2009-2010 U of M Wolverine Football Thread.

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Sep 3, 2009.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Whatever dude......We only go back to 1997, when a Charles Woodson led defense dominated and led us to a Nat'l Championship, me, I'm still living in the Mike Hart days.
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

-
    Hey, Hey, Hey ! PC
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Robinson was great on the 2nd to last drive, but he wasn't a great option when we had only 1 timeout and needed to be able to stop the clock. He sort of panicked on the INT too.

Michigan really looks like they are on to something though. On the road against the #12 team in the country, they could have pulled out the win with 4 boneheaded turnovers.

They should be contending for the big prize before Forcier graduates.
  4. max

max All-Star

Odd how there are more posts from MSU fans on Michigan losing than in their own team winning in the other thread. Why is that.
  5. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

That what little brothers do...

:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:
  6. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Disappointed that M lost, but they played a good game against Iowa. The D-Line and O-Line did a good job, they racked up a good ground game and for the most part were in the game. The unfortunate TO's and that big play on 3rd and long killed them i.e. they cannot seem to execute perfectly over a 60 minute stretch but I see progress. If not for that last minute INT, Michigan would have likely gotten into FG range and earned the W. I did not like the way RRod screamed at Tate, could have been handled differently. I also wish he brought in Tate for the last series, but understand why he didn't i.e. Denard seemed to have the hot hand. Again, disappointed but not out.
  7. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I don't live around many mich state fans that i consider friends anymore so I can't say it stil works this way.... but

While I was in college (early 90's) It always felt like State fans that I hung out with spent more time talking about bad things happening with UM then they would ever spend about States victories.

On saturday afternoon's I honestely thought that the state fans were rooting more for Mich to lose then for State to win.
  8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

The Paul Bunyan Trophy? :pound:
  9. Nemo

AGREED...:)
  10. Darth Tater

A win over Illinois? Nothing to get excited about there. What will be interesting is when we see umpteen posts about how great Michigan is after they blow out Delaware Community College next week.:pound:
  11. Darth Tater

It is like clock work. When Michigan loses all they do is talk about how mean Sparty is to laugh their butts off at them. :pound: Hopefully, Michigan moves beyond mediocre one day so we can really have some fun with the losses.
  12. anakin

From a strict football perspective, if RRod can get this team to execute over the course of this year Michigan will be a team to watch out for next year. I don't agree w/ some of the things he did, but this team is getting better. I don't know how he will pan out as Michigan HC but the Iowa game left me fairly positive that things will get on track. A sputtering offense with 5 TO's was a FG away from a W. This from a guy who wanted Michigan to hire B. Kelly. I will wait until the 3rd year.
  13. Darth Tater

I like you Anakin. Your posts in every thread are always logical.

From a strict football perspective, yeah. They are a decent to pretty good team, IMO. They improved leaps and bounds from last year's terrible season. It's just that some people in here are so easy to wind up the day after a game. I'm sure Rascoe appreciates the additional headaches (like he really needs more). But it is really all in fun.

In all honesty, though, I don't like Rike Rich Rod and I really do think MSU is the better team as of today. (MSU is also decent to pretty good, but based on most of the game in the head to head between the two this year, MSU dominated). Then again, it was a home game and MSU almost collapsed at the end.

Rich Rod may have them firing on all cylinders next year, but is there something with him and Forcier? If so, that cannot be good.

Iowa was a pretty good team and U of M did pretty well on the road. I doubt we beat them either.
  14. anakin

I saw RRod give Forcier and a few other guys a tongue lashing, but I don't think it is an different than what I have seen Carr or Bo do on the sidelines. Time will tell.
  15. Nemo

I think we'll know by BOWL Time.....:)
  16. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

He made them practice too hard, THEN he yells at them on the sideline? What a mean man. :MusicBigGrin:
  17. Nemo

Sounds like Nick Saban to me...another good coach. :)
  18. Nemo

Interesting that Michigan plays Delaware State this weekend. Delaware State is not even the best college football team in the STATE of Delaware. The lost to this team 27 -17 this season.

Check out why they lost...

Blue Hens - Delaware Athletics

Could be the unis............:pound:

Interesting that they gave up a conference game to play at the Big House.
    Some would say that UM is an easy mark for little schools now. I think it's the $550,000 pay day.

Their last game was played before 3,200 fans........
  19. Darth Tater

U of M got a particularly easy game, but I think all of the Big Ten teams got an "easy" game in the middle of their schedule. We got WMU. I'm guessing that there were holes in all of the schedules because the Big Ten eliminated the bye weeks. (I could be wrong).
  20. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

so they wear the winged helmit too.... could make for some misreads by the qb....