2010 Prediction: How many Piston wins?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BillLaimbeer, Oct 27, 2009.

?

How many games will the Pistons win?

Poll closed Nov 10, 2009.
  1. 29 or less

1.8%
  2. 30-33

5.3%
  3. 34-37

15.8%
  4. 38-41

26.3%
  5. 42-45

29.8%
  6. 46-49

10.5%
  7. 50-53

7.0%
  8. 54-57

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 58 or more

3.5%
  1. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

i WISH THIS POST CAN BE PUT ON THE pISTONS CHALKBOARD BECAUSE if these losers(Piston mgmt) think they have or are going to accomplish anything with players lacking the heart of a Ben Wallace ,they should be fired for trying to make fools out of real NBA fans. Karen Davidson reminds me of that owner in Major League. Too bad the team doesnt have their heart.
  2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Portland played 8 guys last night and have 209 missed player games to injury and still kicked our tails last night. I dont want to hear about no stinking injuries when we are on a home stand!!!!
  3. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I predicted 35-47...How could I have been so wrong?
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I really thought they would do better, but I think people are being kind of rough on them.

They were excellent for so many years. I don't know of any team in any sport that could keep up that kind of winning for so many years without a down time or rebuilding phase. (Yeah, I'm sure some smart Azz can come up with an exception or two to this rule so don't waste your time doing so. I'll concede in advance).
  5. Bender

Bender First Round Draft Pick

Maybe, just maybe, 35-36 w's.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I didn't vote as I was waiting for a Rip trade the first few games ala last year, but once he went down it never happen, and I missed the closing date.

I would have put down 35, but now I believe Tally's 29 might be the winning selection here when it is all said and done.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The odds have to be pretty bad to have a poll where 57 people vote and only 1 is right... that or there is just a lot of homers voting!
  8. LA Dre

If he does eventually be the one person who nails it, then either Joe hires him as a consultant or I hire him to start picking my lotto numbers...
  9. max

max All-Star

How would the Cavs be doing without Williams and Verajio, or if they had to go without James for a stretch. How about the Celts without Garnett? Or without Perkins, Rhondo and Garnett.

Its hard to say how the Pistons would be doing if there were no injuries. Someone said in the last game thread that the Pistons did not have any good 3-pt shooters to make a last sec 3-pt shot. What about a healthy Ben Gordon?
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

No matter what the circumstances, I'm just saying that it is really hard to make a poll where 53 people are wrong and 1 is right. I guess there were lots of choices, so that spread the picks out, but it still would be a rare happening.

I still think they will exceed that number though when we get healthy and when Ben Gordon starts taking over every 3rd game or so to get us some surprise W's.
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think Taleb makes the point that prediction markets are really overrated.

This season has been a black swan, and Tally is the take all winner of extremistan.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Although, the more informed the voter, the lower # they picked.
  13. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

I think if we had all known going in that half our roster would be injured; the picks would be different. Noone could have forseen the injury plague we caught.
  14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm not sure that is the case.

That's why it is a black swan. We informed our prediction based on past expectations, including a healthy roster. We can't predict the future because the past only accounts for the known, not the unknown.
  15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think Nemo, TaShawn and TheeTFD still deserve credit for realizing that this team had major personnel issues irregardless of the injuries.
  16. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

The season isn't over yet. Let's see how they finish. Trade deadline is less then a month away.
  17. BillLaimbeer

As far as winning games and contending for a playoff spot, this season is over. Stick a fork in it.

[​IMG]
  18. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

I just looked at the odds. We've been lucky about injuries until last season.
    Tay and Rip are thinner and IMHO, more subject to injuries as their careers move on. I'm still expecting Ben or JJ to go out for at least 15 or more games this season. Plus, I just figured the mix of players wasn't happenin....Thus, my guess of 31 wins. :stirthepot:
  19. LA Dre

This is why you can't make educated guesses on past years performances and you need to give the team a chance to play a few games to see how the chemistry meshes with the new coach and new players before you vote....You see what happen last season with Curry.

I was waiting to see how they played their first 10 games before I voted, but the polls closed after 7 games and not only did the Pistons have a record of 3-4, but Tay and Rip were already MIA and there was no communication that first three weeks on how either would be out.. Of course it took while for them recover and so far the Pistons still haven't.:yellowprison: (I may have given them 35 W's if not for the injuries)

In a similar analogy, the Univ of Michigan mens BB team was ranked 15th in the preseason rankings based on last years tourney and their returning players before they even played a game and they are currently sporting a nice so-so record of 10-9. :cold:
  20. BillLaimbeer

Anyone can make a prediction after half the season is over.... :stirthepot: