2010 East Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Apr 17, 2010.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

hate to say it, but Hedo Turky-loo would have been a better match with the C's than Vinsanity who along with Rashard Lewis were both inconsistent and did not show up in this series until it was to late.

What irks me is that both the Celtics and Lakers will get a chance to get a second title within two years and all we have for our so called 6 trips to the conference finals is that one ring and a runnerup blue ribbon.:yellowprison:

2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I thought I saw KG land awkwardly after scoring in the opening moments of G1.

I also thought the C's did a much better job on the pick and roll last night that slowed Orlando's 3 balls and got them out running. Maybe the Magic weren't as aggressive as the Jackson/Van Gundy combo was pointing out.

He has mostly taken a beating around here, but I think Jeff Van Gundy is an excellent analyst during the games. He's candid, in touch with what is going on in the game and funny. I think he was spot in in his criticism of the officiating and how they overreact in many situations. I also like how he explains what is leading up to guys scoring etc.

3. Brap

Brap Starter

I think any team with Nelson and Vince Carter being a backcourt duo is never going to win a championship. I don't think EITHER of those guys has ever gotten it.

I'm also, like you, not a huge Howard fan. As I've posted before, I think he plays like a spoiled kid - complete with mugging with the fans and being goofy when he should be focused. I also think he's a lousy offensive player. When the ball is thrown inside to him, and he starts making his usually ineffective post moves, resulting him finding a way to shot put the ball towards the hole from way to far a distance with his incredibly bad touch, I cringe.

It's time to stop pretending that he's anywhere near the all-time greats at his position.

4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The Lakers are 44 million over the cap and the C's are 37 or so million over it. The Pistons were clipping coupons and scooping up soda cans from The Palace parking lot for the bottle deposit during their run.

More and more as time passes the Pistons failure to do more looks like a result of ownership/management and not the players. They were (and probably still are) a bare bones, skeleton team. (Now I'm getting angry!)

I guess in some way we should be proud. The C's didn't play in back to back Finals and the Lakers might make their 3rd straight appearance only because they play in that weak Flip Saunders Conference.

5. max

max All-Star

Exactly. They are a mickey mouse team only built for the reg season and I honestly do not know how they win so many games there. Who could possibly think that Vince Carter was going to put you over the top.

I was hoping for them to win just so that there could be a game 7 on Sunday.

6. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

They win because all the teams around the league believe all the hype about howard so they double team him and leave shooters open all over the court, every team that plays them straight up wins against them save the odd game where they shoot out of there minds.

If Ben had come into the league with as much fanfare and was forced the ball as much I think Ben could have been a 15 point a game scorer, and we all know he's a hell of alot better defender and rebounder.

7. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Agree. They are built for the regular season. I am not a Vince fan...just like Jamison, they choke when it really matters. Jameer is okay, but their need a backup. Howard needs a dominant player beside him because his offensive game is so limited. Now Hedo wants out of Toronto because the fans hurt his feelings...what a baby. Orlando needed Hedo's skills this series.

I am so rooting for the Suns..Nash will not let me down. I just know it.
    GO SUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I thought those guys did a great job calling the series. There was a level of honesty there you don't often hear.

9. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I agree. I liked the commentary. They might both be coaching next year.

10. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

That's complete bull crap. Most teams cannot single cover Dwight Howard, because he will destroy them. That's legit. Of the top of my head the two teams that can guard him straight up are the Celtics and Lakers. The two teams who happen to (more than likely) be playing in the Finals. The Bobcats did a great job on him by swarming him. Him being bigger, stronger, & faster works against a majority of the league. The fear of single covering Dwight is real. Let him get easy offensive buckets and you lose momentum and allow him to play much more calm and effectively than when he's frustrated.

Fact is, Dwight Howard is the best rebounder and post defender in the league. We clown his offensive game because it's so poor for a player with such gifts. Ben Wallace's offensive game was clowned because he just didn't have one, we didn't expect better from him. That's what everyone expects from Dwight. He's compared to legends more than his peers, what does that tell you?

And Orlando deserves credit. They've done damn well over the last two seasons to be just a "regular season" team.

Celtics, save two games, have been excellent these last 3 weeks. They are no doubt playing championship basketball. Even Nate Robinson has contributed.

11. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Did I mention....

Let's Go Celtics! KG all day and twice on Sunday!

12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

:yellowprison:

13. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Well written. Howard is getting pretty much crap for a guy being the best center in the league imo.

14. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

[Flanders]Diddly poo?[/Flanders] :nerd2:

15. max

max All-Star

Live by the 3 and die by the 3. Plus I think Vangundy really gets the most out of that team during the season. Pair them against a playoff savy team who is playing well like the Celts and they don't have a chance of winning best of 7.

16. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

That is one reason why I started to think that Rivers may indeed be a decent coach.