2007 PF.com Fantasy Football Talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by jammertime, Aug 21, 2007.

1. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

.10 of a point. Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!?

I demand a recount! :gun1::gun1::gun1:
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

those hurt.
    mostly because you bench the wrong guy.
  3. jammertime

Good luck today Darth. May the best man (me) win.
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I pretty much realized my hopes were slim on Thursday. You had a good day and my only guy in the lineup didn't play. With Adrian Peterson and Reggie Bush most likely out today, I don't see how I can possibly catch you.

I think my guys will be back next week. Hopefully, I can get back on track at that point. I probably blew my bye shot, which I was hoping for because of some very poor upcoming matchups the first week of the playoffs. If I can somehow survive that, I like my chances.

I think the championship will be up for grabs. Of the 7 teams competing for the 6 spots it's hard to pick for or against any of them. Also, one injury can change everything...

Good luck to you too (meaning, I hope I miraculously win but that you don't get an injury):pound:
  5. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

How nice that Frank Gore decides to go for a season-high yardage when playing against me. Typical...

Looks like Brady is going to have to bail me out.

Meanwhile Fargas goes for 157 and a TD on my bench. Lovely.
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I reeled off 7 straight losses.
  7. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

8. Darth Tater

Kudos to the bottom feeders. Some big wins these last couple weeks. Good job playing the spoilers.

Hey, if Jammer had scored 2/10 of a point more two weeks ago he would be virtually tied with Ookie for first (and in first alone by the tiebreaker...points). Instead he is in 4th place.

My team...horrible these past two weeks. What a streaky team I have. But I'm not scoring. I could see a quick first round exit. Peterson won't be enough...

Three teams at 6-6 fighting for the last two spots. They all lost last week due to upsets.

TFD. You had a fast start, but I've seen it before. A team with incredible receivers wins the first few games & then goes in the dumps. I'm not sure why that happens.

My experience in fantasy football (3 previous years) always shows the best team wins. Webz...is it finally time to shed the bridesmaid garb. My bet is Jammer & Webz in the finals.

Good luck guys.
  9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That's a nice win Oz. Congrats!!
  10. webz

Big matchup this week Jammer. The winner will have a great shot at taking 2nd place and the bye week. The loser could potentially slip to 4th.

On paper this looks like it could be a slog for the ages. Yahoo is predicting less than 2 points in it, and scores in the 100+ area.

QB - Brady vs Hasselbeck
    Brady has been solid gold all season but he only registered 1 TD pass last week to make him look human. Have defenses now figured out how to keep him relatively quiet?

Hasselbeck has been strong the past few weeks but was that down to having a healthy D.J Hackett? Hackett is out for a couple of weeks, will it hurt him? (It hurts webz!)

WR - Holt, Marshall, Gage vs Driver, Johnson, Ginn Jr
    Holt has been fairly disappointing this season and having Bulger out this week does not help. Marshall has been a very nice suprise sleeper and is the number 1 option in Denver, while Gage, a WW pickup last week has become Young's favourite (but limited) throwing target.

Jammer rolls with Driver who has ammassed some very nice yardage recently but the touchdowns have been sparse. Johnson has only recently returned to action but has recorded at least 120 yards and a TD in 3 of 4 games this season. Ginn could be a difference maker this week with Miami's running game all but gone, they could be looking to throw.

RB - Parker, Fargas vs Tomlinson, James
    Parker has been somewhat disappointing because he has only scored 2 TD's all season, but he is 2nd only to Peterson in total rushing yards. Will the Bengals be a scoring day? His last TD came against them. A difficult decision to go with Fargas over every-week starter McGahee who has scored a TD in each of the last 6 games. But Willis goes against NE this week while Fargas plays a susceptible Denver run defense and scored a TD and 157 yards last week. Will the change pay off?

Jammer's boys are led by LT, who hasn't been the machine he was last season but last time he played KC in Week 4 he piled up 154 yards and a TD. You won't find a safer play. James' yardage hasn't been entirely spectacular but since Week 2 he has scored a TD every 'other' week. This week against CLE is his 'other' week. Expect a score.

TE - Witten vs Winslow
    The number 2 and 3 ranked TE's go at it this week. Compare their stats; Witten 750 and 6, Winslow 874 and 5. webz and Jammer will be looking elsewhere for an advantage this week as both are in line for a big day against their relative opponents.

K - Crosby vs Gostkowski
    2 top line kickers should pretty much cancel each other out here.

DEF - Steelers vs Packers
    This could be an interesting matchup. The Steelers D has been quite disappointing the 2 weeks prior to last weeks mud-fest and play a Bengals team that can definitely score.
    Meanwhile Jammer's Packers play a high octane offense in the Cowboys. With Favre and Romo going head to head, Jammer will not want this turning into a shootout.

Man the best man win!

PS - this is of course assuming you have finished setting your lineup Jammer. lol!
  11. jammertime

Great analysis Webz!

I had thought about picking up a defence just for this week, since I didn't like the Packer match-up against my Cowboys, but decided against it. Dance with the one that brought ya! I did just pick up Tampa as backup for the playoffs though, since I've been carrying an extra WR and Hester has been injured/ineffective for weeks.

Holmes has put up some nice numbers for me, but he has also missed 3 games, including this week's match-up and as you mentioned, Johnson has missed most of the season - 7 weeks total.

Best of luck mate! Hope you finish .10 points behind me!
  12. BillLaimbeer

I think you meant Cowboys defense for Jammer. I drafted the Packers in the 12th round and have kept them since. It turned out to be a great pick, since the Green Bay defense has been one of the most consistent D in the entire league.

As I looked back at my draft, more than half of my players (8 of 15) from draft day are now gone from my roster. How does that compare to other teams?
  13. Darth Tater

I just checked.

9 of 15 originals remain on my roster. Everyone gone was chosen eighth or lower.
  14. jammertime

4 of my originals have since been dropped. My 8th, 11th, 13th and 14th rounders.
  15. webz

Yep, my bad. Not much difference in analysis I would say though.

I've still got 10 of my original 15 including 9 of my first 10 picks. I thought I drafted pretty well at the time, and a couple of guys who were borderline at draft time have played very well (Witten, Marshall)
  16. BillLaimbeer

I decided to give my Packers Defense the week off. I didn't like the matchup playing at Dallas. The Cowboys have put up 27 points already in the 2nd quarter. Seems like a good move. We'll see how my new defense (Redskins) fares this weekend. It certainly will be an emotional day for the team.
  17. BillLaimbeer

T.O. has put up HUGE numbers since you traded him to my son. :pound:
  18. jammertime

Dallas gets extra fantasy points for knocking Favre out of the game right?
  19. BillLaimbeer

Woody may have locked up a playoff spot with that injury. His opponent this week (Oz) has Favre at QB. It's hard to win when your QB puts up -1.76 fantasy points.
  20. Darth Tater

Injuries are a killer. :(

My guy Crayton has 2 td's today, but hardly any yards. Still, I'll take it.

Who gets the bye out of the 8-4 teams?

Webz if he wins because he beats Jam straight up and me on the tiebreaker.

Darth if he wins and Jammer beats Webz (because I beat Jam on the tiebreaker)

Jammer wins if he beats Webz and I lose.

Which 2 get in of the 6-6 teams?

Woody & Laimbs get in with wins (based on tiebreaks over the kid)

The kid needs to win and needs someone else to lose.

If all 3 lose Bill & Woody get in.