2010 Prediction: How many Piston wins?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BillLaimbeer, Oct 27, 2009.

?

How many games will the Pistons win?

Poll closed Nov 10, 2009.
  1. 29 or less

1.8%
  2. 30-33

5.3%
  3. 34-37

15.8%
  4. 38-41

26.3%
  5. 42-45

29.8%
  6. 46-49

10.5%
  7. 50-53

7.0%
  8. 54-57

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 58 or more

3.5%
  1. max

max All-Star

If 25% of all remaining games are on the road out west against contenders in 4 game in 5 night paces then our 5-9 record is a fairly accurate descriptor of the final season record.
  2. Rocastle

Rocastle Bench Warmer

I'll go with a 45 win season.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I still missed the 11/10 cutoff so my vote didn't get in. With that being said although Joe didn't make the blockbuster trade, the injuries to Tay and Rip have affected the overall scheme of things. We might be better in the long run with them missing so many games as now coach Q gets a better idea of how the rooks can play and what he can expect and not expect out of Stuckey and Bynum, whenever they come back.

I am thinking that the current record could in fact be in fact flipped and we could be 9-5 now instead of 5-9 if both had not missed any games.

I still see no more than 38 victories...please prove me wrong Pistons
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

-
    The one who picked less than 29 is looking strong now.
    But these scrappers could pull it together for a 8 game win streak.
  5. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

Can't really say till Rip and Tay are back, after what I've seen so far and assuming that when everyone is healthy this team will be better, a record just under .500 seems right.
  6. Kidstealth

Kidstealth First Round Draft Pick

True, but I see us beating up our division. No one really scares me. We had a very tough road trip and on top of it not a lot of rest. What was it, four games in 5 nights? Against top notch competition.

I don't think of that as an excuse, because I thought we played up to them most of the time and excluding the Phoenix game.

Once everyone gets more comfortable with each other I think we can run with anyone.

I really liked our mental toughness and not lying down when we were down big. That is an improvement over last year.
  7. LA Dre

Well we are already 5 games behind the Cavs and 4 behind the powerful Bucs..:)....and the 11th seed in the conference. Other than the Twolves and Nets 13 games losing streak, we have the next worst losing streak at 5 and that could be pushed to 6 by Thanksgiving. I hope we can start running with the other teams by December other wise 35 wins at most still looms IMHO.... as I said before, please Pistons~~ prove me wrong....
  8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

So, you're still thinking 50-53 wins? :)
  9. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

So... whose looking good in the draft this year? :nerd2:
  10. LA Dre

Don't know right now but if it is going to be a top 5 pick, I am not sure if we should put it all in Joe's hands to make the pick:stirthepot:.

Should be a season long analysis and consensus of the PF forum, so we all need to be paying close attention to the college bb season this season.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Here is a bad fact:
    Only 3 teams in the entire NBA have a worse record than the Pistons right now: The Knicks, the Nets, and the Timberwolves.

Our winning percentage (.313) is lower than Kwame Brown's free throw percentage (.385). That flat ugly topspinnning brick has a better chance of finding net than the Pistons do of winning. :cold:

Will Bynum's 3-point percentage is higher and half of those are airballs.

Here are some other stats through 16 games that seem out of whack.

Our defense gives up a lot of free throws. On a percentage basis, we give up the highest ratio of FT/FGA at .289. The Hawks are at .190 for comparison. On an absolute basis, we have given up the 2nd most free throws per game at 28.6 and commited the 2nd most fouls.

This is a big reason why our defensive rating (points allowed per 100 possessions) is now 21st in the league. So don't kid yourself and think that our defense is a strength right now. The ppg allowed is purely because of our snail's pace. We are still 30th in the league with 87.4 possessions per game.

The Nets are the only team with fewer assists than us.

We are the 3rd worst FT shooting team percentage wise with a .722 average. This is terrible considering how many fouls BG, WB and RS draw and that they are good free throw shooters. If you back them out of the equation, our percentage must be horrific. It is actually .578!!!.

Most of the other stats show that we are in the middle of the pack, with certain variatons. The ones that are slightly positive are that we draw fouls well ourselves, we don't turn it over a ton, and we get a lot of offensive rebounds. The slight negatives are that we don't block shots, we get blocked a lot, and our FG% kinda sorta blows.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Currently tracking toward a 27-55 record. The scale on the poll did not go low enough it would seem.

Tally is looking like Nostradomus.
  13. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

36 - 22 the rest of the way and I'll be in the money.
  14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

58-0 is gangsta.
  15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If the season ended today, Nemo, TaShawn, and TheeTFD would be the winners.

The Pistons current winning percentage of 40.7% have them on pace to win 33 games.
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's sort of the same problem as we had with last year's poll. The team drastically changed due to injury while last year it changed due to the Billups trade after we made our predictions.

I will admit that part of my prediction didn't include injuries to Rip, Ben Gordon, Will Bynum, Tayshaun, or Charlie V's broken face.

In conclusion, the predictions are meaningless at this point.
  17. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

I disagree. Last year I included a note about the injury bug striking and that affecting our won / loss. I also factored in the fact that Curry would be less of a coach than Flip. That allowed me to be the closest in guessing the actual results.

This season has been about the fact that the team is still heading south as changes have been made. We've had injuries which have been a negative, but Ben Wallace has offset that with his inspirational play.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I just see ankle injuries in particular as being random.

We were a jumpshooting team in years past and were very injury free. Now, we are an attacking team on offense and have had a rash of injuries. However, our jump shooters are all injured (Rip, BenGo, and Tay). So, I think this is more bad luck than style of play generated.

If Stuckey, Bynum, Ben Wallace, and Maxiell were the injuries, then it would point to the brutalities of living in the paint.

I think one of Bynum's ankle sprains was caused by him backpeddling down the court and stepping on someone's foot behind him.
  19. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

Well...We're at 15-28 as of January 24th.
    We'll need to go 26-13 to hit the average wins prediction for this poll.
    The average projected wins was 41.
    15-28 projects out to be a 29 win season.

What happened???

We've had injuries, but the play of Big Ben and JJ have been a very pleasant surprise. I just don't see us any better than our record right now.
  20. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

to save may face - 38-41 wins - I confess, I greatly underestimated the strenght of rest of the NBA . :)