2010 Fantasy Football season discussion and trash talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by webz, Aug 30, 2010.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Peyton is completing more passes to San Diego than to either of our guys. :pound:

Good luck!
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Playoff time. Is anybody here???

Next week the playoffs start. Looks like I'm going to back in and take the last (6th) spot. I'm up 4 on Webz, but he still has a kicker playing tonight and will get at least 8 I would imagine. Doesn't matter for me. I'll either be 7-6 and in 6th place or 6-7 and still in 6th place. The rest of the 6-7 teams will have less points than me so I'm in. Either way I still suck.

I should have made a trade for a running back just a little bit sooner annd I would have had a chance in the playoffs. But time ran out. Such is the fantasy world.

Depending on some outcomes tonight I will find out which team is going to hammer me next week.It won't be Laimbeer or Jammer.You guys were even worse than me.

Oh man, my first draft pick was the worst ever. I didn't realize he was from the WAC (Ryan Matthews) and couldn't compete in the big leagues.

It looks like the top 5 teams are going to do some jockeying based on the game tonight. Should be interesting for you guys.

Enjoy. It is looking like an NFL lockout next year. :(
  3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I got in last year 6-7 and lost by 2 pts to a sound team.
    This year I have a winning record and a win over a winning team. My team impressed me !
  5. Darth Tater

Beating Laimbeer and Jammer is not impressive, if you ask me My team did that too plus I beat two teams with winning records. I still am not impressed with my suck wads.

Didn't you predict my team would come in last? I believe you and I ended up 5th and 6th respectively and both made the playoffs.

Hard luck team of the year was Bill Laimbeer. Everyone had a career week and scored at least 150 points when they played him. He deserved a better record...not that I feel sorry for him...
  6. coynejeremy

Sounds like he needs a better defense.
  7. coynejeremy

It probably wouldn't shock you to hear that Chris Johnson led my team in fantasy points this week. What might surprise you is to hear that he lead the team while scoring a whopping 6.70 points.

Shockingly, my abysmal 38.44 fantasy points against Jammertime this week was not a league-low. That honor still belongs to...Jammertime who in week 11 accumulated a 32.24 point total against The Runner Ups. I don't feel half as bad anymore! :pound::pound::pound:
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

yes I did predict you in last place but you heeded the warnings with those 200 moves we discussed and made great improvements
  9. Darth Tater

Here are the top 3 movers. You made the most. :MusicBigGrin:

Thee 46

Darth 44

Lambs 42

My best moves were Vick and Lloyd. I made some really stupid moves with the running backs I picked up and then dropped (I think you grabbed one).

I was watching the Eagles game and Kolb got hurt. I told my kid "Damn. He is on my fantasy team". So my kid asked "Do you have Vick"? So I ran to the computer and got him.:) But really, I had Phil Rivers anyhow so I wish it was a running back I grabbed because my team still is not good.

First round exit for Darth coming up.
  10. BillLaimbeer

Looks like it just happened to me again this week. Danny Woodhead with a 50-yard run to give Sweden the 105-101 victory. I'm going to focus my efforts on beating Jammer in the 11th place game.
  11. Darth Tater

LOL. 7-6 for Darth.

Webzie, your kicker only got one field goal and zero extra points so I edged you by a half point. It didn't change anything for me but it moved TFD ahead of you. So you went from 4th to 5th and he went 5th to 4th which again makes absolutely no difference because you still play each other...except he has home field...which doesn't exist either. Actually none of this exists. Well, it does exist because we play the game but it doesn't exist because...Oh, never mind. :MusicBigGrin:
  12. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Wow, didn't think I'd pull off this one! You are the inverse Wolverines, I have managed to come out just on top all season long so far. Beginners luck well spent! :MusicBigGrin:
  13. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sure, laugh it up, but what you guys DON'T know is that I entered this season with the intention of it being a "re-building" year.

While the W-L record looks bad, the Jammerville Jammers didn't enter this season concerned with the standings. We looked at improving in all facets of the game.

My young guys got some valuable development time and we'll be able to use the high draft pick to shore up some of our weaknesses.

Look out 2011!
  14. Darth Tater

Great strategy, Jammer. I'm certain it will work. Your guys are going to return to you next year because [STRIKE]nobody else is going to draft those scrub losers[/STRIKE]they surely bought into your ingenious philosophy!
  15. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thanks Tater, I knew you'd see the method of my madness.
  16. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

My team FINALLY decided to put up a decent showing this week when it didn't matter. Yup the Cowardly Lions lived up to their name this season.
  17. BillLaimbeer

I saw your method. I actually tried the same strategy. Man, we are going to have some good battles next year.
  18. coynejeremy

I'm financially dedicated to my fantasy basketball team. I didn't put enough into the football team this year. I think the players noticed and they quit on me. Yeah, I'll say it. They quit. They all want to go play in Miami for the Wolverines of Detroit. Or the Swedish Heat. Or something like that. But I'll say this: CJ's Coynesters will win a championship before those former self-proclaimed superstars!!!
  19. Darth Tater

Well, it sure almost helped me. I was rooting for you because I needed you to beat Favre in case I lost to Webz. Going into Monday I thought for sure I was going to lose to Webz, even though by some fluke Jets game, I slipped by him. Anyhow, based on your victory, I wasn't stressing on Monday.

Not that it matters because no matter who I play in the playoffs I am going to lose. But it's nice to be in the playoffs. After next week I will sit on the couch with Lambs and Jammer and be saying" please pass the popcorn" while watch eventual champion Mikhail and someone else...(not named TFD) :pound: battle it out.:pop2:
  20. Darth Tater

Yep. You will have your day. There is a league out there somewhere with your name on it.

Fantasygirlsbluegillfishing.com