1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

2010 East Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Apr 17, 2010.

1. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

This is looking very promising right now. If the Celtics lose tonight, the Magic will win the series. Celtics look tired. Rondo does not have the spark in his step tonight. A suns/magic series is not out of the question.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The refs are treating the Celtics like they are the Pistons. I don't even care who wins and I'm disgusted.

3. NYPistonFan729

Unbelieveable calls. This is why NBA is so bogus. Refs are criminals.

4. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Bad call on Perkins. Might be time for the LeBron/Kobe-conspiracy theorists to switch LeBron for Howard. :)

5. NYPistonFan729

I think Howard's elbows have taken out several celtics so far. Excellent "D" with the elbows and he nearly ripped Pierce's shoulder out. Way to go, Dwight.

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Howard got hacked by Nate on that play. It was the arm that was fouled that came down funny on bbaby. 100% inadvertant.

Love watching the hack-a-________ strategy fail miserably. If you weren't the one who dreamed up that strategy (giving you a cleverness pass), then it is just a cowardly exploitation of a loophole. You hurt the game of basketball by doing it... and of course it is a bad strategy.

7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

saw the first half at the Oakland airport, but missed the second...and the blowout..as I was in flight...... Are you telling me the refs were giving the Magic favorable calls???
    If Perkins ejection holds up, he will have to sit out game 6

I will catch the replay tomorrow on NBA TV...to see for myself.....the last thing I think Stern wants is a Magic/Suns finals.....but then again he may want these conference finals to go seven with the Lakers and Celtics still meeting in the finals.

8. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Maybe, maybe not. Howard has been allowed more and more to just wildly swing his arms and hands when coming down after going for a block. It's not the first time he's laid Pierce out, he's gotten Garnett several times, and then there was last night. I think he's found a way to get back for some of the hard fouls he takes. Soooner or later the league will either have to clean that stuff up or someone is going to get hurt badly.

Anyway, I guess the league thinks this series ought to go on a while longer. And unfortnately for the Celtics, the Magic seem to think that too. Assuming Boston has enough guys to play tomorrow night, and assuming Rivers is the coach he's seems to be, he can definitely use this. One thing for sure, it will be a noisy gym.

9. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Apparently the league is the reason the Celtics team we saw at the end of the Cavs series and the first 3 games of this series just decided to stop showing up. I really wish people would decide what side the league is on.

Credit to Orlando for actually making this the series that I thought it would b

10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You aren't getting the newsletters?

Also, hji.

11. dba

The league is against whatever team I'm for. I thought that was clear.

12. dba

The second Perkins tech was rescinded without comment by the league. Both were silly calls. The refs are really struggling to figure out how much they need to do to keep these games in control.

13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Did you catch the tech on Rondo last night where he was calmly talking to another ref when Joe Crawford came barreling in screaming that Rondo had been warned and needed to stop talking to the other ref?

When you can get Mike Breen to criticize the refs then you know they made a bad call.

14. coynejeremy

YouTube - Boston Celtics Against The Refs & The Magic In Game 5

15. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

That was a BS call. All NBA players talk to refs ALL the time in every game. Crawford just need to stop wearing underwear that's two sizes too small for him.

16. coynejeremy

17. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

while I don't respect the guy at all, and find it hard to believe most of his charges..... the NBA ref's as a whole are a joke... and really think they should all be fired and start fresh, they need to be taught together on what is allowed and what isn't. I hate how what is a no call for one ref can be a foul for another.

the fact a ref can bet on games just by knowing who's reffing a game is just plain scary.

18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I wish that the ref-lockout lasted half-way into the season. Perhaps we need FIBA certified refs.

19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Darko is a big fan.

20. dba

A little belatedly, but the imposters go down. Great regular season team, but unable to hold its own. It's hard to imagine any team with Nelson at the point would ever win a title. He just doesn't get it, and his coach seems to encourage his willful ignorance. Glad (for many reasons) I don't live in Orlando.

The Celtics offensive execution that was so good for three games and then just disappeared came back last night. They just never seem to be without another option. And when they play for each other it can be amazing to watch. Their defense was pretty top notch too.

The concerning part is Garnett who disappeared from the losses, and started out in a worse funk last night. That absolutely stupid first foul was, well, stupid. Sitting him down for ten minutes seemed to help, and he started to play better in the second and third quarters, but nothing like the first three games. I'm not sure they can win again without him playing up to snuff. I don't know if he's hurt or just freaked out by something, but he needs to get out of his head.

Howard continued his slap happy ways, knocking some guys around with his arms and hands on his way down after leaping. The Celtics are lucky not to have gotten someone seriously hurt. Howard has obviously figured out this is a way he can toss out some punishment of his own for the hard fouls he takes. In the long run though I suspect his game would benefit more from a legit post move or two, maybe a consistent ten foot jumper, or, yeah, the ability to hit more than one free throw in a row. Without those he will never be more than a defender and rebounder who forgets to rebound a lot of the time.