2010 West Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Apr 17, 2010.

1. max

max All-Star

General West playoff thread. Denver will have their hands full as they open against the Jazz tonight.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Denver/Utah game was tight through three qtrs, but JR Smith got hot and Melo who was 18/25 from the field with only had 2 pts at the end of one scored 42 for the game.

Memo went down, and will have a MRI tomorrow. if he is out for a couple of games, that my cause some issues for the Jazz...

3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Memo's out for the rest of the playoffs with a tear in his achilles. Ouch.

Jazz is already without AK47. They won't make it out of this round. Denver is too good to take on without full strength.

4. Walter

Oklahoma hung in there with the Lakers despite a really horrible shooting night from Durant (7/24). Lakers jumped on them early and the youngsters looked like they were a bit awestruck. LA will probably win this series in the end due to size advantage, but I think the next game is going to be really exciting. The kids will win at least one, maybe two I think.

5. LA Dre

Phil Jackson's Lakers and Bulls playoff teams are 44-0 when they win the first game of a playoff series (they lost game one of the finals to the Pistons in 04 and Celtics in 08 and were not able to recover)...so stealing game one may have been the Thunder's only chance.

However I hope that they can extend this thing out to 6 or 7 games just to give the Lakers a scare.

6. Walter

Well, doesn't whoever wins game 1 win the series like 70% of the time? Regardless of the historical stats, LA is just too good and too big for the Thunder in a 7-game series. In order to make up for size, all Thunder players need to play near-perfect games, and do it for 4 times. If Bynum continues to play with the ferocity he had in Game 1, the Thunder have no chance.

7. LA Dre

Portland was the only road team to break through in the opening games. No Brandon Roy in the first round, but he hopes to be available if they get to the third.

50 wins with a lotta injuries...if Nate does get his team to the conference finals without Roy, this guy is probably the coach that Joe should have hired instead on Flip....:stirthepot:

8. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Does Nate have to make it all the way to the conference finals to ponder that? McMillan would have been a great fit after LB left...similar principles, great work ethic.

9. LA Dre

Yeah but somehow or another Flip was already hanging around the Palace in the spring of 05 cleaning up garbage and lucked up on the job when we could have possibly signed Nate or even the Zen master himself Phil Jackson..

Go Nate!!!

10. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

This may be the year Dirk finally reminds everyone that he's part of the NBA elite. The Spurs have absolutely no answer for him.

Really liking the West playoff match-ups, all of them are intriguing in some regard.

11. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

The Former Mister Big Shot tried to take over the last couple of minutes of that game, and failed miserably. Just a ton of bad shots and decisions. And Carmelo fouling out putting pressure on the ball in the backcourt and fouling out? The Nuggets are just a dumb team. It's unfortunate because they are so talented.

Utah definitely did a great job grinding this one out. Doubt they hold up with all the injuries, but they aren't going to throw in the towel.

12. LA Dre

That last shot by Billups was kind of rushed and off balance. I think he had time to stop and pop it with only minimal defense on him could have tied the game with still a half second left on the clock.....but he probably loss the time and rushed it and was looking for better defense. ........

no AK47 or Memo....hmmm Dantley is struggling here with this team....12-9 when he coaches......

13. Walter

That was a quality win by the Jazz last night. Millsap could've sealed the deal and extend the lead to 5 with less than half a minute to go on a sweet Boozer pass but he did one of the greatest KBToys impression and turned the ball over. Kyle Korver of all people made huge plays down the stretch for the Jazz, including drawing a charge on Billups.

This was a great game to watch. I believe the two teams combined for over 100 points in the paint.

I was very impressed by how good Denver's defense was. Jazz had so much trouble putting the ball inside, especially in the second half.

This series is going to be a dogfight, but Denver probably will prevail in the end.

14. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

To be fair, their veteran head coach is currently undergoing cancer treatment.

15. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Even WITH George Karl, they're a dumb team.

Aside from Spellcheck, Mr. "Cerebral Touch" and maybe one or two others; those guys are a bunch of dumb dumbs.

The Nuggs have the collective basketball IQ of a common housefly.

16. LA Dre

Its just midway through the second qtr but how many ezy buckets can the Thunder miss on the inside?? First they miss a ton of nervous jumpers and now every layup or bunny rolls off the rim. The Lakers have made a ton of mistakes in the first half.....any other team and they would be behind by 10..

17. LA Dre

Speaking of Spellcheck or Arron Afflalo, I saw a NBA stat that he was the only player in the NBA to play all 82 games this season. Is he the new Iron man??

18. linwood

linwood All-Star

I think he stole Arnie's magic potion book when Joe traded him away. That would explain his iron man streak, and all the injuries to the Pistons this season.

Shame on you, Arron!

19. LA Dre

Those ez misses came back to haunt the Thunder as they still had a chance to steal this game in the end. I guess it is all about experience as a more experience team would probably sent the Laker faithful home disappointed tonight.

Russell Westbrook is a gamer but spent to much time on the bench in foul trouble in the first half. . And for a team that supposedly is smaller in height than the Lakers, the Thunder had 17 blocks including 7 by Ibaka and 4 by Durant. Unfortunately despite the 32 pts by Durant he also had 8 turnovers. He has to hope for home cooking in game 3 get to the line at least 10 times. to many jump shots tonight including that early potential game winner tonight. I probably would have had either him or Westbrook drive for the tying score and hope for an and one situation....look how many times Kobe got to the FT line 13 times I believe...

Good game though...go [strike]Pistons [/strike]Thunder...

20. Walter

That may not be true. During one of the games they were talking about starters and they said there were like 7 players that have started all 82 games. Nene might be one of those guys, though I'm not sure.