1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

2010 Lions : Restore the Roar

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by BillLaimbeer, Jan 8, 2010.

1. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm not riled up in the least. I'm Canadian, we don't get riled up about anything! :MusicBigGrin:

I was just encouraging Oz to keep his responses on topic instead of name calling.

Sorry Tater, you'll have to keep trying. :stirthepot:

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

LOL, I was reading along, and I was like, DAMN Ozzie got a Canadian all wound up!

3. jammertime

Common guys, you should know me better than that.

A Matt Millen joke, soaking wet with a bowling ball AND the classic "have a nice day" all in the same post! I thought it was comedy gold! :pound:

4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Tsk. Tsk.

Relax, Jammer. Take deep breaths. Here, I got you something...

[​IMG]

Maybe you should consider taking another vacation. Remember your last one???

[​IMG]

5. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I saw Jammer's humor right away. I've never seen Ozark get riled up like that.
    That's what a football strike does to some of us come draft time...

6. jammertime

How could I forget it? I still have that image of you in the pool burned into my mind's eye. It has taken years of therapy for me to even be able to say the word pool again, and now you go and post that picture online.

7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I would recommend additional therapy. Your recent posts suggest that you are a very angry person who is prone to emotional outbursts...

8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

----------------------------
    Since you need to go Caveman on some one, I'll clarify.
    In a 3-4 you can put a NT in front of a tackle too. He's still the NT. A matchup thing.
    The Under Tackle usually plays the Center/Guard gap in a slightly cocked position.

9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

-----------------
    Just guessing.

10. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Listen, UT is a 4/3 DT ONLY! NT in a 4/3 is the big boy that takes on a double team, that was Dan Wilkerson years ago here, now it's Cory Williams/Sammie Lee Hill. Suh is the UT with Fluellen at times.

I don't pretend to know roundball, but I know positions enough in football to know that.

This is the real problem facing the Texans, Browns and Bronco's. The Browns especially since they were a 3/4 D for the last few years. They now HAVE to get new personnel up front and some of the players have to learn one-gap penetration which they never have done. Add that the Lockout is there, when are they going to learn? As a Lions fan, we don't have that problem, thank goodness! One-gap penetrators are not adept at 2 gapping. Dorsey in KC had a difficult time changing. Texans have a different problem, Mario has ALWAYS been a hand in the dirt rusher. Now he's got to stand up and drop back. Lions picked up Turk McBride because he couldn't be effective as a OLB in a 3/4.

Sorry for the fireworks.

11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I don't think I ever heard of a UT til Marinate got here. So I know it can't be that good/special.
    ------------
    As for the Browns as long as they have SRogers 4-3 should be fine. As for Mario he can't do it all himself. And I don't see him dropping back much. Maybe to the sideline.

12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

NFL.com has a good do-over draft for 2007. Might be worth your time.

13. jammertime

LINK for those interested in checking it out.

14. Nemo

15. jammertime

16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

But doing Theismann at the same time lessens the embarrassment.

17. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

The under tackle is the three technique in a Tampa two style 4-3. We still have a three technique in Schwartz's system. It's just not as pronounced. Schwartz runs an unusual 4-3; with the DEs lined up wide, in what's usually referred to as the 7, or even 8, technique. You almost have to think of it as a 2-5, with the outside linebackers with their hands in the dirt; rushing 90% of the time; occasionally dropping into the flat or the seam. Sometimes they drop Suh off of the line and it starts to look like a 1-6. It's kind of an amorphous defense. Still, football is football. You'll see the same guy playing different techniques depending on the call. He could be playing over the nose (0 technique), or cocked off of center (1 technique), right over the guard (2 technique), whatever.

Still, schemes are becoming so ridiculously specialized now a days. I remember when you could draft a great college guy and plug him into just about any defense; not anymore.

I'm really not liking this #13 spot. Does this spot make anyone else nervous, or is it just me? I would much rather get down into the late teens, and pick up an early second rounder. I like Amukamara, but not at #13. He feels like a #17-#20 type of guy. Truth be told, and I know that they have some red flags, but I would rather take Jimmy Smith or Ras-I Dowling at the top of the second.

A suprise guy that I could see the Lions targeting in the second is Dontay Moch. It's seems a little counter-intuitive, because he doesn't have the background in pass coverage that you would think that the Lions are looking for, and from what I've read, he projects more as a 3-4 end. But from the little film that I've seen on him, he reminds me more than a bit of Koa Misi, and the Lions loved him last year. I'll tell this about Moch; he gets down hill and really thumps guys. Who knows?

I like Mason Foster, and I've seen him play quite a bit (I spent most of the Fall in Seattle), but I like him as a 3rd/4th round guy. As for Bruce Carter, you can't deny his physical talent, but something about him makes me nervous.

It should be an interesting draft.

18. Nemo

Agreed...I would take Jimmy Smith with the 13th and hope he's ready as a person...:stirthepot:

19. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Thank you J-Train.

20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Yeah these radio guys try to be quite with their numbering systems. 11 personell 12 personell. Single back or [fullback and halfback].
    ------------
    PS there are no 13th floors in high-risers. So our pick could be 14th with no 13th pick. Whatever works for you.