2008-09 general league thread (non-Pistons)

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mikhail1973, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

But Kobe might be more willing to move his family to Europe for a few years because he did it himself as a kid. He might think "that was a good experience for me, so let's take this chance to give our kids a similar thing."
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

But his wife might be thinking, "there are many new women for Kobe to have affairs with in Europe, and I'd rather keep him in America, where my spy network can keep tabs on him."
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Well, he could just ask to be paid in Zimbabwe dollars. He'd be a billion-trillionaire. Ah, the wonders of Weimar-esque inflation!
  4. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Good point, I had overlooked that potential factor.

:ballchain
  5. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

The Philadelphia 76ers and restricted free agent Andre Iguodala have agreed to a six-year, $80 million contract, league sources tell ESPN.com.
    The athletic and exciting 6-6 forward/guard has improved his scoring average in each of his first four seasons, and promises to be a mainstay on a Sixers team that recently signed former Clipper big man Elton Brand to an estimated $82 million free agent contract.
    link: ESPN - Sources: Iguodala agrees to six-year, $80 million deal with Sixers - NBA
  6. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
  7. detteam

detteam All-Star

That's a BIG$ suspension, but it makes sense since he violated his contract.

Warriors suspend Ellis 30 games for moped accident - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Which reminds me...I still wonder how Joel Zumaya really hurt his shoulder and missed a big chunk of the Tiger's season, fully paid.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Now they're talking about how Golden State can void the contract if they choose to (which they would do if his recovery doesn't look promising). Could be a very costly mistake for this kid.

On a totally separate note, I knew Andrew Bynum was good, but I don't think I appreciated what he was doing last year before his injury.

Through 35 games last year, he averaged:
    28 minutes
    13.1 points
    10.2 rebounds
    1.7 assists
    0.3 steals
    2.1 blocks

FG% of .636!

He averaged a double-double in only 28 minutes with crazy efficiency. For comparison, Tim Duncan's FG% last year was .497.

Really was a shame that he blew his knee out.
  9. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

With the season about to start, if you want to get a quick look at which players have switched teams in the off-season, check out this list from ESPN. It also includes free agents re-signed by their own teams, so not every player listed has actually switched teams. I can't find a link to it from ESPN's front page, but I got to it via Google. It's also a bit out of date, not updated since early in October, although most player movement since then has just been teams waiving guys to get down to 15 before the season starts.

The list I linked to also includes teams renouncing their rights to retired players, some of whom have been retired for a long time. TrueHoop had a post about that during last season. Amusingly, Rick Mahorn was still on the books for Philly until just this last off-season. And as the TrueHoop link also mentions, the Pistons (as of last season) still had the rights to such luminaries as Don Reid and Victor Alexander.
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The elite: Five teams who can dethrone the Celtics - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

At least we are still considered elite:victory:
  11. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

12. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Every article is great if it does not include cavs. :cheers:
  13. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Yup. And did anyone see Lakers vs Trailblazers game? Lakers LOOK SCARY! or Portland could just have talent that won't pan out yet.
  14. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

So Oden got injured again less than three minutes into the game. This time it was his right foot. He's having an MRI today, so I guess they'll know more after that.

There's room for serious doubt as to whether this guy will EVER be healthy enough to play. Maybe it's just bad luck, but some players in every sport can't seem to avoid injuries no matter what they do. Oden certainly looks he's one of them.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Powe looked really good too.
  16. LA Dre

The Laker radio guys were all over it today even calling up Jostens to see how much the rings will cost for them too. (laker radio announcer Mychal Thompson already has one).

It was only one game but, they and most of the GMs says that they are ready this year to grab the crown after being one Andrew Bynum short of it last year. Barring injury, I do see them in the finals, much to my chagrin of course....:crossed: Don't know who will be in the finals with them though.

Their bench is good, because the zen master believes in them and plays them..Ariza, Farmar, Sasha:faint2: who would have thought these guys could make a difference????

Clyde Drexler called in and said they were good, but don't have anybody to back up the Kobe if he just happens to go down near the end of the season...one of the announcers said Gasoft could score 40 if he wanted too, but then Clyde asked where was he and Valdi Rodmanovich last June:ner-ner:
  17. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

18. LA Dre

The Lakers bench scored 49 points tonight including a 17-0 spurt midway through the 2nd quarter to turn a one point deficit to the Clippers to a 16 point lead in a matter of 4 minutes...

I don't think the Clippers are that bad despite losing by 38, the Lakers are just that good with both speed on the defensive end and some darn good shooters.

I don't even want to hear the radio guys tomorrow, so I will stay out of my car. Lakers 117- Clippers 79

Meanwhile, the supposed second best team in the west,Hornetshad to hang on to steal a victory in the Oracle Arena in Oakland as newly crown Warrior leader Corey Magette led the charge for the possible upset... Don Nelson was his usual self playing Stephen Jackson all 48 minutes and he was out of gas in crunch time. Meanwhile Al Harrington supposedly announced this week that he wanted to be traded and his poor shooting didn't help matters....but still they almost won it... Hornets 108-Warriors 103.
  19. LA Dre

Sam Bowie Jr...?:nailbiting:
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I know how you sprain an ankle, but I guess I don't know how you can sprain a foot. A sprained face sounds like a bad injury.