2010 West Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Apr 17, 2010.

1. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm glad to see Nene healthy, and on the court in a consistent manner. If Joe could have got Nene and a draft pick for Chauncy, I would feel alot better about that trade...
  2. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Nene would have had an ankle injury in Detroit.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I stand corrected, I thought it seem odd when I read it. Here are some more that played in all 82 games:

Derek Fisher, Amare Stoudamire, Nene, Jared Dudley, Andre Miller and Martel Webster to name a few.
  4. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

And here I was all set to declare the Mavs the only real challengers to LA dominance in the West.

Never mind.
  5. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

I still think they are. I just think San Antonio is one of those tough outs. Dallas can be iffy though. I'd be disappointed if they lose, I think the Lakers deserve a challenge.
  6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Dallas won't win this series if they can't get home court back over the next two games. Spurs are a dangerous team.

I think Denver would be the biggest challenge to LA, not Dallas. If LA can get past the Nuggest in the 2nd round, they have a clear path to the finals.
  7. LA Dre

Nice win by the Thunder tonight and I see another victory hopefully in game 4 that can possibly take this series to six.

Coach of the year Scotty Brooks earned his award by moving Kevin Durant to guard Kobe in the second half and not only did it shut Bryant down, but it kept him from getting to the FT line too. Meanwhile Durant was 29 and 19 and at one point had more boards than points.

Once again Russell Westbrook abused the slow/old Derek Fisher scoring 27 pts on a variety of shots.

Odom and Artest are still no shows on offense, but can't complain to much since the Lakers are still up 2-1.
  8. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Thunder played heroic D from the 6-minute mark of the third quarter through the end of the game. I was rooting for them all the way.
  9. LA Dre

I think all of America was cheering/rooting for them too just as they did Butler in the NCAA title game.

As the game wound down you kept wondering how the Thunder would blow this game and if the refs would hand Kobe some free/gift shots at the FT line.. betcha if this had been game seven, he would have got them:stirthepot:
  10. Walter

If OKC didn't have the star power of Durant, he would have.
  11. linwood

linwood All-Star

If Kobe's name was LeBron, he would have. The torch has passed.
  12. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Stern will get you for that one, Dre.
  13. dba

Only six and six in the boxscore, but a big impact on the game from McDyess. Nice to see the old man making a difference in the playoffs.
  14. LA Dre

OK who said the Lakers would sweep or take this first series in five> The got their hands full with these Thunderkids....
  15. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Game Four was one of the few blowouts I've ever enjoyed watching (other than when the Pistons used to blow teams out).
  16. dba

One more and no Mavs. Hard to imagine that RC survives this.
  17. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Rick Carlisle must have money on the Spurs. Don't understand the logic of trying to get Butler and Marion involved to the point where Dirk doesn't even shoot, only to completely go away from them and try to let Dirk isolate at the end of the game.

Also terrible rotation by the Mavs. George Hill was taking open looks all night, who were they doubling? Duncan doesn't require a double anymore, what's going on?

I'm also impressed by the level of effort neither Dampier or Haywood seem to not be giving. Probably whining over minutes.

The Nuggets are a prime example of the importance of a head strong head coach with a combustable roster. They look terrible. It's the Carmelo & friends show.
  18. Walter

The Mavs gambled on shutting down Duncan-Manu-Parker and forcing some other Spur to step up and beat them; and that's exactly what happened. It's not the coaches or the rotation or the strategy. Look at the body language and the passion of the players. The Spurs want this more and they are taking it. That's the bottom line. On paper the Mavs may be much better, but Spurs are the better team on the floor.

I really disagree that there's no longer a need to double Duncan. That maybe true during the regular season in January or whatever. But, not in the playoffs. Yesterday they shut him down, but through the first three games he averaged 25.7 points on 34/57 shooting. That's 59.6%.
  19. Walter

Can't agree with you more. They should've handled Utah in 5 games at most. Now they're facing the same fate.
  20. Walter

How about Roy coming back 8 days after menuscus surgery? I wasn't even walking straight 8 days after I had that. These guys (or maybe their doctors and PTs) are amazing.