2007 VSL Game 5 report from The Low

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Pwn Toney, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Ok, well with Summer League officially coming to an end for the Pistons with their 5th game against the Lakers, I decided to heed my man Roscoe's advice and try to make this report a little on the lighter side with some ins and outs of the "in person" experience at VSL

BIG PROBLEM.

There is nothing upon nothing that goes on in person that is any more exciting than staying your butt at home and watching the webcast. However, there is the minor exception of getting to find out exactly how over zealous and slightly obnoxious Laker fan can be...AT SUMMER LEAGUE.

These fans were in everything short of face and belly paint and cheering as if we're still playing in the 2004 NBA Finals. I'm hearing all kind of boos for minor calls, whining as if they refs are supposed to let the Laker players step out of bounds because it led to a dunk, and freakin' mid-season "Let's Go Lakers! clap, clap, clap-clap-clap" chants. Are you kidding me?

These fans mosey on down from LA and even Thomas and Mack employees were shocked to find out that I wasn't staying for the main even (read: Laker game) a couple days earlier. Guys...stop it. I know you were great once. I know you had Magic, Kareem, and Worthy on the same roster. I know you had Kobe AND Shaq. Guess what? None of us care and cheering in mid-season form during a summer league game in which your roster consists of none other than one...

Rodney White:

[​IMG]

should not bring you to your feet to see if the Lakers can send it to overtime.

Ok, I'm sorry, but it was just ridiculous. Basketball can be fun. Basketball can be exciting. But VSL is no place to be bouncing up and down in your seat screaming "Ooooooohhhh!!" because that guy ALMOST dunked on that other guy.

With all that having been said, this was the one and only game that saw Amir Johnson take the court for the Pistons and I must say he delivered. Don't take my word for it. Watch the clip:

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thanks for the highlights Low, I missed the webcast the other day so it was good to finally see AJ in action. I don't know how tall he is in actual height, but he sure did look BIG out there on the floor among the other players. A lot of good offensive moves under the hoop is what I saw. Hopefully the defense has improved enough to make a difference on the floor.

Glad he got rid of the braids too as he looks more mature without them!

:director:Great Video!!
  3. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Thanks Dre,

I'm not sure it matter because as long as AJ is effective, I don't care how tall he is. I haven't quite figured out why there's this big cloud over Amir's actual height. Maybe I'm just missing something, but a whole lot of people seem to be overly concerned about this.

I don't know though, I kind of like the braids, but maybe because I've never been able to get them (being a professional and all).

But, at the end of the day, it was decent to see him in action. Had he been there the entire 5 games, I think he would have stolen the show.
  4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Low, we are not really concerned with Amir's height. Just curious what it actually is, that's all.
    I also agree that he'd been dominating if he was there for the entire SL. I hope he gets more than just nominal minutes during the season.