2008 Playoffs - East

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max

max All-Star

Discuss the East playoffs here.

2. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

Re: 200 Playoffs - East

Cavs over the Wizards in 6. I wouldn't be surprised if they did it in 5, not because I'm a huge Cavs believer, but just that I'm a NON-BELIEVER in the Wizards.

3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Re: 200 Playoffs - East

I agree. Bron is on the bench and Cavs outscore Wizards 8-1 to start the 4th quarter to go back on top. These are the minutes they have to utilize to their advantage.

4. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

This is going to be a long series... no matter who wins, the winning team will be drained when playing celtics. Celtics is going to have an easy way to the finals.

5. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Anyone else here listen to Bill Simmons' BS Report on ESPN? I reckon he is pretty good. He gives his playoff previews on the 17/4 podcast and I like the way he just tells it like it is, unbiased.

ie. Wiz have to beat Cavs in 6 games, cos if it goes 7 you know LeBron is going to the line 27 times...

He said this about the Pistons which the Low might agree with. 'They just show up sometimes. They act like they won 9 titles. They won 1.'

ESPN - ESPNRadio.com - PodCenter

6. Tacker

Tacker Second Round Draft Pick

I really think Wizards can actually make it to the ECF considering they beat the Celts 3-1 in the regular season (Including 2 straight) without Arenas. They just have to get past the Cavaliers in the first round.

7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's the playoffs>>anything can happen..The Sixers might even beat the Pistons at home..oh yeah they did...

if the Sixers hang on and beat the Pistons and Wiz comeback and beat the cavs and then upset the Celtics, then you could see a Wiz-Sixers or Wiz-Magic ECF..... NOT!!

8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Just the facts mam

All the home favorites won today by scoring over 100 pts and beating their road visitors by at least 14 points...except one of the favorites residing at the 5 Championship Drive in Auburn Hills Mi...

After scoring 51 points in the first half, I expected the pistons to hit the magic 101 points that would spell automatic victory. A 104-90 Pistons victory would have fallen in line with the other games played today.

If we don't recover that late game changing call when the Cavs were rewarded those two FT's after time had expired to beat the Sixers last week will be the single most important call of the season and the Pistons would have gotten the provebial shaft without even playing that game....I mean we could have open with a victory over the Raptors tonight.....

Meanwhile Doc reminds his players of what happen to the Pistons and make sure that they bury the Hawks.

The Wiz have to step tomorrow and grab their next game at the Q. I still think that they can beat the Cavs, just like I think the Pistons can come back and beat the Sixers. IMO all other series will be won by the team that won game one...

9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I liked listening to that. Bill Simmon's voice is way more nasal than I thought it would be. His buddy House is the one who sounds like he should be making sports radio podcasts. They had some good chemistry, though, and I like Simmons' insights, despite his Boston homerism, he is self-deprecating and smart enough to not be annoying about it.

10. max

max All-Star

Note - Each Series has its own thread now in the 2008 Playoffs section.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.