2010 East Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Apr 17, 2010.

1. max

max All-Star

Life is too short to carry grudges - especially over x-pistons. I think Sheed needs to be on a winning team in the playoffs, it would have been a disaster keeping him with that year we had.

2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Getting rid of Posey made it possible for me to like the Celts. He was the nexus of the dirty play - without him they're a lot easier to take. I don't really care all that much about the organization - what's happening to Ainge's hair is all the revenge I'd ever need against him.

3. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Agree with all of this. Change the Rondo bandwagon to 09 and it's identical to my thoughts.

4. max

max All-Star

Ray Allen made them bearable for me. Plus I am starting to appreciate Rhondo. I like it when guys like him rise past all the hyped up players to become a star.

5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think it is a borderline miracle that Redick can contribute in games by being more than a spot up/catch and shoot player. He really has improved and makes it tough not to root for him.

He gives Rip the same problems he has been causing for Allen.

6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

This is a very good point. You could (almost) stomach the antics from KG and Pierce in '08, but it was the Posey, House and Perkins of the world that spun it out of control.

Some of the C's defensive philosophy has been dictated by the fact that they're going against Shaq and Howard and I guess even LeBron, but has there been a team in the flagrant foul era that has played no lay-up D more effectively than them this year? They haven't been called for 1 flagrant foul in the last 2 rounds.

7. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I forgot about House - yeah, he was hard to take. Tony Allen is a lot more fun. He was a great pickup for them.

Perkins also seems a lot less thuglike like these days, perhaps just getting away from Posey. I'm coming to like the killer scowl.

8. Mogilny

The thuglike plays is what makes me like those guys. Maybe it's because I don't have any basketball background at all (I mean playing myself) but come from a hockey background (where my favourite player is Pronger, usually voted the most hated player by peers in the NHL). However, ofcourse there is a line for the kind of thuglike plays I approve of, like the stupid stuff McSorley and Simon did (hit guys in the head with the stick etc) but I guess it's a bit further away than most of you guys. My general rule is that if it might cause a serious injury then I don't approve since I don't want to see people get hurt, no matter who they are.

9. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

You guys have hit on two of the reasons I like the Celtics now...(no House or Posey)...of course neither one of them was half as irritating as Antoine Walker. And Rondo has improved so much that he is riveting to watch.

10. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I don't like Celtics, I don't like Boston, anyone who joint them will be erased from my list of favor automatically except for Tony Allen.

11. max

max All-Star

In Hockey they wear helmets and other padding to protect the players. This is why I was not too down on the NBA cracking down. 20 years ago it was getting to the point where they either had to change the rules or start issuing protective head ware.

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'd lean in favor of the headwear.

At least facemask requirements.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

How could you forget?
    [​IMG]

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The all-goggles team is also legendary.

15. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I agree with Lee. I simply want Sheed to win. I don't like the Boston Celtics at all, but I Love Sheed and I guess I have to admit they do not get on my nerves as much as they used to. Rondo I never could freakin stand, but have to say he's playing great. Garnett I always thought was a big time jerk, doesn't seem so much so now. PP I always thought was over-rated, I don't know, maybe its because I've watched all their playoff games and any I could catch during the season because Sheed was there, I find myself not hating on them like I used to. Big Baby I still can't stomach, when he was jumping around like a big boob last night, please. For some reason I do like Tony Allen, not sure exactly why. And Ray Allen never bothered me. But I keep my focus on Rasheed, I miss him big time....

16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

When Pierce is hot, he is one of the best scorers I have ever seen.

17. Mogilny

Agree, that guy is The Truth for real. Wouldn't mind if we draft a player like that. :)

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The Pistons don't have a single player who would start for Boston. That's a realization I had today when thinking about what we need to get back to the top.

We need to add 5 guys who are better than the best that we currently have and we'll be right in the hunt.

19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We almost did..check out the 1998 NBA Draft when we had the 11th pick...I prayed like heck that Pierce would be there for us and guess what?? He was picked at # 10 by the Celtics and we got Bonzi Wells and he never played a minute for us getting traded to Portland Trailblazers mid season for two perennial losers who also never suited up in a Piston uniform named Scoonie Penn and Jumaine Jones who in turn was traded with Scot Pollard to the Hawks for Laetner. It was the end of teal and obviously the GM's prior to Dumars were clueless for a couple of years....

1998 NBA Draft | Basketball-Reference.com

20. max

max All-Star

How many from the 04-06 Pistons would be starting on Boston if playing now? I am thinking maybe just Sheed or Ben.

What does that say? I don't know.