2009-2010 MSU Spartan Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Tough start for the Spartans this season. They were supposed to compete for the conference title. Instead, they now face a 1-3 start.

2. detteam

detteam All-Star

3. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I have been and always will be a UM fan, but always want the state teams to win if there not playing UM. what i really can't understand is that everytime State takes a step forward they seem to take two steps back.

I really expected UM to turn around this year and have a winning record, but also expected to finish behind an improving state team. It seems they just can't get over the hill to greatness.... Its really only the football team, there good year in and year out in basketball and there hockey team has been great over the years. I think they need to hire a team shrink?

4. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Well..it's too bad Darth left the forum...we could have had some fun gearing up for next week's game.

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think you seriously overestimate how much fun Darth was.

6. Nemo

Is there a public version of the "Darth Leaving" story, or do I wait for the book?

7. Nemo

5 MOST OVERRATED

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Larry Caper and Michigan State lost again Saturday.

Michigan State: Did the Big Ten media really pick the Spartans to finish third? Wow. Look at MSU now, 1-3 and a bumbling mess. It started to go wrong in Week 2 with a home loss to Central Michigan. Unbeaten Michigan visits next.
    Notre Dame: We still are waiting, Charlie Weis. Where is that signature victory? It probably won't come this season with a schedule that's packed with middling teams. ND already has lost to a Michigan team it had no business losing to. And it nearly lost to Michigan State. Still, don't be shocked if the Irish get another undeserved BCS bowl bid - where, of course, they will get blown out like they did in Weis' first two seasons.
    Oklahoma State: Remember all of that chatter about how the Cowboys were going to be this year's Texas Tech ? The Pokes still have a soft defense. And the offense hasn't found it stride because of injuries to key players such as wide receiver Dez Bryant and running back Kendall Hunter.
    Ole Miss: The Rebels started 2-0 but looked far from impressive in dispatching Memphis in the opener and clobbering a directional Louisiana school. Yet, they were ranked No. 4 in the nation. The 16-10 loss at South Carolina wasn't even that close. Goodbye, SEC West title hopes. Goodbye, Heisman dreams, Jevan Snead.
    USC: The loss at Washington was almost as dubious as that still-confounding home loss to 41-point underdog Stanford in 2007. So, for a fourth year in a row, USC is all but out of the national title picture before one leaf has been raked.

5 MOST UNDERRATED

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Greg McElroy and Alabama look pretty invincible right now.

Alabama: No team is playing better in every phase of the game than the Crimson Tide. Alabama has a devastating defense and better-than-expected offense behind quarterback Greg McElroy. This, ladies and gentlemen, is the best team in America.
    Cincinnati: Coach Brian Kelly oversees a high-flying offense that plays with flash. But it's the play of a rebuilt defense that had just one starter back that has been really impressive in wins at Rutgers and at Oregon State. The Big East belongs to the Bearcats again.
    Kansas: How come this team wasn't picked by everyone to win the Big 12 North? The Jayhawks 'offense has been as good as advertised behind quarterback Todd Reesing. The defense has room to improve. Still, the best is yet to come for a still-developing unit.
    Michigan: Coming off of a 3-9 debut under Rich Rodriguez, little was expected from the Wolverines. But Big Blue is 4-0 and flying high, thanks to the arrival of true freshman quarterback Tate Forcier.
    TCU: The Horned Frogs are the best non-Big Six team in the nation. The pundits were in love with Boise State and BYU. The Cougars were ripped by Florida State, a loss that looks worse now. Boise State remains perfect and likely will finish perfect, but an unbeaten Broncos squad figures to finish behind an unbeaten Horned Frogs club. TCU already has wins over Virginia and Clemson and can earn more credibility with triumphs over BYU and Utah.

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

For those who are concerned, this ^^^ was a joke meant for Darth (who is likely reading). I don't need to explain to anyone else how much I care about him.

I'm not going to speak for Darth or post private conversations. Suffice it to say, the door is open, and has been open. That he is not here, is 100% his choice, for reasons he has not shared with me.

That's all I have to add, so please don't post or PM questions to me.

9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

hahhahhahhahahhaha How u doin, Sack???? hahahhahahhahahhahahaha

10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Darth!!!! Where are you, babe!!!!!!!

11. Nemo

Remember...I knew nothing, except that he was reading.

Your note was sufficient explanation.

12. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I don't blame Darth for taking a break under the circumstances. I hope it's just a break and we can talk up the MSU/Michigan game. It should be another good one.

13. detteam

detteam All-Star

Fine, but it's "Mr. Sack", to you :mmph:

14. Nemo

Let me offer a prediction for the big game this Saturday. The score will be 41-37.
    That's all I got so far.

15. Nemo

Wolverines are a 1 1/2 point favorite in the early line.

Looks like the Spartans are getting the respect...

16. detteam

detteam All-Star

Yep...best 1-3 team in the country :sssh: :(

17. max

max All-Star

AS a UM fan I really do not have a feeling about this Saturday. I don't think the 4-0 1-3 records mean much. If anything it tells that Michigan is due for a loss and the Spartans are due for a win. Just not a good foundation yet to feel confident about a win.

18. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

yep, i normally have a gut feeling one way or the other..... but i wouldn't be suprised if we win by 30, lose by 30 or its a nailbiter...

19. detteam

detteam All-Star

The line is even. State's D sucks and UM's ain't much better. First time away from home for the hUMmers. If it's raining Taint might have an edge. If not, I think Cousins has the edge [​IMG]

20. max

max All-Star

That's the thing. You just don't know. One thing about this years UM team - they do not quit. I thought the lost that Indiana game a couple of times but they kept coming back. So if State does win it will be a close one I think. More likely pretty close either way.