2010 East Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, I remember someone writing already during the season that we have managed to aquire a bench for winning championships, we just need five starters. Don't remember who though.

OT: Lets hope the Magic can get atleast one tonight.

2. Brap

Brap Starter

Ben would start at center - no question. Chaucey then vs. Rondo now - tossup, but Chauncey's a hell of a great player and he fits with Rip, so Chauncey. Rip vs. Allen - I'd go Rip. Allen and Tay and Rondo and Perkins and Sheed would be coming off the bench.

That team would never lose a game.

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

'04 Ben added to this Celtic team would be unreal.

But then again, that team we had was pretty ridiculous as it was.

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Tough exciting game tonight....FT are killing the Magic as well as the Celtics defense, but at least they get another 5 minutes to avoid the traditional sweep...:)

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Nice game. Ray Allen is a dangerous man. If only the Magic had him instead of Ra$hard Lewi$.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

magic hold on to avoid the sweep be sides making bone head plays and missing all of those free throws....

Rashard Lewis has been playing horrible but finally got in double figures.....Vinsanity??? Did he even show up in Boston?? 1-9 shooting???

JJ Redick has no court sense... does not know when to pass the rock or shoot it.

Dhooward 8 missed FT?? some of them were shot so hard, there was no way they were going in.

Celtics:::: damn that D is good!

7. max

max All-Star

Yea I was thinking about that. Ray Allen now vs Rip then I would pick Rip. Rhondo and CB would be a tossup. 04 CB vs Rhondo now I would go with CB, 06 CB I would go with Rhondo.

I would take the 04 team and plug in Piece at SF and Garnett at the 4.

Tough loss for the C's. Now they have to go into Orlando and beat them there or face a game 6 where they will have to win to avoid a game 7 in Orlando. Its a series now.

What a bone head possession to end regulation.

8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Very even game stats-wise. The big difference was the 3-point shooting by the Magic. Besides Allen, the Celts were 0-11 from deep. Meanwhile, the Magic has 4 different players who hit multiple 3's. That's their game.

And the Magic had 5 players shoot 50% or higher against this great defense of the Celts. Pretty impressive given the amount of defensive pressure that they were up against.

And big picture...
    Not a single team in the ECF has scored more than 96 points. Average score = 90.0

Not a single team in the WCF has scored less than 107 points. Average scored = 116.3

That's a 26.3 ppg difference per team, and 52.6 total points per game. There is 30% more scoring in the West. The East fans are getting ripped off!

9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I would rather say the West won't know what hit 'em. :heh:

10. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, nice game. I hope Magic win the next game so we have a series again even though I rather see Celtics move on.

11. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

First time in a while I've seen Garnett and Rondo looking like deer in the headlights. And Sheed - even he seemed afraid to play and more or less purposefully got himself relegated to the bench. The offensive execution that for three games was about as good as I've ever seen collapsed into everyone watching Pierce try to get a shot. It was nice they discovered Ray Allen towards the end, but if they had found him earlier in the fourth it would all be over now.

I'd like to see the opening minute of game 3 and game 4 again though. In game 3 the building was shaking, but in game 4 it seemed like any other game. I guess everybody got a little overconfident.

Nice that Van Dumby finally found Bass down there on the bench. He should have been playing over Gortat the whole series - tougher defender and better offensively.

12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

That was an exciting game.

C's lost one in their first few possessions when they slowly walked the ball up court time after time. There is a night and day difference in their O when they push the ball.

The 08-09 uber-demonstrative C's made a brief appearance in the 2nd half.

I find Western Conference ball to be unusually boring.

13. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Magic provide only a tease in East finals - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

And that's the story of these series. Magic would've put up a better fight if they had kept Hedo and Courtney Lee instead of Vince Carter.

14. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I would play Brandon before Grotat and Rashad Lewis any day of the week.

15. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't know what it is, but I agree with you about these playoffs. The West games jsut seem like regular season games. The East games seem to have a whole other level of intensity.

16. Brap

Brap Starter

The most underreported dynamic of this series is that the Magic have a lot of guys on that team - key guys - who just aren't the smartest or most focused guys.

I'm still astonished that nobody calls out Dwight Howard for being a total clown. I don't mean he's a bad guy, but I mean that he acts like a kid on the court while the game is going on (not all the time, but enough of the time - elbows, immature play), and during time outs. What the heck is he doing joking around with fans during time outs in key moments of the ECF's? It's totally weird.

He's also just NOT a superstar in terms of his basketball fundamentals. He overwhelms guys with his incredible athleticism and top-drawer strength. He's a great interior defender, especially as a help defender. At times, he's a man amongst boys. But on offense, he's lousy. He can't hit FT's and much of the time he's a highly inefficient low post player with very limited skill in the post. He's also not a great passer.

Vince Carter, IMO, is not a guy I'd want on my team. I think he's unclutch and a ballhog, but isn't an upper echelon player like Kobe or LeBron who deserves to be a ballhog. I think his BB IQ is not high.

Lewis is incredibly overpaid, and he looks overmatched against top teams.

And I've never been impressed much by Nelson.

I think the Celtics are winning this series in large part because Orlando's just not that great a club.

17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Yup, that game last night was awful except that the Lakers lost. There was approximately a 10 minute stretch in the 2nd Q last night where neither team missed a shot and neither team got a hand up.

For all the talk about how strong the WC is, their teams are uber-soft.

18. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Seems like I'm in the majority here but I don't get that feeling at all. Hell the best series this playoffs was in the West. This has just hasn't been an interesting playoffs in general.

I don't see the "softness" of the Western Conference either. None of these teams are "gritty" teams, but they aren't going to lose games because they were being "soft". Unless they're the Dallas Mavericks.

In regards to the Magic, I wonder if Charmin Carter shows up today. They can't rely on Jameer to be the man again today. Some of the shots he took down the stretch of that game were terrible, they just went in.

EDIT: I think I just alluded to the Lakers not being soft. That's not a statement I will stand by.

19. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

It's over tonight. Celts are in the Finals. They'll have a few days off while waiting for Kobekers to go through the motions.

20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If you're the defending Champs and you have Kobe, you are not a soft team.