2007 PF.com Fantasy Football Talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by jammertime, Aug 21, 2007.

1. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I absolutely agree. Having fun is what it's all about. It's a free league with no prizes. Just a little friendly competition amongst friends.

I was in a fantasy baseball league this year in which I finished dead last out of 12 teams. About half the league (the bottom half) quit about half way through the season. So I was losing to guys that hadn't set their lineups in months. Yet I still played out the season to the very last day. I set my roster every day and picked up FAs when I felt that they were an upgrade to my team. I had 0% chance of catching any of the playoff teams for the final month of the season.

But I had fun and like I said, I tried until the very last day. At the end of the season, the commissioner of the league PM'd me and said that I could be in any league that he ever had because I never gave up and I played fair.

[sarcasm]Nice to see[/sarcasm] that you took my last post to heart Thee. Feel free to PM me any time you want to forfeit your team.
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Faced with a must win situation, it looks like footballers is in position to knock off our corrupt commissioner. Looks like his Dad is going to win a crucial game against Webz tonight too.

TFD had a must win game against yours truly, but the Tater machine keeps rolling. Bezeach is trying to hand #1 his first loss of the year, but #1 has lots of guys yet to play. Looks like I may get the honor of knockng him off myself in the season finale three games from now...as well as in the Super Bowl.:stirthepot:

Oz having a nice game against winless, and old Woody may be going down.
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

trades are fair, the Wash. Generals folded into the Mich. Panthers it happens. And those losers I tied to guide still suck maximum suckage.
  4. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah, lucky week for Bill to play me - No Brady. I don't carry a backup QB, so my replacement, J.P Losman was expected to fill the void for 1 week. It didn't work out, but I thought he had a good matchup against a bad Miami team.

I also thought perhaps my stud RB's would be able to carry me this week, playing against suspect defenses, but they didn't step up at all which was very disappointing. My susper-sleeper-stud TE, Jason Witten only saw the ball twice for 12 yards this week; another break for Laimbs.

It's all but over but it looks like Peyton Manning is doing his best to help me out, throwing 3 INT's so far. If he has a scoreless night, a 2-TD effort from D.J Hackett tomorrow could steal the week. However, it's an unlikely scenario.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

LOL. Manning is up to 4 INT's. They better take him out of the game or I might back down below your score. If you look at the 6 guys on my bench, you will see 4 guys with byes and 2 guys injured, so luck wasn't completely on my side.
  6. webz

I wager Brady would outscore all your bye and injured guys combined! :stirthepot:
  7. Darth Tater

Uh oh...Adrian Peterson out at least one week.

Bill, tell your kid great anticipatory move picking up Chester Taylor last week before Peterson got hurt. Plus he gets to use him against me this week.

Tell him NOT to pick up Charlie Batch. I can't afford Rothelsberger (sp?) going down. :pound:

At least I have Reggie Bush in reserve. But he may have a slight concussion or something. Your kid just may defy the odds and tough schedule and make the playoffs.
  8. jammertime

Looks like someone wasn't using their handcuffs....
  9. Darth Tater

I use those for other kinds of fantasy stuff...not football. :eyebrows::MusicBigGrin:

I handcuffed Westbrook figuring he would be the one hurt...not Peterson. Handcuffing all of my running backs would have taken three roster spots. (Peterson, Bush, and Westbrook). I would hope Reggie Bush would outperform Taylor most weeks.

I've all but clinched a playoff berth at 8-2, but this may cost me a possible bye or the regular season title...which could hurt in the playoffs. But nothing much you can do about these things.

Hell, I had a bottom draft pick and my team is at/near the top anyhow. I've had a good season no matter what happens:)

Jammer, you know how you thanked me in hockey for blocking you from the goalies you wanted...I would like to thank you in return for forcing me to take Ben Rothelsberger.
  10. jammertime

You are most welcome my friend. :MusicBigGrin:
  11. BillLaimbeer

That was a great pick-up. I'm not sure what he knew.

He said he was going to pick up LT's backup this week....
  12. jammertime

NO! :gun1::gun1::gun1:

I mean, um... LT is the only RB on the Chargers. So, um, tell your son there is no backup to pickup. Then ban him from the computer until he's 21.

13. BillLaimbeer

Speaking of losing, I see one team in our league has lost 5 games in a row, including losses to both an old man and his 13-year old kid, as well as a 72-point loss this past week (138-66). I can't recall a team getting doubled before...
  14. webz

yeah well done laimbs. you did what you were supposed to do. dj hackett had a great game but was not enough.

brady is back for the rest of the year so don't think you guys can relax after one minor setback.
  15. Darth Tater

3 games left.

Here are the contenders and their remaining schedules.

Up for grabs are the 6 playoff spots and 2 bye positions.

Ookie 9-1 First place but only the 4th most points in the league. This guy has won a lot of ships. Remaining schedule: Jammer, Ozark & Darth. Two toughies on paper. Can he hold the lead?

Darth 8-2 Most points in the league and lots of ships here too. 8 game winning streak, but Peterson is out for the count...at least for a bit. Ouch. Remaining schedule: Footballers, Jammer, Ookie. Very tough schedule.

Jammer 7-3 Owns Tomlinson through corruption. Jammer always has tough teams. Remaining schedule is a BEOTCH! Ookie, Darth & Webz. That's as tough as it gets.

Webz 6-4 Another consistently great GM. The hard luck team in our league. Remaining games: Bup bup, footballers & Jammer. Not as bad as the earlier schedules but not easy. No easy wins there but no monsters either.

Lambs 6-4 Always fields competitive teams...but has the curse of the bridesmaid. Remaining schedule: Dynamo,winless, and Bezeach. Potential sweep for Lambs here.

Woody 5-5. Great hockey team, terrible baseball team, and mediocre football team. 3 losses in a row. He sure has been quiet lately. Too bad. Remaining schedule: Winless, Bezeach, Ozark. Woody could potentially win 3 in a row to storm into the playoffs.

Footballers 5-5 Huge win last week. Watch this tyke. He's a sneaky one. Was two strikeouts away from upsetting my studs in the baseball playoffs. Remaining schedule: Darth, Webz, Dynamo. Pretty tough.

BupBup 4-6 Once a strong contender now playoff hopes are on life support after a 5 game losing streak. Remaining schedule is not bad though...but he'll need a sweep. It will be tough to get by Webz. Webz, Dynamo, Winless.

So that's it. I don't think anyone with 3 wins or less will make it in, although they may still be mathematically alive with three depending on matchups.
  16. webz

Nice job Darth. This week will be very important.
  17. Darth Tater

I think my team is going to play really poorly today. I'm figuring on about 77 points. Just a gut.
  18. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

I got Brett Favre--I'm gonna OOki-ize him when I play him!
  19. Darth Tater

LOL. I was close...a couple minutes to go and I have 75.82. My butt got kicked.

But the interesting one is Jammer & Ookie. Ookie (AKA LUCKY Ookie) is up by .10 with a couple minutes left in the game. But Yahoo adjusts their stats at night and a tenth of a point could easily go the other way.
  20. Darth Tater

Nope, I got it right. 77.32 :)