2010-2011 Michigan Wolverines Football thread

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Aug 19, 2010.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

When do UM and MSU play? I'm looking forward to watching some bowl games tonight.
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm pretty sure they don't play today.
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Uggh. Embarrassing. Both teams (U of M and MSU)...Putrid...they made the Big Ten look pretty bad.

If TCU wins I will never hear the end of it from BSU fans.

I knew Sparty would get blown out but I thought Michigan would put up a good fight. :yellowprison:

Well, U of M fans should be happy that Rich Rod will be gone for sure now.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think that this was the nail in the coffin. However, I'm not very happy. What a disaster.

I wonder if Millen would be interested in testing out the college waters.
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The SEC and the Texas teams pretty much put the Big 10 to shame today beating Michigan, MSU, Northwestern, Penn State and Wisconsin. Looks like all of the coaches in the Big 10 team should be embarrassed or even put the hot seat, but definitely RichRod and his staff should canned before the plane lands back at Metro Airport
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Is that supposed to be funny ? Well it's not. Sheeessh.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    BOWL PAYOUT BREAKDOWN Bowl Per team payout Poinsettia $750,000 Pioneer PureVision Las Vegas $950,000 R+L Carriers New Orleans $325,000 Papajohns.com $300,000 New Mexico $750,000 Bell Helicopter Armed Forces $600,000 Sheraton Hawaii $398,000 Motor City $750,000 Emerald $850,000 PetroSun Independence $1.1 million Texas $500,000 for Big East, $750,000 for Big 12 Pacific Life Holiday $2.2 million Gaylord Hotels Music City $1.6 million Brut Sun $1.9 million AutoZone Liberty $1.5 million Insight $1.2 million Champs Sports $2.25 million Meineke Car Care $750,000 Alamo $2.2 million Chick-fil-A $3.25 million for ACC, $2.4 million for SEC MPC Computers $250,000 Outback $3 million AT&T Cotton $3 million Toyota Gator $2.25 million Capital One $4.25 million Rose $17 million ** Tostitos Fiesta $17 million *** FedEx Orange $17 million Allstate Sugar $17 million *,** International $750,000 GMAC $750,000 Tostitos BCS Championship $17 million *Notre Dame will receive $4.5 million per BCS rule; **Second teams from conferences receive $4.5 million per BCS rule; ***Boise State estimates it will receive around $3.5 million after sharing with five non-guaranteed conferences. (Figures could vary pending ticket sales.) Sources: Conferences, bowls, teams, wire reports
    ---------------
    Those are the payouts pre team from the bowls:
    The Big Ten is stealing revenue from lesser schools !!!!
    No way did the Rines deserve a 1-1 bowl. $4.25M. Boise should've got that. Actually Boise gets another $3.5M from BCS non conference.

-------------------------------------------------------------
  7. LA Dre

Can one of you local folk tell me if Rich Rod still has a job with Michigan?? At least defensive coach should have been canned by now...
  8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Just throw him out of the plane...

[​IMG]
  9. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Stanford plays their Bowl Game on Monday Night. Give Harbaugh a rest on Tuesday.
    Fire Rich Rod on Wednesday. Announce new coach on Thursday.
    Lovin this after bowl season for Michigan...
  10. LA Dre

I know we don't expect Harbaugh to say anything when he still has a game to coach, but has he released any soundbites recently about coming back to his alma mater to coach? Based on the display the Wolves put on yesterday, he may want to stay put at Stanford until the SF 49ers offer him a job...
  11. Nemo

Harbaugh has been even less committal about any career moves....

...."I just love to compete and I like challenges," Harbaugh told the New York Times when asked about his future.

Harbaugh was asked Sunday in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., if it bothered him to have his name mentioned for other jobs...

“I just talk about the job that I have and none others,” Harbaugh said. “That’s the way I’ve always handled it in the past, and it’s worked well. The way I handle it now and in the future, just focus and concentrate on the task at hand.”

If Michigan buys out Rodriguez and can’t convince Harbaugh to come back to Ann Arbor, it might hire San Diego State coach and former Wolverines assistant Brady Hoke.
  12. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Some think Hoke would be better than Harbaugh.
  13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I could go with either one.
  14. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hoke signed a two-year contract extension in December to his original 5-year contract signed in 2008, meaning he is under contract at SDSU until 2015. He has a $1.5mil buyout that will go down to $1mil in a year or two. His teams have made huge improvements at Ball State and now San Diego State. SDSU was a tough matchup this year in the Mountain West. BYU, Utah, and even TCU were all fortunate to beat them.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5890813
  15. LA Dre

Harbaugh was passed over by Michigan when the QB coach job came up in 2002. Different AD then, but does Jim hold that against them??

Will the pressure to overcome RichRods mistakes and his recruited players be to much for Harbaugh to put up with....We know the worldwide Michigan Alumni will give him a little more leeway, but not sure if they want to go another three years of losing to OSU and MSU.....before he turns it around.

Will it be easier to just stay in the bay area go up the road to take on the forty-niner egoes?? Lou Holtz says he maybe to young to take on an NFL head coaching job yet???
  16. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Rumors around here are that he may be asked to take a couple of NFL jobs. The catch to this is that the Michigan job may become available. There are plenty of NFL teams he could coach but their is only one Michigan.

The question becomes does he want to kick around the NFL every few years or coach his alma mater til he retires.
  17. LA Dre

According my sources.....@ ESPN.:)...can Michigan afford to pay the RichRod buyout and pay Harbaugh since the NFL will offer more cashmoney than the Wolverines.

Stanford has a buyout in place for Harbaugh too.

Les Myles at LSU is still an option too.
  18. detteam

detteam All-Star

Harbaugh is in the catbird seat to write his own ticket even before Stanford wipes out VT tonight. With Luck most likely to go tops in the draft I doubt Harbaugh will be able to resist the offers to leave.

UM has money-to-burn and is desperate to wake up from the RR nightmare. The offer rumors are flying but I doubt any NFL team would be willing to out-pay UM for a guy with no NFL coaching experience. UM will make him one of the highest paid college HC's. And...he will do a great job there.
  19. Nemo

I remember a few years ago back when I lived in Michigan and had season football tickets to the Big House. The University put up some signage on the perimeter of the stadium facia. It was to speak of the history of the team, but instead looked gaudy and out of place. Many alum complained, but the AD said that the signage cost millions to put up and would cost millions to remove. The signs were removed within 48 hours and one check was written to cover the costs.
  20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Hey, did RRods teams before UoM have a defensive presence?
    Cause he got to bowl game with out one.