2009 PF.com Fantasy Baseball

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by roscoe36, Feb 11, 2009.

1. KnowALL

KnowALL First Round Draft Pick

PAALEEAASSSEE!!! Darth - you are really in a sad state of mind. Your only advice to me, which I'll share with everyone...."concentrate on getting a good second baseman and shortstop"!!! Your great wisdom is now out in the open....too bad there are no defensive categories. Even a rookie such as myself could see the moronic...trying-to-keep-at-least-one-team-below-you strategy. Manny and Doumit will be back soon, and I'll be in great shape. Just needing to stay competitive until then. And good luck with Bruce, I'm sure he'll turn it around in late August. :swords:
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Wow, you sure got cranky when your team started to fold (as predicted). When did you figure out how to use the smileies? I don't remember teaching you that in your strategy lesson.

I think that was your best strategy in fantasy baseball...not sharing the true advice I gave you with the rest of the league. That should keep you competitive for about two more weeks. Coincidentally, that is when our teams meet. This time I won't suck the gas pipe on Sunday.

Thanks for keeping first place warm for me for so long. Looks like you are going to let Bill do it for a couple weeks now. He's never been there before.:pound:

Wait...what are we laughing at? We can't let anybody know about this.:sssh:
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I haven't had a chance to check lately. Who is winning our league these days?
  4. Darth Tater

Geez Bill, Sorry for not recognizing your accomplishment of capturing first place for the first week of June. Here is your trophy (you get the one on the far right).

You can get the next size up if you can hold the lead into the second week of June and the really large one is for holding it until summer begins. :pound:

I forgot how much these weekly Spring trophies mean to you guys who come up empty handed every October.

[​IMG]
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Darth, I appreciate the respect and all of the love. Many thanks.

Have a nice day.

:hoops:
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Front runners. :nerd2:
  7. KnowALL

Lucky for you all, my best couple players have taken some time off, and will continue to do so for a bit. Lucky for me, no one else is all that great, so I can continue to coast for a while, may drop to third or so, but will be back strong in a few weeks. If my guys would have stayed healthy (and off the dope), I would be so far ahead you-all would be playing for seond before the all star break. Not complaining, just providing the dose of reality you-all can't get yourselves to say outloud.
  8. Darth Tater

Bill posted that on April 12, 2009

The funny thing is that the last place Latino Kings had a total of ONE victory through the entire first round of the schedule. A total crushing of my team that I finally recovered from in the standings last week despite my only losing to one other team since the time he clobbered me. It was probably more due to my horrible play than anything else.

I had a 7.50 ERA and a .220 batting average that week.

So what happens? Here we goooo again...:pound: My pitcher got killed yesterday, I only had one batter play, LK has 5 pitchers going in the first two days (so they will all pitch twice this week...lots of potential wins and strikeouts), and his one batter who has been in a year long slump goes 5 for 9 and slams a home run in a double header.

The worst news is that if I don't minimize my losses, by the time I recover again...it will be time to play him again.

AND...to add insult to injury...his team is STILL in COMPLETE disarray!!! :cold::pound::pound:
  9. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Mine isn't much better. Missing the draft = a real kick in the schnutz!
  10. Darth Tater

Actually, I like my team a lot and they are pretty good. The problem is that once every ten weeks I have to play LK and funny stuff happens. :)
  11. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Even when I'm last in the league (I didn't check injuries as often as I should have, some bad pitching, and some question marks), I can always count on Darth to help me. :pound::pound::pound::pound:
  12. KnowALL

Even Darth is going to win it all....I am taking over-under bets on next weeks Proceas Chopuss vs. Phillie competition. So right now the over under is at 6.5 Porceas. I will be stunned if the Phillie from spud's ville gets over 3.
  13. Darth Tater

You are going to be bacon bits by the time I am through with you Pork Chop. But unlike you, I am focusing on my current opponent and not looking ahead to next week.

(But I will take the under on porceus).
  14. KnowALL

So I am officially in a free fall. Looking ahead apparently has its risks, but I've been sliding for a few weeks now. I really need Manny to get back, and hope he plays like he did before his exit. Pitching has stunk the last few weeks as well. Hopefully they are not getting burned out already.
  15. Darth Tater

Ok, I checked the box scores this morning and I guess your team decided to snap out of it's funk against me in a big way. Let's see. On Monday your two guys who played got the following:

Runs-4
    Home runs -3
    RBI's -6
    Stolen bases -2
    Average-.556

And I haven't even had anyone play yet.

Considering that your team has the best pitching in the league and mine is mediocre, I think this could be a very loooong week for my team.

0-10???:sweep:

:nopompom::hail::dizzy2::yield::yield: :yield: :yield: :yield:
  16. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

I tied. :gun1:

Please look at my trading block and get back at me!
  17. KnowALL

that would be great but ain't gonna happen. your pitchers have 30 K's and 2 wins after 1 day of play for your team (my pitching as previously noted, has not been any good lately)...and how the heck did you get most of your starters a Tuesday and Sunday start....very impressive. That is why you are the master and will win it all.
  18. KnowALL

So I was lucky to get a win out of the last week. An incredible match-up against the hard charging Phillie's. Darth - I can't remember the last time you lost a match...when was it???? Had to have been a long time ago. And who beat you??? I am in an elite group with whom??
  19. Darth Tater

I believe we are having what your wife would call

"A NON CONVERSATION". BORING!!
  20. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Beating Darth is unsatisfying. He's a masochist. He loves being beaten.

Great league. The gap between first and last is pretty small. I am in another league where one guy is 52 games back of first already.

Anyone can make the top bracket playoffs. Keep pushin'!