only it's third loss of the season, despite Kevin Martin (the 4th leading scored in NBA) being held to just 10 pts

Warriors beat Suns 129-114 as Steven Jackson, Baron Davis and Monta Ellis combined for 90 points !!! The Warriors have won 6 of 7 since their melt down to the Pistons, and the return of badboy Steven Jackson could be the principle reason.

If only the Celtics had played tonight, they may have fallen too..

13. buddahfan

Oh really?

We are almost a month into the season and the Celtics still haven't.

1. Won on the road against a team with a winning record.
    2. Won against any of the top contending teams at home or on the road.

The only top tier team that have beaten is Denver, at home. I would not consider Denver a serious contender in the West, though they are a good team.

I like the Cavs tonight, straight up, vs the Celtics.

14. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Prophetic. Nice call Buddah!

15. buddahfan

I also like the Heat against the Celtics on Friday, down in Miami.

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I just noticed that JJ Redick doesn't have a point or rebound yet this year.

I think he's been having back trouble or something, but he didn't get any burn last year either.

This guys was the 11th pick and never sees the court. I gotta say though, that there aren't too many guys drafted behind him in 2006 that are doing much. It seems to me that with a couple exceptions, they really nailed the top 10 that year. Maybe Orlando should have gone with Rondo or Farmar.

NBA.com: 2006 Draft Board

Check Samb was a steal at #51.

It is interesting to see that the Lakers ended up with Ariza by combining Mo Evans + Cook.

17. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Well I just hate all the commentating tonight and Ernie and Charles and Kenny..I hate everyone piling on with glee at the embarrassing loss the Knicks took from the Celtics. I mean let's get real...what did they expect to happen? Isn't that why they chose it as one of their games to show? The media is so sickening. Reggie Miller who I liked the first year of his TNT now is just unsufferably full of himself.

Everyone is speculating the date, the hour, the moment that Isiah will be fired. It's all too sickening. I've had my mute button on for the last quarter so that I don't throw anything at my tv.

I actually think the national sports media might be meaner and more arrogant than the national news media and that's saying alot.

The beloved Celtics didn't have to run up that score either, did they? A really classy gesture for the new and improved "unselfish" franchise? Well maybe someone somewhere will have a kind word for the Knicks who DID try out there tonight. Or as least not believe that artificial storyline that "not a single Knick made any effort, they all quit on their coach, etc etc." I'm sorry but I saw Nate Robinson play hard, David Lee, Renaldo Balkman and a few others.They might not have played well, but they didn't not try. Of course we have to have these simplistic story lines because it would be too much work for someone like Reggie Miller who know the game to point out the players who were playing hard etc.

It's all disgusting. I hope Isiah doesn't lose his job sooner just because of some media idiots. I don't know, maybe he should lose it but practically throwing confetti with joy over the loss and the prospect of a coach's firing is just plain unseemly. (unless it was Flip of course:))

18. LA Dre

It was indeed an embarrasing game for TNT to showcase, but who knew?? Well we kind of thought it may be like this but we didn't know that the Knick players would just go out and quit on Isaiah on national TV. If this was another team in another city, it would stll be bad, but this is NYC, the [STRIKE]Rotten[/STRIKE], I mean Big Apple and fans/media which are already calling for his hide will be asking for his soul and first born (Joshua?) by tomorrow.

IMO, I think Zeke should just quit like his players are doing and abandon and this sinking ship. He must have a lot of pride to put up with NYFan and this BS even though he brought some of it on himself. Let big mouth Reggie go coach them and see what he can do. :) Meanwhile what big man can we pry from that roster to help us get over the hump...???

19. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

All I can say about the Knicks is wow. I have never seen a team quit like that before. Zeke I hope you are making a call to Joe tonight about who we want on the Pistons (cough kevin and danny cough cough):stirthepot:

20. LA Dre

yeah zeke how bout trading a couple of studs to your friend Joe before you [strike]leave [/strike] get kicked out of the Gahden...you can have Flip, Nazr, Dupree and give us Zack's 18 and 12 or maybe Curry or Crawford. Sure each of them may have some issues now, but that should fix it self once they put on a Piston Jersey. Joe will give you a job scouting in Europe and you hide over there until the heat in NYC dies down...:pound: