2007 FIBA Tournament of the Americas

Discussion in 'Other Hoops Talk' started by Dumars4Ever, Aug 22, 2007.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Scola was traded to Houston. San Antonio was worried that if they signed him, he and Tim Duncan might develop a Darko/Howard type of negative dichotomy. :MusicBigGrin:
  2. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I sure hope someone is reading this thread right now. For the love of God, I cannot find the FIBA games that are on right now on my three tv's at my dogsitting job. I hate this about dogsitting. All these crazy tv systems with about a million different remotes and if you hit the wrong button, it locks you out.

Anyway, who is carrying these Finals Games? I wanted to watch the last game because I've noticed that I don't dislike LeTravel and Kobe and even Mike KXDGHDKAKLJGI as much when they are on the team I am rooting for, instead of against. It's a real healing phenomenon. LOL.

Please someone if you have DirectTV who is the cable provider for this USA/Argentina game today? And isn't it like....right now? AARGH!!!

Thanks. AARGH!!!
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Kim it is on NBA TV right now via my Direct TV...USA up 35-14 at the end of 1.
  4. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Woo hoo LA Dre thanks for responding so quickly. It is as I suspected. It must be only on NBA TV. The dogsitting client doesn't pay for that channel. I guess I'll have to start giving a discount to clients who are willing to pay the extra $5 for the sports package.

So I guess I'll have to miss this one. If I wanted to be a total idiot I could watch it in one of eight windows on the Direct TV Sports Mix. But I'm not that desperate. I haven't really been following it much as I have been on two months of dogsitting gigs with various and sundry tv arrangements and worse random and foreign computer arrangments. I finally bought a boombox and bunch of new cd's so now my entertainment hours are back under my control!

Enjoy the game everyone. I was hoping to drop my distaste for Coach KZ down a few notches by watching the USA get a nice win.

It's a shame about Nene. I really like that player alot. I hope his injury doesn't set him back too far for the regular season. Anyone know how serious it was?
  5. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

LA Dre I found it!!! I called up Direct TV and gave them a hard time. It turned out to be on Fox Sports Northwest too. I knew someone other than NBA TV had to be covering this game. So I've got it on the upstairs tv. On the downside, I think I hit the wrong button on the remote on their HDTV so I've got a blank screen. LOL.

Tay looks pretty good out there. Howard looks massive. It's so wierd to want Kobe to do well. LOL. And LeTravel seems almost tolerable when he is relaxed and not carrying the weight of the Cavs and his own legacy on his shoulders. Not biting his nails as much for sure. I've a resolution to watch more of Kidd this upcoming season. Carmelo looks primo and I do hope everyone will drop the Carmella thing soon. He's very strong, athletic and smart player I think. Chauncey, I don't know...I just don't know about Chauncey. Pressure, team or individually experienced, doesn't seem to help his game much these days.

GO USA!!!
  6. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Now I'm really depressed. San Antonio got less than we got for Delfino. Couldn't Joe have offered something to Scola? After watching him play in FIBA, he'd be great on this team. Can play the 3 or 4. Money inside of 15 feet.

As for the game, Lebron has J, scary. Kobe is Kobe. Tay is well, unfortunately still Tay. Dwight has the most insane inside game I've seen since young Shaq, maybe better, but he is completely useless more than 5 feet from the rim. This US team could beat the original dream team, man I'd love to see Jordan in his prime go one on one with Kobe. My money on Kobe.

Scola will win rookie of the year, unless the fix is in for the top two picks. Delfino showed great passes, rebounding, jump shots, and some dumb a--- drives to lane. Scoop shot infront of Dwight Howard? Huh? He's lucky Dwight didn't break his arm on the block.
  7. max

max All-Star

US wins the Gold - :winner_first_h4h:

Argentina gets Silver and PR wins Bronze in a close game over Brazil.

So US and Argentina get an automatic invite to the 08 Olympics.
  8. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Ok, so how does this work?

This same FIBA USA Team is the same team that will compete in the `08 Olympics?

If so, what happens if a player changes their mind about competeing? Or can they change their minds?

Also, what happens if a current player can`t compete in the Olympics, because of injury, personal problems etc......?
  9. max

max All-Star

As far as I know they re-select every year. I would imagine since these guys were busting their butts for the auto-pass that they would be given 1st choice.
  10. Maverick

Maverick First Round Draft Pick

yes.. As far as I know.. everyone will be back with perhaps the exception of Mike Miller.. he had a bad tournament overall.. there are 2 players that are most likely going to get slotted in if anyone leaves.. Bosh and Wade.

I believe that
    LBJ
    Melo
    Dwight
    Amare
    Kidd
    Kobe
    Redd
    Chauncey
    Tayshaun

are pretty much locks for the team with Mike Miller,Tyson Chandler and Deron Williams being the 3 that might be decided between to get Bosh and Wade onto the team.
  11. max

max All-Star

Depends a lot on who wants to come back and what Star now wants to play. Someone like Wade can steal a spot from someone. It may not hurt to add another big.

Overall the current team should be given 1st choice.
  12. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

It wouldn't surprise me if Durant made the Olympic roster, especially if he puts up big numbers in Oklahoma City, oops I mean Seattle?

:hoops:
  13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Mike Miller, Tayshaun, Tyson Chandler, and Chauncey are on the ropes as far as the olympics go.

Mike Miller will most likely go because he shot poorly during the tournament.

Tyson Chandler is not in as bad as a position as Miller, but Bosh could easily take his spot.

Tayshaun got boards and played defense, but his shot was inconsistent.

Chauncey slowed tempo at the right times and was a good distributor, but his shot was also very inconsistent.
  14. linwood

linwood All-Star

I'm not sure Coach K is as concerned about having 12 shooters as Flip Saunders is. There may be room for someone or two who can distribute, get boards, and play defense.