2007 PF.com Fantasy Football Talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by jammertime, Aug 21, 2007.

1. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm not really looking to make a major move, just something to hold me over for a week or 2. Adding Chad Johnson would be great, but I'd have to give up to much to get him.

I'm happy with Winslow at TE. I'm not looking to trade or upgrade him. Just someone to start next week while he has his bye.

Edge, Johnson, Winslow and LT (and his 4 TDs today) aren't going anywhere.
  2. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Jammer:

Of course I'm kidding (sort of). Isn't that what smack is all about??

Your top 7 guys are awesome.

So far, my #2 QB is out for the season (Dehlomme), my top RB has a bad hammie, as does my TE, and one of my WR has a bad ankle.

So far, you have avoided the injury bug. But what if LT is hurt, Winslow goes down again, Hester gets flattened and your QB gets a concussion?

You'll be participating with me in the "All Backup League" :pound:
  3. jammertime

I wouldn't know. I do my talking on the field. :MusicBigGrin:

Not entirely, but overall not too bad. My WRs have been hit a bit. Andre Johnson, has missed the past 3 weeks, Santonio Holmes missed last week. Winslow has been slowed a bit by a separated shoulder.

Then I'd still have Edgerrin James, DeShaun Foster and Fred Taylor at RB and a number of WRs to choose from. It's a little thing that I like to call "depth".
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If there was a TV channel for Classic Fantasy Football Game Finishes, my matchup this week with Bup-Bup Bombs would be on it.

Heading into the Monday night game, Bup had a lead of 6.62. He had Plaxico Burress to play and I had Jerious Norwood. Burress had been averaging 14 points per game while Norwood less than 8. Could the part-time running back Norwood outscore Burress, the NFL leading TD receiver, by over 6 points?

Now, Norwood had been relegated to the bench all season as the Laimbeer Lions have a dominant backfield tandem of Clinton Portis and Marshawn Lynch. With Lynch on a Bye week, though, Norwood was thrust into action. Many a player would have sulked on the bench, complaing about PT and lack of blood flow. Not Norwood, though. He patiently bided his time and prepared himself for this very day.

It looked good early in the MNF game when Norwood raced for a 67-yard TD score to put the Laimbeer Lions ahead. But despite his manager, Burress is no slouch. He racked up 97 yards and a TD to give the Bup Bup Bombers a comfortable lead.

It seemed the game was over as Bup Bup had a 2.0 lead with just over 2 minutes to go in the game and the Giants taking possession of the ball. But no, the Giants go quickly 3-and-out and Joey Harrington goes into 2-minute drill mode. The Laimbeer Lions need 21 yards from Norwood to win the game. A quick 10-yard pass to Norwood and the gap is closing. Meanwhile, the clock is ticking and Joey is hitting other receivers. Another 6-yarder to Norwood and Laimbeer is just 5 yards away from winning. Finally, with just 13 seconds left on this meaningless drive, Joey connects to Norwood and the Laimbeer Lions take a 105.84-104.88 victory.

The game ball went to Norwood, of course, who put up 23.28 points, three times his normal production. MNF commentator Ron Jaworski said after the game, "Norwood came up big when he had to, but in a close game like this, it all boils down to coaching. And of course we all know there are none better than Laimbeer."
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I was more impressed with Tates use of P. Clayton and W. Welker who are now out performing Owens and R. Moss.
    We'll meet again Beer.
  6. BillLaimbeer

Yea, even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while...
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Actually Tate doesn't have Welker. But Clayton has turned into a monster.
    I got 23 pt. from my kicker last week so turnabout is fair play.
    Damn you.
  8. BillLaimbeer

Did you watch the Monday Night game? At least this week I get to beat my kid....in fantasy football.
  9. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I've got Welker and he's not going anywhere. He's mine and no one can have him.

I picked him up AFTER the draft, just before the season started. One of my few good moves! :):)
  10. jammertime

I agree Woody. (Both about Welker being a good move and about you not making many of them.)
  11. jammertime

Bill,

That is one heck of a tempting offer. Give me a day to think about it and I'll get back to you tomorrow.
  12. BillLaimbeer

Food for thought: I guarantee the guy that I offered you will accumulate more points this week than the guy you would give up.

Jammertime: Deal or No Deal?
  13. jammertime

A deal like this really can't be rushed. This is the type of trade that can make or break a season. It's a "game changer". The winner of this trade will run away with the championship.

I might need a bit more time to think about it than I had originally thought. Leave the trade with me and I'll get back to you in about 11 weeks.
  14. BillLaimbeer

Like I said, this is a one-time offer. Get smart with me and I'll pull it off the table. I'm sure I can get somebody better than LT for my kicker anyway. I'll give you 24 hours. I don't usually like to negotiate in public, but you've forced my hand.
  15. jammertime

Fair enough, you called my bluff.

Based on my initial analysis of the trade, I'm leaning towards accepting. But I still have a bit more research and number crunching to do before I'm willing to make it official. I'm sure people will laugh at me for taking so long to pull the trigger, since this is about as close to a "no brainer" that there is in fantasy sports. But like I said, this is a MONSTER trade. I just want to make sure that all my i's are dotted and t's are crossed.

I'll get back to you within the 24 hour window. Please don't withdraw the offer!
  16. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    My team sucks. I have nobody beyond Romo who consistently produces. I have no running back. I have no tight end. I can't win any games...
  17. jammertime

Bill,

After careful consideration, I've decided not to take you up on your trade offer. As commissioner of this league it is my duty to maintain a competitively equal playing field. For me to rob you blind in a trade for your absolute best kicker, for my over rated running back just wouldn't be fair to the rest of the league. LaDainian Tomlinson is barely fit to carry your kicker's jock strap, let alone to be traded straight up for him.
  18. BillLaimbeer

I thought you might feel that way. Your honesty and integrity is a shining example for all fantasy sports commissioners (cough, Darth, cough).
  19. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I can smell a suspension coming. And a fine.
    :yellowprison:
  20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I saw about 10 minutes. Just wanted to know if Plax scored, he did, so I thought I would win.
    So now you get your jollies whippin' your kid...;-{