2010-2011 Michigan Wolverines Football thread

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

I really like Denard. Seems like a genuine guy. I hope he has continued success with the program no matter what happens to Rich Rod....
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

U of M is most likely going to lose this one against a really good Wisconsin team. But if U of M wins, Sparty says, Thank You. :)

Spread is about 4 points.

Prediction

Wisconsin 38

Michigan 28
  3. Nemo

The Wolverines are embarrassing themselves at home against Wisconsin. Sloppy tackling, poor execution, dropped balls, shoddy tackling, opposing QB perfect completion percent in the first half...this coach needs to go. He can't even find a kicker who is willing to attend a top notch school. Score 24-0...but it actually looks worse than that.
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The defense is horrible all year. That is no surprise.

The dropped balls are the killers. If the WRs can't catch, it puts too much pressure on Denard. They need some balance to have a shot. Their defense isn't good enough to make up a double-digit deficit.

The 2nd half could get real ugly. Look for the crowd to turn on RichRod.
  5. Nemo

at this point...I want the AD to turm on him......:gun1:
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

There's got to be some body in SE Michigan with 2.0 grade average that can tackle. Then again there should be some walkon on that campus than can kick the ball through the uprights. The current PK can only hit PAT's, and looks like they might not need him today un less DR can find someone open beyond the first down marker.....or just use all four downs on each possession. A couple of reverses might throw off the offense.

Meanwhile the Badger QB is what 13-13 including one to a a wolverine CB..that just delayed them from putting up more pts in the first half...
  7. Darth Tater

At least your pk CAN kick extra points.
  8. LA Dre

Just like you called the # pts for the Spartasn, you called the correct amount for the Wolverines..too.

Can you predict that the Cowboys will score 0 tomorrow??
  9. Darth Tater

:MusicBigGrin: I wish I could.

I'm really worried about Vick getting hurt tomorrow but that belongs in the Eagles thread.

Assuming U of M loses to Ohio State and goes 7-5 what bowl do you guys think they will get. (I'm thinking their name goes a long way, considering MSU got a good bowl at 6-6 last year. The U of M name carries a lot more weight). What bowl will Sparty get if 10-2? I doubt they win at Penn State.They haven't since Penn State joined the Big Ten, I think.
  10. Nemo

Spartan negativity alert.............Even within the WOLVERINE thread. :pound:
  11. Darth Tater

[​IMG]
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

UoM has a big following in Florida and Cali. One of the lessor teams there should do.
    Once UoM and O.S. were both out of the Rose Bowl and I thought why not the MotorCity bowl for a rematch.
  13. LA Dre

Michigan needs a guaranteed win in their bowl game just to attract some undecided hi schoolers in the south. so it needs to be a nonconference foe that DR can run thru

How bout the Go Daddy bowl in Mobile, Alabama, or the Beef O Brady Bowl in St Petersburg, Florida...unless they can take a bigger offer in the Citrus Bowl in Orlando....thay might require a 8-4 record and win over OSU..though:sssh:
  14. Nemo

If all three of the 10-1 Big Ten teams win next week, then Look for Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl, OSU will play in another BCS game and MSU will get the Citrus Bowl. That leaves Iowa for the Outback Bowl. Michigan will probably get Missouri in a Texas Bowl game...
  15. Nemo

Just looking at the stats from yesterday's game.

-The Badgers ran on us for 31 straight plays.
    -they handed off more than government cheese.

-They ran for over 350 yards averaging like 7 yards per carry.
    -Our defense played like swiss cheese.

-Rich Rod says he hates to make excuses, but keeps mentioning all the freshmen on defense.
    -This smells like someone cutting the cheese.

-They may have new players but these guys have not been coached .

-If Rich Rod selected and trained these freshmen, then they should still not have so many missed tackles, approach opposing players at bad angles, arm tackle in the Big Ten...and he shouldn't employ a 3-3-5 defense on a power run team like Wisconsin. Lloyd Car ran a 4-3 defense, but was always flexible enough to put in a "dime" package against the spread offense. It's embarrassing to see a team run at will against us...and no adjustments made.

The Wisconsin coach put it best when he said (estimation of speech) "This staduim is full of rich history and tradition. Many great teams have played here. None of those teams are here today"..:gun1:

The scariest thing that I've read about Michigan is their ability to recruit. They rank #30 in next years class of signees. Obviously, Rich Rod may find it more difficult than he thought to recover from his defensive debacle that he created.
  16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

On the stats side Mich is like 9th best rush offense. 7th best scoring offense.
    They can't be found in the defense stats.
  17. Nemo

7 points today. Sucky defense. Even after the 1st quarter, you just KNEW we weren't in this game. I've seen enough of Rich Rod. Let the AD take all the time he needs to fire and then hire a new guy. Hopefully, Harbaugh will be on the short list. I would even take Wayne Fontes cause he knows defense...

[​IMG]
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I didn't even tune in for this one. Looks like I saved a couple valuable hours.

I really hate rooting for teams that don't play D.
  19. LA Dre

To early to fire him......They will probably let him coach the bowl game and then contact Harbaugh.

Biggest problem in yesterdays game was the dropped passes, secondary defense, the lack of and bad kicking game....all of that will lead to a loss no matter who you are playing.

If RR can't recruit a decent kicker, then how can he expect to get any defensive guys?? They left the punter at home because of something he did wrong...may as well left the place kicker at home too since you couldn't rely on him to kick any FG...they were in scoring position at least 3 times where any other team would have lined up and got 3 pts out of the deal. For their bowl game I would even line up the kicker and do a fake pass just to get a possible score....
  20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

2 game improvement over last year. He's gonna lose the last of the 4th year seniors and red shirts. Maybe another step back before going forward. I'm for giving him 2 more years. I don't like the in and out termoil.