1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

2007 draft lottery

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LA Dre, May 22, 2007.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/new/blog_entry/siegels_take_nba_draft_point_guard_analysis40813

2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Go curse!

Seriously though , does Portland really need another young guy for Zack to corrupt? Seems like some clever trading out there could build a good team pretty fast.

3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
  4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I love the unpredictability of the lottery. I don't think this system could be any better. To be in the bottom 3 records in the league, you HAVE to be tanking. I'm glad they all got bumped.

All of the good picks are going to teams that need help. If you have the 2nd worst record in the league with Paul Pierce on your team, then you gotta look in the mirror.

6. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

I agree. While I was at the gym this morning I caught Stephen A. Smith on ESPN saying that the top two picks going to the Pacific Northwest is a "catastrophe" for the NBA. No, Stephen, the catastrophe is that the teams you think are entitled to get the best players are run by a bunch of bozos.

If you hate the Celtics as much as I do this Bill Simmons column will fill your heart with an evil sort of glee. :icon_evil:

7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Rumor now and then, was that both Memphis and Boston tanked games to get the two worst records and now that both fall to 4th and 5th in the lottery the local fans in each city are calling foul and wanting to have the lottery process revisited.

Memphis doesn't have coach or a GM, so maybe our resident experts #1, Darth or Motown Pride should apply for the position. :) The question now is, what do they you do with Gasol.

Memphis Commercial Appeal - Memphis' Source for News and Information: Grizzlies

In beantown, Doc is given an extenstion in hopes providing some guidance to Oden or Durant, but with the results of the draft, Pierce is a question mark and Danny Ainge may have to come up with some creative thinking.

The Green Room - Celtics fan diaries - Boston.com

Can’t win for losing: C’s go from bad to worse, drawing 5th pick in draft - Boston Celtics - BostonHerald.com

To bad Joe doesn't have the delimma of getting a 4 or 5 pick and being upset.

In other news Roy Hibbert has withdrawn his name from the draft and has decided to stay in school. That means one less person draft wise that the Pistons may miss out on since him getting out of it means somebody else moves up the ladder into the lottery slots.

8. Slippy

I followed Mike Miller on Fantasy basketball and I always marveled at how this team could blow double digit leads and come short all the time. It was embarassing. I can only hope that they planned to tank and were not simply a bunch of chokers and jokers.

As for Darth helming Memphis: I don't know if there are enough WW gems out there to grind out a winning season. He don't draft so well.

9. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

This lottery only hurts the NBA promotions wise. Hard to watch two new stars when their home games start around 10:00 pm..........

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The league will automatically approve any trades involving the Blazers or Sonics if it means moving that # 1 or #2 pick back east where they can be showcased in prime time.

11. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I don't think it's the time zone. The league's ratings sure were hurting when Kobe and Shaq were teaming up in the Pacific time zone, right? If people want to come straight out and admit that superstar talents in (relatively) small markets are some sort of catastrophe for the league, then they should own up to it. It's not about the time zone.

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Why does college bball get such good ratings?

13. detteam

detteam All-Star

Because most of it is east of the Mississippi? Can't cater to overpaid prima donas? :tape:

14. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Because of the season ending N.I.T.

15. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

Those cheap-azz Boston tankers deserve everything they get.

Randolph and a future first rounder to the Bulls for their #9, Ben Gordon, and PJ Brown sign and trade. That works for both teams.

16. Slippy

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

So we are going to draft another guy named Rodney + Darko lite?

Oh well, sounds good.

18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Was just thinking today, after seeing Portland GM Kevin Pritchard on PTI yesterday that taking Oden #1 makes sense for the Blazers, and the Sonics would be none the poorer for ending up with Durant.

The Blazers have already invested high picks in Brandon Roy and Martell Webster. A large defensive center could be a real asset to Zach Randolph.

But here is where things look good for Seattle. They've got pretty good big man depth and a pending free agent in Rashard Lewis. Durant projects to be a 2/3/4 but more of a forward. That allows them to field a lineup of

Ridnour
    Allen
    Durant
    Wilcox
    Swift

Yeah, the same Robert Swift who showed a lot of promise before he was injured last season. The Sonics have been stockpiling big men with upside and between Saer Sene, Swift and Johan Petro, you have to think at least one of them will pan out to be a decent NBA starter.

19. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

Swift was just killing folks before he tore his knee up. I though that he was about to make a big leap. If Swift is back from the ACL, then the Sonics are in the playoff hunt.

20. Slippy