2009-2010 U of M Wolverine Football Thread.

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Sep 3, 2009.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That was a bad sports weekend.

UM up and then gets crushed.
    Pistons up and then get embarrassed
    Lions tied deep into the 4th, then give a team their first win in over a year.

:violin:
  2. detteam

detteam All-Star

You forgot the Spartans getting boned by the refs
  3. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

It wasn't totally bad. Ohio State won.
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah nothing to cheer about in Motown for the second weekend in a row as no local college/professional grid iron teams can seem to get the W and Pistons get the double second half collapse..

Not sure about the Spartans, but I believe the Lions, Wolverines and Pistons were all favored to win. No excuse for the Lions to have a bye week to get healthy and review all their mistakes and were playing a 0-7 team at home.....can't blame this on Matt Millen...they just aren't any good. Now watch the Rams lose their remaining 8 games and this will be their only win....

Red Wings won last night....thank goodness...

Loved the "boned" reference...:pound::thumb[1]:
  5. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

state got beat
    western got beat
    indiana got beat
    purdue got beat

ND won

I'm in the sw corner of mich so lots of purdue and indiana fans around me.... and the annoying ND fans too.

lets go on to add... I was rooting for the yankee's to lose....

I think the only game in 3 days i watched the team i wanted to win actually did win... Iowa
  6. LA Dre

Yeah the Yankee wins in Philly over the weekend just capped off a bad weekend for me sportwise....even my wife's and my alma maters (USC and EMU) got whipped this weekend
  7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

U of M is going to need to beat either Wisconsin or OSU to be bowl eligible. A tall order.

Not sure if either U of M or Sparty will make it to a bowl.
  8. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Michigan needs to get their act together. They could have easily won today's game.
  9. Darth Tater

Good teams find ways to win those kinds of games. (Just look at stinkin' MSU who could be 9-1 right now instead of 5-5).

Michigan has big problems with their defense.

I don't like Rodriguez, and I don't know if he will be effective, but I think Michigan needs to give him one more year to see if what he is doing will be effective. No use starting over for nothing. (Unless something comes out of the NCAA investigation, of course).
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'd give him about 6 years as long as the team isn't obviously digressing. He needs a full cycle to get his program together, recruit for it, and develop players within it.

Michigan is trying to shake a similar rut as the Pistons... always close, but rarely a cigar. I don't really mind total destruction if it is to implement something radically different.
  11. LA Dre

Four straight games that Michigan has given up 35 or more points since they put up 63 on the Delaware State team

Bo Shemmy is turning is grave...

The defensive secondary is a shambles and the spread offense is a joke....

Seems like this game went down hill when they failed to score that possible go ahead second TD and then the FG was blocked and then when the replay officials completely blew a goal line call to give the badgers their third TD. After that the rout was on....

I am thinking they go for it next week and just start Dennard Robinson and see what happens...
  12. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

The standard at UM for a coach to keep their job is to finish in the top half of the Big Ten standings. RR has failed to do this for 2 years straight after 40 straight winning seasons. He needs to go. Hire Harbaugh away from Stanford...
  13. LA Dre

:thumb[1]::rockon::thumb:
  14. Darth Tater

Didn't they tick off Harbaugh earlier?

Today's game...I doubt the players show up for Rodriguez. I don't think they like him. That being said, while I'm not predicting an upset, I wouldn't be shocked if U of M pulls off the surprise (just to screw over Sparty, LOL).

Buckeyes 34 - U of M 23
  15. Darth Tater

U of M was outplaying OSU for much of the first half, but OSU making the big plays!
  16. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I realize Forcier is just a freshman, but he is an AWFUL freshman.

I can't understand how he has regressed so bad since Notre Lame.

I predict he doesn't start next season and transfers before the season starts. I think Rodriguez has been on his azz all season. It's OK for a coach to do this, of course, but Rodriguez has no credibility whatsoever so when he yells at them, it probably goes in one ear and out the other.
  17. max

max All-Star

I don't really follow college football all that much. Went to UM so naturally I want them to win. Thing is I can't see how anyone can possibly still support the coach at this point. After 2 of the worst non-bowl years ever - it has to be him. On top of that the program may even lose some scholarships because of him.

The guy needs to go.
  18. detteam

detteam All-Star

The hire seemed crazy from day 1 cuz the guy had no qualities representative of UM's football heritage. IMO DickRod is the anti-Bo
  19. LA Dre

I never understood why RichRod never put Robinson in as a running decoy with Forcier. that could have really thrown off the defenses. He put him in for a pass play today and Forcier throws it to him and is picked off.:yellowprison:

The defense did their part today to hold a team to only 3 TD's (after giving up an average of 5 the past 4 weeks), but Forcier as you said regressed with the fumble and 4 interceptions.

I still don't like the backfield that RR runs. The hand off to the back normally goes to the weak side and they NEVER have a running play up the middle. Even the passes down field all go to the sideline...nothing down the middle.

No bowl again so the players can study and get good grades...
  20. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

One thing to remember is that the backfield has been decimated by injuries. Their No. 3 and No. 4 backs played yesterday. Not much Dick-Rod can do about this.

Dre, do you think Rodriguez should be fired at this point? I say he deserves another season. He needs more of his guys in place.