2007 PF.com Fantasy Football Talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by jammertime, Aug 21, 2007.

1. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Now that the draft is behind us, let the trash talking begin!

I'm curious to hear how everyone thinks they did in the draft. Picks you like, picks you wish you hadn't made, guys you wanted but just missed on, who you thought had the best draft, who had the worst, etc.

Let's hear it!
  2. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Only one I regret is picking 2 top WR's that are off the same week.
  3. jammertime

That happened to me last year. In fact, they were from the same team. I drafted Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin. But for me, it was a no brainer. They were by far the best 2 players available at the time.
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I think your team should rule the roost, Jammer. Good job.

I liked getting Westbrook with a late #1 and Bush with an early #2, considering my late pick.

Gates is a safe bet at T.E.

I just missed on Leinart and had to settle for Rothlisberger and Alex Smith.

Glenn was a sentimental choice, but I didn't know he was hurt.

I like getting Chicago's defense even though I had to reach a bit, I would do it again.

Overall, I think my team will finish in about 8th or 9th place. Course...I'll talk smack regardless!!!

Crayton and Peterson might turn out to be sleepers for me.

My football teams always are injury prone, anyhow. lol.
  5. jammertime

Having the 1st pick in the draft sure helps.

I think there are pros and cons to having the #1 pick. It's awesome to get the first pick, but it's also a long way to go before picking again at #24. I really like getting 2 picks in a row though.

I've been in a number of live drafts now and have picked in all different positions. 1st, last, middle and everywhere in between. It's tough to say which spot I like best. Being last isn't all that bad either because you get the 12th and 13th picks (in a 12 team league - even better in a 10 team league).

What did you guys think about your draft positions? And if you've been in other live drafts, which draft position do you prefer?
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Who went 1-2-3?
  7. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was surprised that hardly anyone added any depth at RB. People were filling out their starting positions like DEF, TE and Kicker before taking RB3's who are NFL starters. All fine and good until you get an injury.

I didn't particularly like my draft position but thought I made the most of it. I like Parker and McGahee, but would have liked Addai more who was taken one spot ahead of me. But I have plenty of depth and talent at RB so I'm not too worried there.

I got a top 6 stud QB which was a goal of mine and thankfully I didn't have to reach for it which was a concern going in.

Got a couple of my favourite sleeper WR's in DJ Hackett and Brandon Marshall. I was again surprised by the rate WR's were disappearing off the board so early. I guess people wanted to make sure they were getting 3 good starters. But still, some were going waaaay too early IMO.

Ended up with Whitten at TE but I had no plans on taking a top TE where they were going in the 4th round.

Happy enough with my DEF and K considering where I got them. Those positions aren't championship winners (unless you got BAL or CHI). And Vinatieri in the 8th round? Humour me.

Other teams I think did well looking at whole squads, not just starters:
    Jammer (made the most of the #1 position)
    Footballers
    Dynamo
  8. Darth Tater

Tenth worked out ok. In sports other than football, I'm used to getting lucky with high picks.

I just looked at everyones picks and I didn't do that bad at all. I actually like Dynamo's team better than your Jammer, and I think winless did a nice job too.

Billups I think will struggle.

Other than that, it should be a good battle for the playoffs.

You & ookie got top picks and those are the two teams I play twice (uggh...Tomlinson and Larry Johnson).

You're going to be begging for M. Turner if Tomlinson misses a couple of games.
  9. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think being 1 or 2 in this draft was a big plus. It just seems to work out well in regards to where players fall. At 1 or 2 you get LT or SJax, then on the wrap-around a really solid RB2 like Jacobs or Thomas Jones, then you can either set yourself up with a Top 3 QB or Top 5 WR with your 3rd pick. Can't go wrong really.

I think drafting in the middle is quite tough. Especially 6-7-8 as there are question marks over the first round RB's in this area. You don't want a shaky RB in the 1st round.
  10. jammertime

#1 - LaDainian Tomlinson - Jammer
    #2 - Steven Jackson - Mikhail1973
    #3 - Larry Johnson - Ozarkruffrider
  11. jammertime

No you didn't. I was just looking at the rosters and you have a very solid team.

That's fine. You're entitled to be wrong.:MusicBigGrin:

I like Turner. I'd have taken him if he made his way back around to me again.
  12. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm happy with Peyton Manning at #4. The running back position is a current weakness, though. I picked 4 RBs (Portis, Lynch, Norwood, Morency), hoping 2 of them will step up.

I like my TE (Krumpler) and K (Wilkins). I think WR is sometimes a crap shoot, so I took 5 of them (S. Moss, Galloway, Stallworth, Jennings, Booker) hoping a few of them will produce. Jeff Garcia is a solid backup QB.

Overall, I like my team. I was too afraid to take a Lion. They do bad enough without me jinxing them.
  13. Darth Tater

Oh...he will. Somehow...he will. :heh::whistle:
  14. Darth Tater

Not me. I drafted RB's at #1,#2, #5 & #11. Normally, I grab them even higher though (like 1,2, 4 & 8 or something, but I was tired of having lousy receivers all the time).

I usually draft a QB early, but I always get burned, so I figured I'd take the scraps. lol.
  15. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nobody mentioned me, so I guess I'll have to do it myself.:)

I've drafted at the end every time (how did you fix that, Tater?). I like the 12-13 couplet each time.

Having never done football before, I have no idea how to play. I let the computer pick my first two picks and a couple later on.

I'm not crazy about Kitna, but I hope Martz has some good ideas. I've got Delomme as a backup.

I had trouble with the bye week and not having all the guys off at the same time. We'll see.

I never heard of the RBs that the computer picked with my first two picks. :pound::pound:
  16. Darth Tater

In my opinion, you did well Woody. Your first two running backs were solid choices.

From top to bottom your team looks good to me...but what do I know? :MusicBigGrin:
  17. jammertime

Darn Woody, nice pickup of Wes Welker. I had made a waiver claim for him right after our draft but because my team is soooooo much better than yours, Yahoo felt sorry for you and gave him to you instead.
    :MusicBigGrin::stirthepot:
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

The rosters look surprisingly even.
    Still wonder and will continue to wonder all season and the rest of my life how Jamm got to choose first?
  19. jammertime

Hahahaha it's like Citizen Kane, except instead of your last word being "Rosebud" it'll be "Jammer???...."

:pound:

You're right though, the rosters do look very even. I think 2nd place is definitely anyone's game. :stirthepot:
  20. jammertime

Thee, those are some nice moves. I had my eye on Chris Henry and Reuben Droughns.