1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

2009-2010 U of M Wolverine Football Thread.

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Sep 3, 2009.

1. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound::pound::pound:

I know how you feel. After BYU's win over Oklahoma last week, the first words out of Lou Holtz's mouth were: "My heart goes out to Sam Bradford." We started whooping at the TV until he finished talking.:MusicBigGrin:

:nono:
    Max Hall Stats, News, Photos - Brigham Young Cougars - NCAA College Football - ESPN
    [​IMG]

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Three questions after todays games:

What freshman QB will get the most ink/ESPN play this weekend..USC's Matt Barkley or the Wolverines Tate Forcier?

Which team had the best winning drive, the Trojans, the Wolverines or the Chippewas?

What fans feel like a game was stolen from them, the Buckeyes, the Fighting Irish or the Spartans...

College football is back!!! Great games today

3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

WOO !!!:nailbiting:
    AWESOME WIN:whoo::pop2:

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

What an unexpected performance and a nice surprise.

The whole thing seemed a little flukey though, so I will keep my enthusiasm in check.

Whenever there is a kick-off return and the other team fumbles in the redzone, you have to realize that it may not be repeatable. But whatever, low expectations are refreshing.

5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

ROTFLMBO!!!! Leave it to a Buck-Eye

I was in AA on campus when Brady, Henson and Henne were doing their thing, none of them looked as good as Tate, that kid is SPECIAL. I too think Robinson still has a place on this team, I think both he and Tate have what it takes to catch out of the slot, we can drive defenses crazy.

OUCH!!!! That Really hurts, that will be a sore spot that never heals, no matter what we accomplish OSU&MSU fans can always say, "You lost to Apple Eatin State AT HOME!!!"

Don't you just hate that feeling.

It's sad because Sweater Vest is one helluva coach, there's what 2 maybe 3 other coaches who are better than him, so he's arguably the 4th/5th best coach in college football, yet he has to take alot of flack! As much as I dislike OSU, Tress is a class act that is running a great program.

It burns me when people say certain coaches, players or teams can't win the big game, yet get no credit at all for always being in a position to play The Big Win.

6. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Sweater vest probably won't even get a top bowl game this year. These guys almost lost to Navy. He's got to worry about Penn State, MSU, and Michigan, and another let down game against a much lesser opponent..

7. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

"We should've won that game by two or three touchdowns," said Pryor, who accounted for 213 total yards -- 177 passing, with an interception, and 36 rushing on 10 carries.

Yeah, Terrelle, you win that game by two or three touchdowns when you learn how to pass the ball.

8. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

anybody thinking we might have gotten the better of the Pryor sweepstakes by him saying no thanks to us and going south.... I'm really really liking our freshmen qb's.

9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

He need not worry about MSU unless he is set on making the Pizza bowl in Detroit.

[​IMG]

10. Nemo

Msu can still make a go of it. They've been known to win the quality upset game.

11. Darth Tater

Not true, Nemo.

Recent
    history. Last year. Losses to California, Georgia, Penn St. and Ohio State.

Slaughtered by Penn and Ohio. Late come back (loss) to avoid a slaughter at Cal. Killed at Georgia.

No, they beat who they are "supposed" to beat. This loss was the worst yet because it showed a lot about this team. They are somewhere between above average and fairly good, IMO. I had honestly believed they were between good and very good. But seeing is believing.

The next two weeks in particular are going to be very ugly for the team from East Lansing.

12. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

I guess the Tate fumble on the 3rd and goal was flukey luck for ND. How about the missed INT by Boo Boo? Chances went both ways. There was nothing flukey about that last drive by Forcier. The harder you work the luckier you get. Michigan hung in when it counted.

13. detteam

detteam All-Star

OSU & MSU don't play each other this season

14. anakin

OSU looked excellent on defense. Their front line consistently pressured the QB. They certainly have the horses. On offense, I was not impressed. TP has a way to go before he be considered a QB. OSU is the best team in the Big 10 as it stands. Michigan has to recruit better players on defense to get their level, another 1-2 years.

15. Darth Tater

You are #25 in the AP.

16. anakin

Last year's 3-9 season was very humbling. There are extenuating circumstances as to why the collapse occurred, but history is the W-L record. The program looks like it is turning the corner and I think RRod will have this team in contention for the Big 10 Title next season. The #25 ranking is nice, but there is long way to go to wipe the ghosts of the past. What I have seen from them this season shows me that teams who were pencilling Michigan as an automatic win on their schedule better re-think those thoughts.

17. Nemo

Lucky for OSU...

18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I was indeed thinking that on Sat. Pryor has not lived up to the hype, I'm not saying Pryor is a bad player, but it's obvious he hasn't put it together yet. Also to be fair, Sweater Vest's offense wasn't built exclusively for a 2-way QB, it can integrate one, but it's not designed for one, Pryor may have made the wrong chioce in programs too. That said if I look at Pryors 2nd game as a freshman, and look at Tate's, there's absolutely no comparison.

Dang it!!! I was hoping we wouldn't crack that poll until after the MSU game (if we won of course), I'd rather them play with a chip on their shoulder and a hunger in their belly.

19. Darth Tater

You won't move up much by beating a 1-3 team. Best you move up now.

20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If they lose to EMU on Saturday, it will take at least a 4 game win streak after that to make it back to the top 25 so yeah this may be their one only chance to get in the top 25.....