1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

2007 VSL Game 4 report from The Low

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by lurker, Jul 13, 2007.

1. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Here's The Low's report on Summer League Game 4, also at BadBoySummerCamp.com.

2007 SL Game 4 Recap - Detroit vs. Denver
    by The Low
    July 12, 2007
    DET vs DEN – VSL Game 4
    AGAIN???!!! Today and ENTIRE ROW of #$*@s plant themselves in front of me while recording the 3rd qtr. Are they intentional plants of The Man? WTF???

[​IMG]

Honestly, this game really didn’t deserve a write up, but I will suffer the task regardless.

Points of note: No Jason Maxiell Today: Go figure.

1st Qtr
    Maxiell looked to be getting a rest today by not starting. No wonder, he’s been eating the rest of VSL for lunch. DET started this game off shooting fairly well, although not getting much from the reserves. Mejia looks to have a good start today.

2nd Qtr
    DEN started this qtr being much more aggressive than DET at driving the lane. To make matters worse, DET wasn’t getting much out of their offense to start this game either. DEN is also drawing some fouls and managing to finish at the basket.

3rd Qtr
    I blacked out this qtr as I was so infuriated with the pack of geriatric fans that plopped down right in front of me, that I actually lost focus on the game after having to pack up the laptop, camcorder and notebook and move 10 seats away. All the while getting the, “What’s his problem?” look from the RowHeads. Mind you, the gym is only at about 40% capacity. There are dozens of other empty rows they could have taken. At the end of it all, there was some back and forth, but nothing of note.

4th Qtr
    This qtr was played as though it was just necessary. DEN is building a lead and maintaining control of the action AND pretty pleased with their efforts. Hell, they SHOULD BE with Lamond Murray, Nikoloz Tskitishvili, and Jelani McCoy on the court for their SL team. DET looked as if they would make an attempt at a comeback, but really fell short and took the L today.

Individual Notes:

Stuckey
    Stuckey was a mixed bag today. He seemed aggressive at times and stagnant at others. Overall an average showing for Rodney today.

Afflalo
    Afflalo wasn’t overly involved today. He didn’t look to be lacking effort, just not a ton of results.

Don’t take my comments to mean Afflalo didn’t produce. I simply mean that it was one of those games that players have where they might score 20 pts, but you never knew they were on the court. He did contribute today, but it came across live as a very quiet 20. Many of you know what I’m talking about when mentioning a quiet 20.

Samb
    Samb has been equally disappointing this year at VSL as he was surprisingly impressive last year. You hate to say a guy can’t do something before he has the chance, but without weight training and improved reaction times, this may be the last we see of Samb.

Mejia
    Sammy looks like he puts out maximum effort every time out. Again, he wasn’t a dominant factor, but he finds away to keep himself involved in the action.

Maxiell
    DNP - Day off.

Well, this was a pretty dry game today, but I think that’s to be expected at some point during VSL. The overall talent level across the board just isn’t there and today was a perfect example of that. My guess is that coaches used this opportunity to evaluate the players individually as opposed to overall team/game performance.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

This game stunk. It would have been nice to have been the 4th straight game with Maxiell AND Amir.

Eddie Fobbs was terrible.

This had the look of a scrimmage more than a competitive game. Perhaps the team has an obligation to play some of the guys on the bench to showcase them for other leagues.

3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The back of that guy's neck does look like a relief map of the great rivers of the world.

I'm not surprised to see Max sitting this one out. It's great that he showed the initiative to get out there and want to play, but in the end, these games are probably not helping him as a player all that much, and there could be other guys the coaching staff wants to look at.

4. roscoe36

I thought I noticed something white inside of Max's jersey last game. It didn't look to be an undershirt, I thought it looked like his ribs might have been taped.

Which would have been a good reason to sit the big guy down.

5. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Too bad you were not there in person to tell us if the air smelled of Saw Palmetto, Ginger, Beets and Mangoes. :)

6. roscoe36

I have a gift for seeing what others don't see, and not seeing what is plainly obvious. :nerd2:

7. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Low, I would have started sneezing and coughing on the old people. A lot of them are really sensitive to picking up germs. Then you take out a big hanky and start blowing your nose really loud right behind them.

8. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Nah...it was an undershirt

9. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I had finished too much of my soda to "accidentally" spill it on the row in front of me.

10. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Or, he coulda just said, "Go sit somewhere else, rednecks."

11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Low you should just get there early before the first game and take some of that yellow caution tape and cordon off the area in front of where you are sitting and put it is reserved for Piston press only. You and Congo and TFD if they show up...

Lakers/Pistons on Saturtday. I am sure AJ's family will be at the arena on Saturday if he indeed plays..

12. congoman

congoman First Round Draft Pick

I couldn't stand sitting on the side of the arena that had those thousands of crawling kids with their nachos and ice cream dots dripping all over the place. I had to move to the other side of the arena. It was more interesting over there with all the agents. Man, they are kind of sleazy but interesting. I got to talk with Terry Porter a bit. I didn't see anybody from the forum because I don't know what you all look like. Sorry we didn't get together. Later

13. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Hey congoman...just for future reference this is a picture of the Low:

[​IMG]

14. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

pssst... roscoe... check your fly...

15. detteam

detteam All-Star

Priceless! :pound: :pound: :pound: