2010 East Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Apr 17, 2010.

1. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I remember that story floating around.. but its been ages since I have heard a peep about it. but your right in saying you heard it.

Jordon did pretty well selling shoes from chicago and they weren't exactly the center of the universe before Jordon made it the center of the basketball universe.
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Wanna bet? I got to get a picture on here of my son in his toddler size Celtic Sheed jersey I bought him for Christmas.

LBJ displayed quite a bit of class in defeat tonight. I think I dislike and enjoy watching Mo Williams flame out more anyway.

Did anyone else catch Big Baby angrily yelling I f'd up! I f'd up to his bench tonight? That was awesome.

Going off the cuff, but I think the C's will take O-Town next round.

The New York Knicks (and all the chants) were organized by Bill Simmons.
  3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I do love seeing Sheed do well. But I would much rather see him do well as a Piston. In any case, Sheed gives me an interest in continuing to tune in occasionally to the playoffs.
  4. max

max All-Star

LBJ shook hands after the game. I wonder what that means, if anything, for his pending free agency.

This was huge. All the 60+ win seasons and all they have to show for it was that one year when they were swept in the Finals after beating us.

I tend to forget that Sheed is on Celts given the small role he plays there.
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Which is the reason I didn't cheer for him.....he punked us those last two seasons IMO not to mention hugging and mugging with KG in the 2008 ECF, and ignoring Flip's coaching in the 2007 ECF when LeBron ran through us.

Yeah he played 343 less minutes for the Celtics this year or 22.5 mpg vs the 32.1 he played with the Pistons in 2008-09, but he still managed to the get to the FT line and get 24 more shots and made 14 more ft than 3 pointers. It was well documented last year that he was getting off more three balls than free throws.

The games I saw him this year he still took his customary three balls, but with pierce and Allen taking threes, he stepped in and played in the middle when KG and big Baby were out and Perkins was in foul trouble. More inside work than I saw in the last two seasons with the Pistons.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

LBJ shaking hands just means that he has grown a little. I saw a little bit of his post game presser and seemed OK with the loss....surprised a little though. He probably should have played with a little more effort in games 2 and 4 and if his team mates would have stepped up they could have won this series in 5.

Mike Brown is the new Flip......he gets his team to the playoffs five years in a row including two straight 60+ wins and two 50 win seasons and loses in the finals, once in the ECF and three times in the eastern conference semi finals. If he had been working for Joe/the late Mr D, he would be gone..... And based on the look on Dan Gilberts face on Tuesday I would say Mikey is history...He never got his team off the snide or in rhythm after game 1.
  7. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Now it's apparent for everyone that Stern wants to see Rondo win it. Small time teams like the Cavs just can't beat both the ref and the Celts.

Just kidding, now I'm on the Celtics bandwagon. Or the Magic. Or the Suns. NEW YORK KNICKS! NEW YORK KNICKS! NEW YORK KNICKS!
  8. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think that deer-in-the-headlights-mouthpiece-cud-chewing look from LBJ was when he finally realized he wasn't going to get a foul called just by running near the basket. In that game five against Detroit a few years ago he would have shot ten more free throws and removed a bunch of FGAs from his denominator. And even better, the refs called fouls on him. And even the occasional travel.

Can you believe the way JVG and MJ were tearing into LBJ and the Cavs last night? All deserved I think, but still not what you usually hear. I think all of the old vets thought the Cavs pre-game antics were pretty embarrassing and it sure sounded like Jackson had been biding his time for an opportunity to comment. Frankly though I couldn't believe the Cavs just gave up with a minute left either.

Now to get the imposter Magic out of the way and all will be well.

@Aurora - The Nike big market bonus was reported pretty widely and pretty reputably when he signed that last contract. I think there are some bucks on the table to be had and that LBJ has played his last game in a Cleveland uni.
  9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yes.
    LeBron's new Nike deal won't pay him more if he signs with Knicks - NYPOST.com
    Did you see Anthony Parker's trip to the foul line late in the game? He made the second free throw to bring Boston's lead down to about 7 or 8 with a few minutes left (still well within the realm of possibility). Then on the inbounds, he conducted a one-man full court press while the rest of the team waltzed back to their spots. Just one indication to me that LeBron (i.e. the team) had given up.

[​IMG]
  10. max

max All-Star

The Truth. Its also not the ECF yet either so we will see. Difference could be KG getting in anyone face who is not bringing it. I don't know.
  11. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, it looked like [strike]Uno Uno[/strike] Big Baby wanted to be somewhere else when Garnett kept giving it to him on the bench. He was in his face literally. :pound:
  12. max

max All-Star

Thats the way MJ was in his time. I think teams need their team captain to take control like that in the playoffs.
  13. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

It was just bizarre how LeBron just quit. It seemed like this was too difficult for him. It seemed he was already thinking about the future and just going through the motions.

Even though I hated that guy since he was drafted, I hereby declare that I'm officially on the Rondo bandwagon.

I'm also starting to have a tad more respect for Doc. He seemed to do a good job of keeping the team focused last night.

The key thing was the Celtics played with the focus and determination of a champion. The Cavs, starting with LeBron, were the lost generation brat who didn't want to play anymore because somebody was making them actually work hard to get their trophy.
  14. dba

Couldn't agree more.

Switch Rondo and Mo Williams and the Cavs move on and the Celtics fade away. Easily the series MVP.

Doc, yes, but there is also that little guy in a suit who is always chasing him around on the sideline telling him what to say. I think he's the guy who designs their defenses, and just kicked butt in this series.

In the end, when it came down to do-I-try-hard-and-maybe-still-lose or do-I-lay-back-and pretend-I-don't-care-that-much, the Cavs opted for the latter from their leader on down. The Celtics could see the blood in the water.
  15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

For a guy with a limited jumper and poor free throw shooting, Rondo is a pretty special player. I think KG played well also.

It's fun seeing how the talent stacking by the Cavs backfired on them. Shaq looked like Oliver Miller on thorazine and Antwan Jamison was completely a non-factor. That Cavs team was deep, but as long as everything runs through Lebron it is too easy to take the other 4 guys out of the game and force Lebron to make all of the plays himself.
  16. max

max All-Star

Cavs just could never build a team for the playoffs. How good can Jamison be if he was the starting PF on a team that only won 15 games every year.
  17. dba

True. But I thought he was better than he showed.

Used to think.
  18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Shaq was a bad addition.
  20. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick