2010 East Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

The Celtics is starting to look pretty good now come play off time. We have a saying in swedish "He showed them that the old is the oldest" which sounds pretty awful in english. :pound:It means something like "You can't beat experience" and it seems like the Celtics is becoming serious contenders now. Even Rasheed had a good game and really got under Howards skin and Allen was clutch when it mattered.
  2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The imposters go down. Lucky to have made it close.
  3. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Sheed took his kryptonite with him I see..... As much as I have hated the Celtics over the years.... for some reason I find myself rooting for them this year.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It is hard to cheer for the Celts for anyone who grew up watching the Bad Boys play. They were our #1 rival. We were lucky to have 3 major rivals concurrently, the Celts, Lakers and Bulls. Today, teams are lucky if they have one rivalry.

Still, the Celtics play old fashioned basketball, smash mouth hard nose Eastern Conference style, so it is easy to cheer for that sort of play.

Sheed will earn his paycheck this season against Howard. You gotta imagine that Dwight has nightmares about him.
  5. round

yep, heck when we had the 4 members of the allstar and paul was the 5th I was like hell no.... i don't want him associated with the pistons in anyway just because of him being a celtic.
  6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Nice coverage of Sheed's play against the Magic:
    NBA.com: 'Instigator' Wallace finally getting job done

7. max

max All-Star

I know what you mean. One thing that make the Celts a little more bearable is Ray Allen, I have always liked Allen. Plus Celts fans know how to act in the playoffs which is nice.
  8. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Perk and Sheed did a great job on Dwight. It wasn't just that he was missing shots, in the 2nd half he wasn't passing out of the post at all. They started to score when they stopped force feeding the ball in to Dwight. I understand the idea of trying to make a team pay for single coverin~, but when it's working you have to switch.

I think the Magic come out guns blazing in Game 2. Barnes is one of those players who can set the tone through his hustling and his back really looked to be bothering him. I wonder if they start JJ or "Peaches" on Tues.

The Celtics absolutely look like a machine.
  9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

This might be the greatest article of all time.

I don't know what is wrong with me, but man do I love watching Sheed move his feet on D. Too bad that doesn't show up in the box score.

Wallace makes his big presence felt - The Boston Globe

10. round

I just love how the Pistons get no credit for anything... as this morning I listen to how not the Pistons but the Bobcats figured out how to stop Howard and how it was there play that has led to Boston's defense sets......

Has nobody watched how the Pistons have made Howard look very average at best the last 4 years..... We didn't have the horses to do it this year but even Max for limited mins was defending Howard one on one and nobody in the league has done a better job on him then the Pistons did for years.

Doc isn't Dumb.... he followed our blueprint and brought in one of its best pieces.

Add to what is one of the best Defensive teams in the league when healthy, unless they wear out physically there going to beat the magic down like a machine.
  11. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

One thing the Magic have going for them is that they are not dependant on Howard scoring in order for them to win. The same can't be said for the Cavs and LeBron.

From the C's point though, individually it must feel a little like a day off covering the Magic's wings after going against LBJ.

Rashard Lewis is no defensive force by any means, but in 1 game he showed just how bad a defender Jamison is.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

WOW!!!

Is there any remaining questions on who the switch was on the Pistons?
  13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Absolutely. It ocurred to me the other day that the sportswriters all seem confused about why the Celtics sleepwalked to the playoffs and then kicked it into high gear. They just "flipped the switch" is all.
  14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The way the Celtics have turned up the D these past few games, I am still thinking that Tom Thibedeau would still have been the better coaching choice for the Pistons if Joe wanted to keep our defensive identity alive...:stirthepot:

Just a thought...
  15. Brap

Brap Starter

I've never been overly impressed by Vince Carter or Howard. Carter has been an underachiever in terms of his team play and clutch-ness his whole career. And there is a lot - too much - missing from Howard's game to be considered one of the best centers of all time. He's just not in that league. First, his offensive game is pathetic. Second, there's something about his lack of seriousness.

I was watching the game tonight with under 5 minutes to go - I think it was somewhere around 2 minutes to go actually. Coming out of a timeout, the camera was on Howard who was yucking it up with the home town fans. One of his players had to pull him away from his preening and talk to him and point to what position he was supposed to be in and what his assignments were for the play. I thought it was so incredibly unprofessional and just so damned unfocused. Howard really wants to be funny and goof around. IMO, that's more important to him than winning. Then I compare him to guys like KG and Pierce and Rondo and just about anyone on the Celtics, and they just want to win so damn badly that it puts Howard to shame.
  16. max

max All-Star

Rhondo is carrying them now. Sheed had 6 points, 1 board and played some D in his 17 mins. If he played like that back in our run then we would have lost.

For some reason I am still rooting for the Celts. Going up 2-0 on the road is huge. Not saying its over but its looking pretty good for the Celts getting back to the Finals.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I didn't really mind seeing Vince Quitter choke his brains out on his critical free throws. Other than that, I was rooting for the Magic.

That game was a great game though overall. Hard defense and some physical old-school basketball.
  18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Did he show up tonight on offense?? Tell me how a guy who averaged 22 ppg just three years scored only 5 pts tonight on 6 shots??

All of a sudden I think the Magic are missin Hedo....
  19. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Huge choke by Magic in the last minute. Vince failed when it counted most and JJ Hickson made a horrible play after KG's miss.

Stick a fork in this one.

It's Lakers-Celtics again.
  20. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

It's not that the Magic are bad. The Celtics are good. :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: