2007 NFL Season Talk

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by jammertime, Sep 18, 2007.

1. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

OK, here's what I could find. This is from Sportsnetwork.com

The Sports Network - National Football League

Interesting take. Do you guys agree with the writer that Williamson's career in Minny is over?
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I don't know but if you don't have vacation pay you can't collect vacation pay. Or sick pay. Too bad he couldn't scheldule better.
  3. coynejeremy

ESPN - Report: Winless Dolphins to start rookie QB Beck - NFL

Love the move, seeing as how Beck is also from BYU. I met him (at church, no less) a little before the draft and also saw him a few times after, and he is a really mature, well-grounded guy. I am looking forward to seeing him succeed in Miami. It's pretty much a no-lose situatio for him - very low expectations, no pressure to come out and be an instant success, so he has time to develop. Here's to a great second half for Beck and the Dolphins!
  4. coynejeremy

ESPN - Report: Winless Dolphins to start rookie QB Beck - NFL

Love the move, seeing as how Beck is also from BYU. I met him (at church, no less) a little before the draft and also saw him a few times after, and he is a really mature, well-grounded guy. I am looking forward to seeing him succeed in Miami. It's pretty much a no-lose situation for him - very low expectations, no pressure to come out and be an instant success, so he has time to develop. Here's to a great second half for Beck and the Dolphins. Here's PF.com's newest Dolphins fan!
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

dolphins going 0-16 the year the Pats go perfect.
    sooo karmic.
    nice run doll fan
  6. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

WOW what a Monday night game.

New England's perfect season continues.

It went down to the last play of the game. A hail mary pass to win the game is caught at the 2 yard line but Baltimore couldn't get into the end zone. The Ravens gave this game away, but give New England credit. They found a way to win it in the end. That's what winners do.
  7. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Just win baby...win...:gun1:
  8. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Wow, what a crazy finish. I don't know what the Patriots were thinking on that 4th and 1 where the Ravens stopped them but had it waved off because their defensive coordinator had called timeout. The Pats had gotten out of bounds on the previous play, so there was no need to rush anything, but for some reason Brady lined up quickly and tried to sneak it through. Then they got another big break on the defensive holding when the next 4th down pass was incomplete. But it would have been pretty bad if the Ravens had scored on that last hail mary; there were two instances of incredibly blatant offensive pass interference by the same receiver on the play, but neither of them were called!
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Looks like it was a crazy game...I just saw the ESPN 4 minute wrap-up of the game and even though I didn't know who had won when I tuned into it, I just knew that the Pats would pull it out. that is three weeks in a row that they have been living on the edge..you know it is going to catch with them soon...
  10. jammertime

Agreed, but they only have to hold out for 4 more weeks.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I was totally surpised that NE didn't onside kick from the 35 yard line. Why wouldn't they?

Worst case scenario is that it goes 10 yards and they don't recover it. In that case, Balt gets it at the 25 vs. the 20. It really wasn't a stretch to think that Balt could get in FG range with 45 seconds left.

Also frustrating was seeing the Ravens throw to the middle of the field on the first play and then not use a time out. The next play, they throw to the middle of the field again and use their last timeout (they would have had one more if they wouldn't have burned it on defense on that critical 4th down play). Then, only needing about 25 yards, they try to go deep and throw incomplete. That leaves them with the hail mary as the only option, and that was not really an option because the QB couldn't throw that far.

Maybe the cold weather was affecting their brains.
  12. jammertime

I was thinking the exact same thing when I was watching it. If it goes well and they recover, the game is over. If it doesn't, the Ravens get a maximum of 5 extra yards out of the deal.

I thought the risk was low given the potential gain.
  13. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

The Patriots might have decided against it because the Ravens only needed to get within FG range. If NE had been up by 4 or more, 5 yards here or there wouldn't matter in the last minute, but for a FG it could make a difference. It's true that Baltimore starting from the 25 wouldn't have been much riskier than from the 20, but that slight extra risk was probably about the same as the slight chance of NE recovering an onside kick.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If they were worried about a fg, then they should have kicked one of those little pop-ups and pinned them in at about the 10 yard line.

If the Pats were up by 35 points, then they would have on-side kicked it, that much I do know.
  15. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Yeah, that much is pretty obvious. :pound:
  16. jammertime

Pats win to continue their perfect season.

Miami is in OT with Baltimore looking to end their 0-for season.

Stay tuned...
  17. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Wow, dramatic win for the Dolphins to avoid infamy. Stover misses a 44-yarder in OT, and then the Dolphins get a 64 yard TD pass on their first series following that.

WTF was Billick thinking not running one more play in regulation? They completed a first down pass inside the 1 and got out of bounds with 12 seconds left, down by 3. No timeouts left, so I guess it's too risky to call a run, but why not throw one more pass? Plenty of time for the QB to try to find someone before throwing it away if no one's open, even with a bit of scrambling. Instead, he went for the FG without taking another shot at the end zone. He was barking at some of the players as they came off the field, apparently because they were mad at not getting another shot at the end zone. They, uh...had that one right.
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Damn those Fins...
  19. jammertime

Wow, the Green Bay vs Bears game is U.G.L.Y.!

An example of the ugliness, the Packers punter has 4 punts for a total of 50 yards. :puke:
  20. jammertime

The Bears' running back Adrian Peterson has 22 rushes in the first HALF. By comparison, Kevin Jones has 24 rushes in the past 3 weeks combined.