2010 East Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Apr 17, 2010.

1. max

max All-Star

Yes, and I would love to see that happen tonight.
  2. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

The best case scenario would ofcourse be a James chase down block followed by a 3p buzzer beater to seal the win for Cavs! :MusicBigGrin:

Make this a 7 game series!

[​IMG]
  3. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

LeBron is going to destroy the Celtics. Will Mike Brown continue to play Shaq and Z and kill the team though is the real question.
  4. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

I wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs, with their back against the wall, win game 6. Most of the time players like LeBron have great games after poor shooting games, just to prove everyone wrong. Just hope it doesn't work out that way tonight. I hope the Celtics win and then i will rewatch that game over and over and over again, just to see the look on LeBron's and everyone in the Cavs organisation's faces.
  5. linwood

linwood All-Star

I fully expect LeBron to get to the line 30 times in Boston.
  6. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

You are so right, but it will be more like 35.
  7. linwood

linwood All-Star

Even better. Maybe Garnett and Pierce will foul out, then Rasheed will get a tech and be ejected from the game.

I will be so disapointed if the refs give this game to the King.
  8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm watching this game. It is very stressful. You can see why Boston beat us, and why we couldn't get over the hump. We defended well, but we didn't get out and run under Flip. Boston gets up the court tout suite.

I think if someone boxed my ears and I covered one eye, Stuckey would look as good as Rondo.

Sheed looks embarrassingly bad. I don't know that we could have got more out of him than we got that last year under Curry.

I want LBJ defeated just so I don't have to hear about his elbow again.
  9. NYPistonFan729

Sheed looks very bad...doesnt seem to fit in with celts,,,if the cavs win tonight..i wil not watch another playoff game.
  10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nobody wins. If the Cavs lose all you will hear about is the elbow.
  11. roscoe36

One quarter to go. I never thought I would say this in my life, but GO CELTS!
  12. NYPistonFan729

I think Sheed may have heard us Roscoe...he is playing better in the second half.
  13. roscoe36

Yup, Sheed has redeemed himself. No one is happier than me to see him hit a big shot in crunch time. :)
  14. NYPistonFan729

Lebron acting with class this time....but it is still very satisfying to see him eat crow...especially after 2007. Go Orlando!!
  15. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Lebron loses again. Yep, I'm so spoiled. :pound:
  16. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Cavs go down - all is right with the world. The Cavs just lay down and quit.

The new-york-knicks chant was priceless.
  17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well first of all we cannot blame this series loss on Lebron. The Celtics played team offense with Rajon running the show better than anyone on the Cavs team. The Celtics played team defense and as someone said they triple teamed Lebron, double teamed Mo Williams and the rest of the Cavs could not shoot or hold on to the ball even when they were left alone.

Even tonight, Lebron was just one turnover short of a quadruple double after getting a triple double in the key categories. Mo showed up in the first half, but disappeared in the second half and Antwan Jamison and old azz Shaq just took up space out there tonight.

If anyone needs to go it is Mike Brown who had Shaq out there to long, and his preparedness for this series was not up to par of the Celtics. The worst thing about the Cavs losing this early is that now we have six to eight weeks while ESPN brings a story every night on what uniform will Lebron suit up in next year. Just think if he had taken off that jersey and thrown it in the stands as he exited the arena, they would have had more discussion on that than did on the actual game. His best bet IMO is to stay with the Cavs or come out here to play with the Clippers:)

If he goes to another team in the east>, Nets, Knicks, Heat or Bulls those will be just one more additional team that the Pistons will be looking up to as I am certain a couple of those teams will sign another biggie to go with him.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Man, what a response by the Celtics after Lebron cut it to 4! 10-0 run which pretty much sealed it.

Some real nice loose ball fights and old school defense being played. The refs interfered a little too much for most of the game, but they were good at the end.
  19. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Forgive me, it's a little off topic but I've been wondering:

Is it just mad rumor that if LeBron James signs with one of the teams in the New York (including New Jersey) market, LA market or Chicago market that Nike will give him a $100,000 million dollar bonus? This story was floating around a few years ago and there was all this speculation that LeBron's commitment to becoming a "global icon" might necessitate him choosing from the Knicks, Nets, Lakers, Clippers and Bulls. I haven't heard anything about it lately but I remember this was a very big story some time ago. Maybe it was the equivalent of an urban myth or maybe not. Just wondering if any of you remember this Nike incentive to get him in a bigger market to sell their shoes and merchandise.
  20. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

i think James is the best front runner in the game, but I don't think he can take a shot and respond.... you can't let him get rolling or ahead.... but if you make him work for everything he doesn't know how to deal.

He is paying the price for not going to college if you ask me. He has the talent to be the best player ever, but I don't think he has ever learned how to fight.

And did you all see how they just gave up. they had over a min to go in the game and didn't foul, got the ball back and walked the ball up, no rushing....

they got body shocked by the celtics, and just melted... 60 plus wins two years in a row and didn't make the finals either year.....