1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

2010 East Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Apr 17, 2010.

1. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The imposters go down again. I used to think it was mostly Van Gundy, who seems clueless about substitutions and rotations most of the time (not to mention offense), but I'm now starting to fully realize how dumb the Magic really are. The highest basketball IQ on the Magic wouldn't break the top six on the Celtics.

Nothing I saw this morning talked about Carter's hand. He was clearly favoring it after whacking it on the floor when he fell in the 4th. I don't think he took two dribbles in a row with that hand the rest of the game. I also wonder if Howard's foul gets upgraded to a flagrant two today. There was no attempt to play the ball.

The Celtics win again without any consistency among their top four. Rondo and Pierce were 18-32 but Allen and Garnett only shot 6-22. If all four ever shoot close to 50% in a game, watch out.

2. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

The Magic would be a better team plus Hedo and minus Vince.

3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Nope, the role of Tayshaun Prince is now being played by Rashard Lewis.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

5. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Roscoe - :pound:

The eastern finals is over now. I would be surprised if the Magic manage to take this to six games. Fisher is gonna have some serious problems with Rondo.

6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Ain't that the sad truth.

7. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

@ Rascoe, that karate thing was cool. :MusicBigGrin:

But I really wish the magic would take out Boston. (That is one GREEN team I usually root against).

9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't like the Celts org. I don't like Danny Ainge. I sorta like Doc Rivers a little.

I couldn't stand Garnett, but now that I see him playing hard as an old man, I respect him. He's not a clown like Shaq.

I'm ok with Sheed winning a title because it would help validate our run as his legacy grows.

I was always partial to Jesus Shuttlesworth, off and on about Pierce, and I really like Rondo. And Perkins' scowly faces.

They play hard, they are physical and dirty, and they talk trash. Swap the uniforms, and I would be proud to have those Celtics as Pistons.

So go Celts!

10. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, say what you want about the Celtics but no one can claim that they are not the real deal.

11. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yep. I agree, Rascoe. I hate the organization, but I don't have anything against the current players. So a uniform change and I'm fine with them too.

But I am still rooting for the Magic. :) But I like Boston over the Kobes.

12. Ernie the Slow Adult

I think this years Celtics team is devoid of all the chest pounding etc of the past few years.

Rondo (and to a much lesser extent Perkins) has kept the C's from turining into 07-08ish Pistons sluggish, old team.

13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

My wife can't stand Paul Pierce. I have no idea why, because I didn't even know she knew Paul Pierce's name until she told me that the other day. She doesn't know any of the other players, but she knows that she doesn't like Paul Pierce.

14. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I can never root for anything Boston, but I do like Ray Allen, Sheed and Doc Rivers. Can't stand that punk Garnett...can't stand him. I like the fact that they play dirty and physical. The NBA should be proud of them. However, I am rooting for the Magic. Cant root for LA. The Magic is my only hope. Vince (Mr. Clutch) never ceases to amaze me. He and his brother-in-law Antwan Jamieson are choke artists.

15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Don't the Magic have that punk J.J. Redick though?

16. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

You are right....punks on both sides. Still cant root for Celtics.

17. max

max All-Star

Seems like every team who is not yours is annoying. Matter of picking the least annoying one.

When we played the Magic I found their fans extremely annoying - I suppose its like that for every opposing teams fans when you are playing them.

Just something about the Celts - I don't know because I was really hoping they would lose in the 1st round. But now for some reason I find myself rooting for them. Maybe its that underdog factor or the way they play or the fact that Howard and co complain about every dang call. I can't stand that. It's just like a 7' LBJ.

18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't like the Celtics either, but would rather see them win the whole thing than the Kobes. Come on Magic show some heart and please make a comeback....

19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I simply am rooting for Sheed, a favorite player of mine. I know a lot of people have dissed him over this and that - but you will not find many centers in this league I would choose over him. He is tough on defense, can score inside and out, and flat out knows the game. Yeah, he is getting older. (And yes, I am still bitter about Dumars not managing to keep the guy - since he accepted way less to play for Boston than he was making here. For what Boston is paying him, he is an absolute bargain.)

20. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

I love the Celtics. Nothing to dislike about them for me personally. Garnett has been my favorite player for well over a decade now, I love Pierce's offensive game (aside from the acting), and I've been on the Rondo bandwagon since 07. But man, I really wanted to Orlando put up more of a fight. I still want them to push it to 7.

Plus, if you like Rodney Stuckey you should love Tony Allen. They have similar struggles around the basket.

I like JJ. He can shoot and he plays hard. Maybe it's the lack of "Duke" on his chest, but I find myself rooting for him everytime.